Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm not knocking this, but how much will we gain from this new facility?

The sports science dept is already pretty good as far as injuries and fitness is concerned. Will the new training facilities make better players than the old ones could?

Why does anyone upgrade their TV - old one shows the same programmes? Why does anyone move house? Old one has a kitchen, a garden, etc. Why does anyone upgrade their car? Old one goes from A-B juts fine. Why does anyone buy new clothes? Old ones cover your modesty juts fine 🤷‍♂️  Or maybe we all want to have the best journey through life that we think we can afford - maximising every ounce of ‘opportunity’ we have in front of us?  

This New training ground is a world class platform to consistently develop some of the best young players from the UK and beyond to break into the first team and also sell (inevitably) which will also be a huge source of income for us.

Unless your from Manchester or London then The midlands and beyond is a huge breeding ground for talent and we will have the pick of the best from a young age. As a parent/Guardian you will want you Child to develop in the best place possible.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

This and the champions league qualification will really push us on to another level. The short term excitement is great, but the potential we have to grow as a club now is massive. If we can take advantage of the current top 6 slump, this could be a real chance to establish ourselves. Really bloody hope they unveil the stadium expansion soon!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

The sports science dept is already pretty good as far as injuries and fitness is concerned. Will the new training facilities make better players than the old ones could?

I get what you're saying - that shiny, new training facilities might not make any difference to an individual's performance, and I think that could be the case. However, I've no doubt there will be huge advantages.

This training ground is a great statement of intent. Potential player and staff signings will see this and see us as a serious club with big intentions. A training ground like this could easily be the clincher when someone has to decide between us and our similarly-sized rivals.

In terms of an individual player moving from Belvoir Drive to Seagrave, the benefit, I agree, is less clear. However, I can imagine players being more excited to go into work every day, and maybe finding it slightly easier to work slightly harder, if that makes sense. I think it's conceivable that it could make each player a small amount better on average. Those small amounts add up across the team as a whole.

This training ground and our recent success, I think, will lift us above the bracket of clubs we recently thought of as similarly-sized in many people's eyes. A stadium expansion would only cement that further.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Why does anyone upgrade their TV - old one shows the same programmes? Why does anyone move house? Old one has a kitchen, a garden, etc. Why does anyone upgrade their car? Old one goes from A-B juts fine. Why does anyone buy new clothes? Old ones cover your modesty juts fine 🤷‍♂️  Or maybe we all want to have the best journey through life that we think we can afford - maximising every ounce of ‘opportunity’ we have in front of us?  

Seem a lot of money to spend for just having something a bit nicer. I'd have thought the owners would want a return on their investment.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Seem a lot of money to spend for just having something a bit nicer. I'd have thought the owners would want a return on their investment.

I would guess that they see it the same way that home-sellers do for decorating prior to sale. Or adding an extension - it adds value to the asset. It adds value should they ever wish to sell. It adds value as it will likely 

be more attractive to potential incoming  players than the 2-up, 2-down mid-terrace that is Belvoir Drive? Also, every facet of resource will be state of the art as opposed to industry average. That has to add to the playing performance of the squad. Marginal gains and all that. 

• Like 1

Our owners are successful businessmen who are building a long term strategy for success. I think we will be clearer once the plans for the stadium expansion are made public. The two together will be what we need to see to understand where we are going and how we plan to stand out

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This could be hired out during the Euros and on other occasions when international Teams come to play England. Plus a better working environment will (or should) improve performance of playing staff. Plus as said earlier, could help us attract new players.  All in all, I personally think an excellent investment providing it does not affect the Club financially to any great degree like say Spuds new Stadium.

It does look superb.

I hope the 500 seater pitch they allow the public in on. I would love to do a tour also once it opens if they do such things.

It is worth mentioning however to a few that are getting carried away that the vast amount of premier league teams do also have training grounds of very similar size and status. 

• Like 1

Still looks a little way off, pitches are green though which is pretty. Think it could take a couple of years to properly bed in and for the fresh concrete smell to go.

It's all about how we utilise these facilities; clubs like Tottenham, Southampton & West Ham have invested in their training grounds in recent times with not much of a significant improvement to be seen on the pitch yet.

