Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

Genuinely can't see any local lockdown being ended before September.

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but I actually don't think I've seen one iota of good news come out since this started at the end of June.

I tell you what, though, the local economy is going to be grim when it does reopen.

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Genuinely can't see any local lockdown being ended before September.

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but I actually don't think I've seen one iota of good news come out since this started at the end of June.

I tell you what, though, the local economy is going to be grim when it does reopen.

Surely the people of Leicester won’t comply  with us staying in lockdown for another 7 weeks whilst the rest of the country gets back to some sort of normality. 

I live in a lockdown area Glen Parva 1 mile away from Blaby who aren’t in lockdown. I have  followed the rules all the way through pretty much since March. But if this current lockdown is extended whether people think I am right or wrong I won’t be abiding by it any longer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surely the people of Leicester won’t comply  with us staying in lockdown for another 7 weeks whilst the rest of the country gets back to some sort of normality. 

I live in a lockdown area Glen Parva 1 mile away from Blaby who aren’t in lockdown. I have  followed the rules all the way through pretty much since March. But if this current lockdown is extended whether people think I am right or wrong I won’t be abiding by it any longer. 

I think that's likely tbh. Glenfield and Glen Parva residents have been very vocal in opposition to being included, which is absolutely their right.

As mentioned maybe it's just me being in the zone dragging my mood, but I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel, though defiance will grow if it continues that long, I'm certain.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It'll be extended for sure IMO, our numbers are still far higher than anyone elses. 1168 per 100k, Bradford is the next big city with 800 per 100k.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/coronavirus-uk-map-the-latest-deaths-and-confirmed-covid-19-cases

Do you know what is the time frame for this stat ? How far to they count back ?

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 16.57.57.png

Does anyone if its safe to travel in to Leicester got elderly parents who need some working doing to there home and I was wondering if it safe to travel in to Leicester. I said I'll wait till after 2nd spell but not sure whats going on on as I live up north and here everything thing to be back to the new normal.

Edited by TeamRocket

7 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Does anyone if its safe to travel in to Leicester got elderly parents who need so working doing to there home and I was wondering if it safe to travel in to Leicester. I said I'll wait till after 2nd spell but not sure whats going on on as I live up north and here everything thing to be back to the new normal.

If your parents are elderly, I  Would give it a swerve maybe…. If it’s non urgent work, it can probably wait…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Does anyone if its safe to travel in to Leicester got elderly parents who need some working doing to there home and I was wondering if it safe to travel in to Leicester. I said I'll wait till after 2nd spell but not sure whats going on on as I live up north and here everything thing to be back to the new normal.

I would definitely wait until you’re sober enough

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I live in a lockdown area Glen Parva 1 mile away from Blaby who aren’t in lockdown. 

Someone said the cut off point between Glen Parva and Blaby is the railway line. New Bridge Road is included in lockdown yet Woodbank isn't ... which is where local Lib Dem councillor Geoff Welsh lives.

Just a coincidence I'm sure...

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Someone said the cut off point between Glen Parva and Blaby is the railway line. New Bridge Road is included in lockdown yet Woodbank isn't ... which is where local Lib Dem councillor Geoff Welsh lives.

I’ve just had a look and you’re correct. Woodbank not in lockdown, New Bridge Road is. 528 yards away from each other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm due back at work in Wigston in the hospitality industry on Saturday, when exactly are the government going to say if the lockdown is extended or lifted? I don't want to travel in to Leicester if I don't have to. 

Nobody does mate, nobody does.

On another point, since lockdown doesn't seem to be working, is there actually any point in extending it?

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I mean I've read that he's utterly devastated at the way he's been treated by the community. Councillors have had absolutely no say in where the lockdown area was thrust, and the ellipsis speculation that these people had a say it not only unhelpful but damaging to reputations of people who have represented their community for 25+ years.

But continue to make subtle digs at something which is a genuine coincidence. No worries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I mean I've read that he's utterly devastated at the way he's been treated by the community. Councillors have had absolutely no say in where the lockdown area was thrust, and the ellipsis speculation that these people had a say it not only unhelpful but damaging to reputations of people who have represented their community for 25+ years.

But continue to make subtle digs at something which is a genuine coincidence. No worries.

A lot people think it's very strange where the lines are drawn hence why it was legitimately worth highlighting and questioning.

I'm sure you are smart enough to realise that.

13 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/fast-fashion-leicester-s-labour-abuse-scandal-lhrd7fxfz

Behind a pay wall but when discussing this Times piece on BBC News 24, they said it says the government is contemplating taking over the running of Leicester City Council. :o

I’m hearing Boris has already paid the subscription for his 20 kids to go to Leicester Grammar and O’Neils flat down Brawnie gate has been redecorated so looks likely.

• Haha 1