Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

What exactly is a state of the art training ground anyway? 8 pitches instead of 6? better quality treadmills? brass fittings?

i jest of course, but in all seriousness i would like to know what is it that will set it apart from the rest...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Xen said:

Judging by this the club seem confident of using it for preseason, so I doubt fixing the junction is critical before they can use it. That'll follow shortly after, I imagine.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brief-pause--leicester-city-4380934

Under the permission granted legally they can't use it before the junction works are carried out. 

Will have to go back to the council if they wish too and there's little chance it gets over turned.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Under the permission granted legally they can't use it before the junction works are carried out. 

Will have to go back to the council if they wish too and there's little chance it gets over turned.

Can they undertake not to use the junction for anyone gaining access to the site as a compromise  ????

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can they undertake not to use the junction for anyone gaining access to the site as a compromise  ????

they probably could. But how do you enforce it. Without closing that junction altogether for the mean time. Don't see that being too popular either for residents of thrussington especially 

Have they done anything with the entrance gates outside? Hoping for some sort of impressive features for reporters backdrop on transfer deadline day or when a manager is sacked as the paps chase after the car with blacked-out windows. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Have they done anything with the entrance gates outside? Hoping for some sort of impressive features for reporters backdrop on transfer deadline day or when a manager is sacked as the paps chase after the car with blacked-out windows. 

Can imagine the road being clogged up with parked vehicles as there doesn't seem to be anywhere they can park safely unless they put any gates further up the entrance road.

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Haven't we already submitted a planning application amendment for it on the grounds COVID has prevented Highways Agency completing the work? Sure someone posted a link to it a while ago. 

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Haven't we already submitted a planning application amendment for it on the grounds COVID has prevented Highways Agency completing the work? Sure someone posted a link to it a while ago. 

•  

Screenshot_20200530-140544_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200530-135642_Drive.jpg

Edited 

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

That's a letter dated 2018, this was a temporary amendment application in May or June 2020 regarding delay due to COVID.

Its a definitive email from highways England. Read the detail and you'll understand why a basic application should suffice. 

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Incoming "My mate is the signfitter"  thread which will descend into the pits of hell as one of the signs falls on our record signing leaving them out for the season.

This would be classic FoxesTalk.

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

That's a letter dated 2018, this was a temporary amendment application in May or June 2020 regarding delay due to COVID.

It's also fro. Highways England saying there stance on it won't change even then. So no way are they gonna change there minds on opening it fully without the works anytime soon.

Plus with the club having done everything to actually build a relationship with local residents during the process it will be a huge PR own goal at this stage.

1 hour ago, thesilverfox said:

It’s weeks away yet! Still loads to do there!!

6329E100-CC4D-4EFB-A07C-611071EF0E5D.jpeg

A900F419-DFB4-470B-8F32-CC4C1BC6BB40.jpeg

567D9E5F-1AFF-41BF-964E-170A120416E9.jpeg

already 6 weeks behind and apparently the fines are 100k a week for late completion so at rhis rate we will have saved a few million lol

21 hours ago, davieG said:

Can imagine the road being clogged up with parked vehicles as there doesn't seem to be anywhere they can park safely unless they put any gates further up the entrance road.

that was never meant to be the entrance. The original plans submitted had them using a new entrance. But it turns out it was held as a ransom strip by the parish council and they demanded 5 million for it. To rich even for our owners it seems.

On 31/07/2020 at 21:56, SemperEadem said:

Is this really the case? 
It’s visually impressive no doubt. But is it really like up there? 

I was saying earlier in the thread that I have a friend working on the development (project coordination type work) who also worked on the Ethiad campus. His opinion is that our new training facilities will be just as impressive. 

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Someone form the groundstaff team tweeted a photo of the pitches at belvoir drive saying ‘back to work a couple days ago .....maybe pre season will start there ???

Bit shambolic really. 

I know a lot of this was unforseen, but they barely stopped work on it and it's, what, already 2 months behind and looking nowhere near ready?

If those pics are recent there is a bit left to completion.Never mind a few signs.

I hope there is a clause saying if its not finished by end of September then they have to dismantle everything and put the golf course back for myself and frank

• Haha 1

How recent are those photo's? Could be that only outside works need to be completed (Road surfaces, car parks, footpaths and landscaping etc) and a big tidy up. 

If it's something more then I can't imagine they'll want players trading on a building site. 

Happily pay £10 to be able to have a look around eventually!

17 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d love to have a tour round it anyone think they'll do this? Missing a trick if they don’t really I bet loads would like to.

17 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d love to have a tour round it anyone think they'll do this? Missing a trick if they don’t really I bet loads would like to.