Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

22 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Re Austria they ask you to do a quarantine when you enter their country so that's out.

A training camp can be considered a quarantine???

cant see them going anywhere , especially given the overnight news,  infact, the club might request that they don’t go abroad at all! 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That’s true but circumstances are different this year and players will likely put their professional heads on when making the decision. I am sure that our players will want to start the season in the best shape possible and seagrave being ready could be an advantage in them agreeing to come in with less than 21 days rest. 

if any of our clubs are in the european finals then there isn’t 21 days from them to the start of 20/21 ???  the PFA will not impose their agreements in this instance and leave it up to individual players.  If clubs insist that players return less than 21 days then I can’t see any big ructions occurring ....

I agree it’s exceptional circumstances and the Euros start next year so common sense should come into play but we are talking about the organisation that has  refused to even consider any wage deferral for its members during the virus so I would imagine If it is less than 3 weeks break it will be down to individual players agreeing not as a collective agreement from the PFA

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Any updates in the knows? They surely must be close to completion now.

Pictures/video welcome 🤗

I'm sure they'll move in before everything is completed as long as the training/fitness/medical set up is complete it probably won't matter if the overnight accommodation is still being finalised.

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We better not rush it - with workers, delivery men, etc still coming and going, it may be risky to bring the players in. One COVID case - and the team may be shut out for a while.

Surely no one will be on site for a significant period before the players and staff come in to avoid that very problem. I can't see us getting in there for the full pre-season, and for continuity we might have to train at Belvoir again for pre-season. 

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surely no one will be on site for a significant period before the players and staff come in to avoid that very problem. I can't see us getting in there for the full pre-season, and for continuity we might have to train at Belvoir again for pre-season. 

Can't they just sanitise it like they do holiday lets. There's lots of high tech sanitising equipment around now used in airports etc.

14 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I know that...just saying, if that's three weeks ago it's not going to be ready is it? 

Maybe, maybe not. Imagine they would complete 99% and finish the odd bits thst have been delayed as they go along. Sure they have some sort of plan in place. 

59 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

The groundworks are always a lot quicker than expected. Now that we are having some good weather, they should motor along. I'm sure we will then have snagging items for a while, but that won't stop us using the facility. Looks incredible 

One company I used to work for moved into a brand new building, it had 15000 items on the snagging list, contractors were on site for a year after it was handed over! Like you say the building will still open despite somethings not being finished

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Can't use it anyway until the killer junction is sorted out. 

Judging by this the club seem confident of using it for preseason, so I doubt fixing the junction is critical before they can use it. That'll follow shortly after, I imagine.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brief-pause--leicester-city-4380934

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

This is what I hope separates us from the rest of the clubs outside the ‘top 6’. 

A state of the art facility like our new training ground is exclusive to few teams in Europe. If we can use it to improve the pull of the academy as well we could be a very self sufficient club and not have to pay massive transfers to compete. 

Is this really the case? 
It’s visually impressive no doubt. But is it really like up there? 

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Can't use it anyway until the killer junction is sorted out. 

The unfortunate and ridiculous situation to this is that the changes don't sort out the killer junction, they just make it more accessible for coaches and acceptable to a larger volume of traffic. 

An absolute opportunity missed to improve or close off the junction as part of the planning permission.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1