Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

2 hours ago, sishades said:

How does this compare to other premier league clubs?

Someone I know has worked on both this project and also on the Ethiad campus. His opinion (non Leicester fan) is that ours is comparable. 

I'm not knocking this, but how much will we gain from this new facility?

The sports science dept is already pretty good as far as injuries and fitness is concerned. Will the new training facilities make better players than the old ones could?

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The sports science dept is already pretty good as far as injuries and fitness is concerned. Will the new training facilities make better players than the old ones could?

If you are a decent player and you come for a tour of our facilities, do you think you might feel it would be the type of place you might want to try to improve and develop as a player?

having the best facilities can only help improve what we have and undoubtedly will attract better players.

• Like 2

So the new season is likely to start on September 12, which is 7 weeks after the end of this one.

I assume the players will get at least 2-3 weeks off so they're looking at needing the training ground to be ready for about 10-17 August for 4-5 weeks of condensed 'pre-season' training?

Is that going to be possible given the junction situation etc.? Would be a proper pain for it to be ready in September/October and then the club has to move all its operations mid-season, or indeed wait until next summer.

Edited by jeffschlupp

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

So the new season is likely to start on September 12, which is 7 weeks after the end of this one.

I assume the players will get at least 2-3 weeks off so they're looking at needing the training ground to be ready for about 10-17 August for 4-5 weeks of condensed 'pre-season' training?

Is that going to be possible given the junction situation etc.? Would be a proper pain for it to be ready in September/October and then the club has to move all its operations mid-season, or indeed wait until next summer.

Listening to the Foxes Fancast with Dean Hammond, he suggested it would be around 10days off, rather than 3 weeks. 

From the aerial view, the vast majority of work appears to be done, pitches all look well done too. Assume its internal work or cosmetics

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Listening to the Foxes Fancast with Dean Hammond, he suggested it would be around 10days off, rather than 3 weeks. 

From the aerial view, the vast majority of work appears to be done, pitches all look well done too. Assume its internal work or cosmetics

Ah interesting, so we'd be looking at more like early August then.

Agreed all looks very close to being finished in terms of construction and the pitches, but I'm not sure what the deal is with moving in without an amendment to that deadly junction, unless I've missed some news recently on that.

Either way, exciting times. That video makes it all look a lot smaller than it actually is, those buildings really are massive in reality, plus the sheer number of pitches. Only 12 years ago we got relegated to the third tier. Amazing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Agreed all looks very close to being finished in terms of construction and the pitches, but I'm not sure what the deal is with moving in without an amendment to that deadly junction, unless I've missed some news recently on that.

Either way, exciting times. That video makes it all look a lot smaller than it actually is, those buildings really are massive in reality, plus the sheer number of pitches. Only 12 years ago we got relegated to the third tier. Amazing.

Ah I'd completely forgotten about that junction, your suggestion could be more accurate then including that. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Long term the potential gains are almost unfathomable. The new training centre is so big and so well equipped that it gives us the possibility to holistically develop not just players, but a style of play and culture - "The Leicester City way" if you like. Look at Barcelona's La Masia academy, the Ajax Sportpark, the Benfica Futebol Campus. These academies haven't just produced some of the greatest players in the history of the game, they have also been used to develop a way of playing. What our new academy and the appointment of Brendan Rodgers means is that we want to create a style of play and then mould and develop players to play that style. Perhaps it will take many years to truly come to fruition, but if you think the likes of Barnes, Chilwell and Choudhury are good examples of academy prospects breaking through, the generation that spend every day here will be 3-4x better. We could well develop our own Mbappe, Sancho, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. And even if we don't, it means that rather than having to always buy players, we will be able to have great players come through our own system that not only get our way of playing, but have a connection to our city and club. That's not even taking into account the short term impact of giving every player the best possible facilities to improve (great with a young squad) and being able to wow potential new signings to join us.

Honestly this endeavor is superb and I can't rate the club highly enough for doing it. And unlike clubs like Man City and Chelsea, we'll make use of our young players and not just sell them off for additional funds.

