Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

How many times has Vardy touched the ball since the restart?

What I would say in regards of Vardy. He needs to drop deeper and come short and pull the defence out. He’s standing on last defender too much and it’s making defences drop so deep.

Its not his fault though, BR should be saying this.

I doubt BR is telling him to and he’s ignoring it and BR is just accepting that he’s ignoring this and leaving him on!

I think Brendans tactics are telling him to just stay up and that’s not his fault.

8 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

19 year old Tariq Lamptey made Vardy look slow v.Brighton.. think that was a sign that perhaps hes age is catching up with him. Might be better to use him as an impact sub

as defences tire

Tariq Lamptey would make most look slow, he’s 19 and a speedster.

Vardy clearly isn’t peak speed but he’s still fast given space and all are best goal moments he’s involved.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You just constantly want to pick bones of Vardy.

Facts are we have away a 2-0 lead and that’s the reason we lost.

He played ok today I thought, his first touch was off at times but so was everyone’s!
He actually set up our 2 best chances! He set up a great chance for Perez near the end, he also set up Nacho winning a great header at the back post. (He also flicked it on for Nachos goal too).

People are clueless really, I honestly sometimes think some people on here don’t watch the games and just see he hasn’t scored, panic because we’re awful at the minute, and just say a lazy comment.

Yes , he’s not playing brilliantly and he’s probably a bit low on confidence but , every meaningful situation we have, he’s usually involved in, making the most of the little scraps he’s getting.

We are absolutely turgid currently. We pass it around the back 4 thinking we are Barcelona but it’s aimless possession. There’s no urgency, there’s no running off the ball. The whole thing is shocking atm and whilst Vardy is not at it completely currently, he is far off the main reason we are awful.

Rather than changing him and sticking with exactly the same but with Nacho, we need a change in tactics.

We were so bad first half today, you can’t start like that and expect to get anything!!

We need to get Nacho up with Vardy and flood the midfield.
Same formation as away to Villa, Maddison head of the diamond and stretch the game later on! BR got it wrong again today and that’s why we lost.
Giving 2-0 away to Everton and blaming it on an icolated striker 🤦‍♂️😂. Only Leicester fans...

But opinions is what makes this such a great game. I thought he was awful today. An inform vardy scores in the first few mins today, but he missed controlled it, if he scores that it’s a different game and that’s what he is paid to do. Against Chelsea he was clean trough and again an in form vardy virus it, but his touch was awful. Again would have put us one up.

and the worst team to play against if you go one nil down is Leicester and the oboe player you don’t want playing against you if one nil down is vardy 

He's been shocking, but I can understand the logic in persisting. For now.

Throughout his time at Leicester he has been a confidence player. He's almost always either on a goal streak or a drought.

All it needs is one goal and you'll probably see a different player afterwards.

26 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But opinions is what makes this such a great game. I thought he was awful today. An inform vardy scores in the first few mins today, but he missed controlled it, if he scores that it’s a different game and that’s what he is paid to do. Against Chelsea he was clean trough and again an in form Vardy virus it, but his touch was awful. Again would have put us one up.

and the worst team to play against if you go one nil down is Leicester and the oboe player you don’t want playing against you if one nil down is vardy 

True, but think a bit harsh to blame the latest lockdown on the lad

Not making excuses for him and would like to see Iheanacho get a chance on Saturday just to freshen things up a bit.

But think Vardy misses the crowd scenario more than any single player in the league, he loves the stick he gets from opposition fans and the adulation he gets from our fans. Honestly think that is half his game might be wrong but definitely think it’s affected him more than most.

1 hour ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But opinions is what makes this such a great game. I thought he was awful today. An inform vardy scores in the first few mins today, but he missed controlled it, if he scores that it’s a different game and that’s what he is paid to do. Against Chelsea he was clean trough and again an in form vardy virus it, but his touch was awful. Again would have put us one up.

I have not once said he’s playing brilliantly though, but there’s a huge difference to miscontrolling a bit and be a ‘bit off it’ than all these knee jerk like reactions who seem to believe if we drop him we will suddenly be this machine.

All our best actual ‘threats’ still come from Vardy, he is a beast at any point when he actually gets his foot on the ball, a few miscontrols suggest he’s a little of it but so is nearly the whole team!!

We are awful from back to front and the main issue for me is the midfield arnt dominating as much and are more deep and static.

I watched Utd and they were moving all over the place and pressing high. We are pedestrian and when we get on the ball no ones showing for it. I agree Vards should come deeper, move defenders about more, hopefully Rodgers will tell him that , feels like BR wants him to stay in last man and that’s more tactical. However I also think it’s most of our players..YT maddison etc..none of them actually move much of the ball..pass, go back.

