Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

I'd be intrigued to see the council's plans for the junction.

As someone who doesn't live a million miles away from the new training ground, there have been dozens of accidents and a lot of fatalities in that junction.

Crossing right onto the A46 heading towards Nottingham is treacherous and literally impassable during peak times. Infact even during the middle of the day you have to wait a fair time. There were talks of a fly-over at some point being made however this would have been too costly. Theres too many people who take risks at the junction and it definitely needs to be sorted.

I drove past the training ground the other day, and honestly from what you can see it looks incredible. The main building looks fantastic and being honest the speed in which the site has been transformed is pretty impressive, even if people are frustrated about when it opens. It wasn't long ago that the members of the golf club were told to practically do-one, as their memberships were cancelled. So to see it go up is pretty impressive. Theres a fair bit of building happening in that area of the county too, with more housing going up in the Seagrave side of Sileby. 

basically they are lengthening the central queuing point.

As for the fly over. That was meant to go in before the golf course was allowed to open years ago. They then deemed it too expensive.

In fairness to the club. This is highways englands decision and has no reflection on the club.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Originally I was told they had been specifically done for 2 current players. Was lead to believe it was kasper to reduce his travelling and fuchs presumably for similar reasons that he could be based there when not in the states. But never managed to get it confirmed. But they have definitely now been removed 

Could be they are happy with just standard which isn’t too dissimilar anyway to the others? Can’t imagine they’d want to live on the training site? 

Moving in part way through a season isn't going to be ideal, I'd have thought. Especially during the winter with all the disruption that goes with it. Looks like it will be a staged move and operating out of both places simultaneously. 

Two training grounds at once. What a time to be alive. 

1 hour ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

From what I’ve seen, Vardy is in Ibiza and Perez is in Tenerife, no way are these going to quarantine for 14 days on arrival back in the UK. 

No way aren’t they ......players will be in the sights of the media, especially those like vardy .....I believe that there was some talk of quarantine being reduced to ten days if you had a couple of neg tests ......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Moving in part way through a season isn't going to be ideal, I'd have thought. Especially during the winter with all the disruption that goes with it. Looks like it will be a staged move and operating out of both places simultaneously. 

Two training grounds at once. What a time to be alive. 

Probably a case of moving squads over at a time to get the place running. Sad that it isnt ready for pre season, but it's hardly been a normal year.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No way aren’t they ......players will be in the sights of the media, especially those like vardy .....I believe that there was some talk of quarantine being reduced to ten days if you had a couple of neg tests ......

Can see them getting around it by quarantining them as a squad for pre-season

3 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

From what I’ve seen, Vardy is in Ibiza and Perez is in Tenerife, no way are these going to quarantine for 14 days on arrival back in the UK. 

Senior government figures have agreed sports stars will not be subject to the full rule.

They will instead be expected to undergo a rigorous testing regime and isolate themselves immediately if they test positive for the virus so as not to become spreaders.

Would be possible to finish the UCL and UEL without them being able to travel.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/selected-sporting-events-tv-and-film-exempt-from-quarantine

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Probably a case of moving squads over at a time to get the place running. Sad that it isnt ready for pre season, but it's hardly been a normal year.

Can see them getting around it by quarantining them as a squad for pre-season

Possibility of moving the young academy age groups first? Are we keeping the bell or drive one for anything? The Thais academy maybe? 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Possibility of moving the young academy age groups first? Are we keeping the bell or drive one for anything? The Thais academy maybe? 

Not sure if it’s true but I heard the Women’s team were moving into Belvoir Drive 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Think they are keeping it . There was a job going for a Head grounds keeper based there the other week and it was a permanent position .

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Apparently the 2 players suites have now been replaced with hospitality facilities.

So Top is the only one with a suite now. All players will now get the same level of room. Still love to know who the posher suites were meant to be for and why they have now been replaced with essentially posh meeting rooms.

16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Perhaps high ranking guests of Top? He rubs shoulders with dignatories, Vichai was mates with our Royal Family. 

9 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

to be used for new signings when they arrive? 

possibly new signings/ loan players until they get their own digs?

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

possibly new signings/ loan players until they get their own digs?

Somebody mentioned there was an issue with one of them being named the Tom Hopper Suite?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mad biker said:

Personally I don`t think the main building will be ready before christmas, I go in pretty much every day and it`s miles away, the product I deliver would give the impression that it`s getting close but I`ve had a damn good snoop round and it certainly is not, the green stuff outside is looking good and I followed a lorry in with all the goalposts a while ago, the dug outs are in place.

are we stockpiling pasta ?

on a serious note, can’t believe that the working restrictions due to the pandemic have caused such a delay but it’s a real shame the boys can’t be there in the summer and early autumn whilst the weather is good ..... moving in when it’s dull, miserable and cold won’t seem the same !   McLaren must be concerned about their losses due to late delivery and I suspect a legal wrangle over the pandemic on that ....

9 hours ago, mad biker said:

Personally I don`t think the main building will be ready before christmas, I go in pretty much every day and it`s miles away, the product I deliver would give the impression that it`s getting close but I`ve had a damn good snoop round and it certainly is not, the green stuff outside is looking good and I followed a lorry in with all the goalposts a while ago, the dug outs are in place.

Tbf current Covid rules stop them using the changing rooms etc. I suppose it’s the treatment rooms and the gym which are the vital piece of the puzzle