That said these facilities are a cut above the vast majority of the Premier League and it also should really put us in a greater position to capitalise on our central catchment area in the country, with little in way of high profile rivals close to us. The coaching, scouting and management of these facilities must continue being as top class if we're to make the most of it.

image.png.bc3752aaa71c8fad18d4e4e5753973fb.pngAnyone know why they've omitted the sports hall (to the right of the main building?). All of the planning and technical drawings were approved and it looked good. One assumption is that it wasnt felt it was necessary? Or would have significantly delayed the build completion? 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

image.png.bc3752aaa71c8fad18d4e4e5753973fb.pngAnyone know why they've omitted the sports hall (to the right of the main building?). All of the planning and technical drawings were approved and it looked good. One assumption is that it wasnt felt it was necessary? Or would have significantly delayed the build completion? 

Think a delay must be a reason, there have been plenty amendments to all the buildings in the plans but the sports hall has not been mentioned. I bet it’ll be done as and when things settle down.

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Think a delay must be a reason, there have been plenty amendments to all the buildings in the plans but the sports hall has not been mentioned. I bet it’ll be done as and when things settle down.

I cant imagine that to be the case as construction of that would take it potentially into autumn and it's also been dropped off of the new CGI's which is a massive giveaway.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

We now need the best most forward thinking coaches at all levels, on the same page to work there.

Yep totally agree, if we keep with old school coaches we won't reap the benefit. I wonder if we will make a big appointment to be head of the academy or training centre? I feel like that is a necessary appointment for a place like this, although maybe there will be some early overlap with Rodgers / Rudkin / existing coaches. Rudkin is our DOF and at some clubs that person might be the one to mandate a style of play across age levels even if they don't execute on it themselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Blue tinted spectacles on I'm sure, but, genuinely think our new training ground could be the best training ground ever made in the history of football. The greatest training ground. There has never been a training ground like it. We invented the training ground. Other clubs will look at our training ground and will be like 'I want that training ground, this is what we want, this is what we should have. But we've done it, the best one there is. lol

Agreed mate. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

It does look superb.

I hope the 500 seater pitch they allow the public in on. I would love to do a tour also once it opens if they do such things.

It is worth mentioning however to a few that are getting carried away that the vast amount of premier league teams do also have training grounds of very similar size and status. 

I'd love to go and see it, as well. Failing that, it would be good if they could make a virtual tour, either a video walking through the real thing or a 3d model.

I'm not sure if people are getting carried away. I think the benefit will be significant. You're right - there are many other clubs with impressive facilities, but we are about to join that group. However well we are doing with recruitment before we have a state-of-the-art training ground, we will have more pulling power after, regardless of other clubs' facilities.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2020 at 22:40, Webbo said:

Totally fair question and I'd say you've had a good amount of answers to consider.

I'd add to this, could the same question be asked why did we move to the current stadium instead of redeveloping, or not, Filbert Street. I'd say it's just about progress.

We are, essentially, a corporate company and we're moving into brand new flagship offices (with a 9 hole gold course).

I doubt there isn't anything that hasn't been upgraded and the potential for growth and long term development surely looks better here than Belvoir Drive. 

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I'd add to this, could the same question be asked why did we move to the current stadium instead of redeveloping, or not, Filbert Street.

We did try but we didn't have a lot of choice with the Council and local protest groups preventing any improvements and we certainly couldn't have carried on with the capacity limit.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 22:53, Claridge said:

Teams often seem to struggle in new stadiums for whatever reason, don’t know if it’s true for training groundS

Brighton's opened in 2011 and is to be extended soon, and Spurs opened theirs in 2012. Fair to say both of those clubs improved dramatically from where they were. Man City's Etihad Campus opened in 2014 and their growth (not ignoring their financial doping) has been exponential - Iheanacho, Sancho, Foden, Garcia etc.

Even ourselves, if memory serves Pearson only returned in 2011 if KP committed to improving Belvoir Drive; then after Deeney Day we brought in a load of new sports science stuff that helped us win the Championship: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26943611

• Like 1