It's going to be ruddy marvelous!

I'd guess that Barcelona, ajax, Benfica get the pick of the youngsters in their area because of who they are. They might already better than average before they start.

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Here’s our champions league competitors, Man City, Liverpool (to be completed soon), Chelsea and Man Utd.

9EFFC04A-070A-44FA-A389-1B6C55CAD366.jpeg

47E3D944-9110-4483-8798-19991910D90C.jpeg

3D321016-733C-4FEE-A04B-69EFB489C093.jpeg

967ED539-ECB7-463D-AC34-FD54F726065E.jpeg

280FFA40-26DB-4E7F-87C8-6FEBCB53D155.jpeg

Nice one didn’t realise Man Utd's look so poor  you’ve just given me more ammo 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

State of the Art training facility that is likely to attract top players that probably hadn’t thought about our clubs ambition before, being taken around this would definitely be helpful to bring in some quality additions shows how we are taking our football and investment seriously?

Then there is the talk of Stadium expansion to increase the crowd capacity this type of investments must definitely hello make us an attractive club for players coming into the club, our owners are amazing and I’m sure they will give Brendan a healthy Budget to bring in a few players soon just hoping no one puts out how much he’s being given or the press spouting garbage to how much otherwise clubs have a tendency to over inflate players values?

The future is looking amazing for Leicester and who knows over the coming seasons we can truly cement ourselves as a top 3 Premier League club?

Looks a big impressive site. Just out of interest, what’s on this site that we haven’t got a belvoir drive? Are some facilities upsized there? I know there’s the 499 seater and accommodation but unsure what else new compared? 

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Here’s our champions league competitors, Man City, Liverpool (to be completed soon), Chelsea and Man Utd.

9EFFC04A-070A-44FA-A389-1B6C55CAD366.jpeg

47E3D944-9110-4483-8798-19991910D90C.jpeg

3D321016-733C-4FEE-A04B-69EFB489C093.jpeg

967ED539-ECB7-463D-AC34-FD54F726065E.jpeg

280FFA40-26DB-4E7F-87C8-6FEBCB53D155.jpeg

Man Utd’s Training ground looks like a farm with a few football pitches from those images 😇

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

The term marginal gains, coined by the British Olympic Cycling team, improving lots of little thing by 0.1% aids up. We can't compete on transfer and wages, so we have to look at finding a edge else were.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

They do, but now we will have the same ability too. Do you want to send your promising kid to Birmingham's crappy academy, or the best in Europe, the world class Seagrave centre which has produced England internationals like Ben Chilwell, Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudhury?

Barcelona developed Xavi from the age of 10, Iniesta from the age of 9. They signed Messi at the age of 13. Cristiano Ronaldo spent over 10 years at Sporting Club de Portugal before Man U signed him with the rest being history. The very best clubs in the world invest in youth, and now we are deadly serious about doing the same thing.

Blackburn Rovers invested millions into their palying squad, won the league but where are they now?

Leeds invested millions into their playing squad, almost won the league and almost got to the Champions League Final. Where are they now?

Leicester invested millions into their club infrastructure, the city and their fans. Where are they now?

I know which one I think is the best use of money.

When you consider too that Trevor Peake is retiring, and during his 17 years as the Under 17s/18s coach he has developed two Premier League title winners in King and Schlupp, an England international in Chilwell, and Premier League first team regulars Barnes and Hamza - both also on the bring of the England team, with fairly modest facilities and no budget at Belvoir Drive, which were only upgraded in 2013 - that's already a pretty impressive CV.

Just imagine what his replacement can achieve with world class facilities, a consistent playing philosophy coming from the first team coach, and a budget to help you excel? We could well develop some world class talent in 10-15 years time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think it's location is an important factor too. There's a lot of nice houses in nice villages in that area , so selling a lifestyle is very important to players and most importantly their families. 

• Like 1

I like the grass going up the side of the building, if we ever get double relegated, we can get the players to train on there in preparation for the shit grounds they will visit.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 2