Pass go back. It was tiring today, and whilst we didn’t actually play that bad 2nd half, it felt like we were never going to get back into it in the last 25 mins. BR taking YT off was a disgusting decision too and there went our chance.

Edited by deanolegend1989

I'm a very big fan of Leicester City and I have been wondering for a long time why some FTers are always complaining about JV and this unfortunately for years. Didn't anyone here understand that without Jamie we wouldn't have been champions 2016, nor would we be third in PL at the moment. It's probably the same, sorry, unsuspecting fans who always criticise Kasper. Without Kasper we would have lost in Watford and also against Brighton and would have been out of the CL race. I also believe that those fans who see Chilwell as a very good footballer don't know much about this wonderful sport and they allow themselves to criticise a legend like JV. And once again to remind you JV scored 19 goals and I am sure he will shoot us into the CL, latest against ManU on July 26th and we all will cheer with him again...

The year is 2075.

In the Conference North, an 83 year old Jamie Vardy starts up front for Leicester City. The Foxes are set to face Kettering Town, hoping to end their 7 year goal drought. After the game, those lucky fans who have managed to obtain Lockdown Passes gather together to perform the weekly "lack of service" ritual.

One fan pipes up to suggest that maybe Vardy's legs might be starting to go, and that is it possible that starting a senior citizen up front may not be the best idea. He is promptly taken round the back and shot by the Leicester Faithful. How dare he insult the hero of 2015/2016. 

It was always joked during lockdown that Vardy would be bad with no abuse from opposition fans and look how right it’s proven!

There’s been claims of lack of service but his touch has been terrible, he was fed through by Tielemans about 5 minutes into the game today and with a better first touch he would’ve scored 

Needs a goal, but Iheanacho definitely deserves a chance atm maybe along Vards on Sat but if Vardy doesn’t perform again then he could do with a break

3 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

19 year old Tariq Lamptey made Vardy look slow v.Brighton.. think that was a sign that perhaps hes age is catching up with him. Might be better to use him as an impact sub

as defences tire

I have been critical of vardy recently but to be fair to Vardy i think 95% of strikers in this league would look slow compared to that lad. He was rapid! 

Incidentally, i'm starting think about how deadly the vards and nacho partnership could be. Ignorantly i've tended to see Iheanacho as a bit awkward and uncomfortable when he's played, always reverting to the "Vardy conundrum" when really Iheanachos awkwardness is just how he plays. He makes different choices on the ball and defences can't work it out, leaving them ending up out of shape and vardy with a better chance to get in behind. But the idea we would be in anyway better off giving nacho a run and benching vards is simply fu*king ridiculous - imo.

Up the foxes.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

5 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

as defences tire

You noticed that too? I was thinking the kid was fast but maybe Vardy has finally slowed down and no longer has his jets. 

He’s become a ghost out there. Today the hammers had Valencia doing a similar thing and it was only when he came short to link up on the counter did he make an impact. 

The scary thing is if we the fans are noticing it what must Vardy be thinking. This is his last hurrah so has to muster up every drop of juice he’s got to get to 100 and finish strong.

22 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

You noticed that too? I was thinking the kid was fast but maybe Vardy has finally slowed down and no longer has his jets. 

He’s become a ghost out there. Today the hammers had Valencia doing a similar thing and it was only when he came short to link up on the counter did he make an impact. 

The scary thing is if we the fans are noticing it what must Vardy be thinking. This is his last hurrah so has to muster up every drop of juice he’s got to get to 100 and finish strong.

He’s gone from being one of the worlds best strikers to being finished in a few games? Haha mental 😂😂.

Maybe fans should watch how we’re playing as a team and stop hiding the fact that we’re toilet.

Man Utd were so dominant and in control of games they have played so far. It’s a matter of time before they score because they press high, control the game and don’t concede because of the rest of the team being poor.

We don’t control games, we concede 2 stupid goals and threw the game away then blame our striker for miscontrolling a few passes and because one time a super lighting Tariq Lampty outruns him 🤦‍♂️.(he’d out run most people)

Anyone who honestly watches our pile of rubbish and thinks we’ve played amazing but Vardy is costing us, is in denial just how bad we are.

Ill tell you now, if Vardy was playing in Utd rather than Rashford, he’d be doing well don’t worry about that.

Edited by deanolegend1989

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho needs to play in a front two, either have Perez behind him or persist with Vardy with him. Or throw it all on George Hirst.

I think if Rodgers was a bit imaginative with the winger roles instead of the dogmatic 4-1-4-1 structure he likes, Iheanacho's passing and hold-up could really bring Barnes and Perez into the game if they were given more free roles. It's clear neither player excels as wingers the way Rodgers wants them to, if they're given more licence to drift across the front 3 I think Iheanacho could not only bring them into the game much more, but their movement would benefit him too. A narrower front three would also benefit Chilwell, who never really seems to know how to best utilise the winger he is paired up with, and instead likes to power through to the touchline.

This would require benching Vardy to work in the 4-3-3, which is still our best formation defensively imo. Which could be the wrong move, I don't know I'm no expert.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

True, but think a bit harsh to blame the latest lockdown on the lad

They have all been rubbish to be honest, I can’t think of one player who is at their best. I was always worried about the restart as thought it would be a lottery for the first 3- 5 games. And we have been poor.

7 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I have not once said he’s playing brilliantly though, but there’s a huge difference to miscontrolling a bit and be a ‘bit off it’ than all these knee jerk like reactions who seem to believe if we drop him we will suddenly be this machine.

All our best actual ‘threats’ still come from Vardy, he is a beast at any point when he actually gets his foot on the ball, a few miscontrols suggest he’s a little of it but so is nearly the whole team!!

We are awful from back to front and the main issue for me is the midfield arnt dominating as much and are more deep and static.

I watched Utd and they were moving all over the place and pressing high. We are pedestrian and when we get on the ball no ones showing for it. I agree Vards should come deeper, move defenders about more, hopefully Rodgers will tell him that , feels like BR wants him to stay in last man and that’s more tactical. However I also think it’s most of our players..YT maddison etc..none of them actually move much of the ball..pass, go back.

Pass go back. It was tiring today, and whilst we didn’t actually play that bad 2nd half, it felt like we were never going to get back into it in the last 25 mins. BR taking YT off was a disgusting decision too and there went our chance.

Agree with most of what you say. The team hasn’t adapted to the restart. But I have always said vardys touch is of a non league player and his speed and goal scoring is world class. For me I think he needs dropping, as he is bang off form, or if you start Perez they could swap positions at times during the game, just to make the opposition defence have something to think about, always thought in this system vardy would be best as a wide forward?

7 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Agree with most of what you say. The team hasn’t adapted to the restart. But I have always said vardys touch is of a non league player and his speed and goal scoring is world class. For me I think he needs dropping, as he is bang off form, or if you start Perez they could swap positions at times during the game, just to make the opposition defence have something to think about, always thought in this system vardy would be best as a wide forward?

I disagree with dropping him or using him as a wide forward but agree about him ‘moving around’ more and dropping deeper.

Also saying Vardys touch is non league is also over dramatic. I actually think he has a great first touch usually, but agree his touches have been poor since the restart.

Even if he don’t hold it up or link much, I’d like him to move around, drag the centre backs and let runners go past him. However this requires Madders, Youri , Barnes etc running past him and using the space, which I’m not sure there capable of currently.

Barnes looks like a fish up a tree since the restart, Madders has been awful in and around the goal, he’s had a few half chances from the edge of the box both vs Brighton and Everton and has been closer to hitting my house than the net, absolutely embarrassing for someone whose supposed to have good technique!

Im confident we can beat palace but we need to be patient and not give teams stupid head starts 

Challenge with Vardy is that he’s never been a great technician. Explosive, aggressive and a great finisher. But when there’s a lack of space, he’s simply not effective. 

Nacho has far better close control, and can play with the ball into feet, on the half turn. 

We are trying to evolve our style of play, but unfortunately Vardy doesn’t have the technical ability to do that. With teams sitting a bit deeper, the ball in behind is getting more and more difficult. 

We looked a different team with more support up top last night. But I do worry Vardy is untouchable. If I was Nacho I’d be thinking what have I got to do...

Edited by roblcfc84
  • Like 1

I blame bren, this "cute", reserving energy, non pressing vardy is a shadow of the absolute madlad, sprinting around the place, lunging in, pushing and abusing defenders. I'd rather see vardy 1.0 for 45 minutes than vardy 2.0 for 90 minutes!

10 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What I would say in regards of Vardy. He needs to drop deeper and come short and pull the defence out. He’s standing on last defender too much and it’s making defences drop so deep.

Its not his fault though, BR should be saying this.

I doubt BR is telling him to and he’s ignoring it and BR is just accepting that he’s ignoring this and leaving him on!

I think Brendans tactics are telling him to just stay up and that’s not his fault.

BR has told him to do exactly this. He’s said it in various interviews previously - he basically wants Vardy to stand as high as possible in order to stretch the game for the likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes etc to create in that space. Issue is that it just leaves him isolated, especially when Maddison isn’t playing or isn’t getting on the ball