Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

On 09/07/2020 at 14:45, StriderHiryu said:

Yep totally agree, if we keep with old school coaches we won't reap the benefit. I wonder if we will make a big appointment to be head of the academy or training centre? I feel like that is a necessary appointment for a place like this, although maybe there will be some early overlap with Rodgers / Rudkin / existing coaches. Rudkin is our DOF and at some clubs that person might be the one to mandate a style of play across age levels even if they don't execute on it themselves. 

We really need to but I bet we don't, I was hoping for all Rodgers methods and demands that he would be given more licence to bring in coaches through the age groups to fine tune the conveyor belt of style and identity. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Curtins have submitted data supporting the change of condition 6, which would allow us to move in before work on that junction is completed, on the basis that there would be much less traffic than during construction. Locals are still (rightly imo) contesting that, some getting quite agitated at the council's lack of action on the junction since 1991. FoxesTalk even gets a mention in one letter, with posts in support of changing the junction.

https://pap.charnwood.gov.uk/aniteim.websearch/(S(u3nqjhifijpc2x45zdczpk55))/Results.aspx

They really should just close the ****ing thing off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I've heard 3 and half weeks break

So 3 and a half weeks to get the curtains up and sort out the killer junction. Or Pickfords will be moving us back to Belvoir Drive. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s two half weeks before the season begins. I would have thought more like two and a half weeks break would be about right. 

They will probably do a training camp in Austria before they go back to seagrave 

Edited by goose2010

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They will probably do a training camp in Austria before they go back to seagrave 

Given the covid situation, I doubt we will see any training camps abroad this pre season .....

I think the boys will be so excited to get started at the new facility they won’t miss a trip to Austria ......

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s two half weeks before the season begins. I would have thought more like two and a half weeks break would be about right. 

Dunno; I doubt they'll lose much fitness in that time, but maybe you're right.

How are the clubs with ongoing European commitments coping? Will the Wolves lot, for example, get any time off?

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given the covid situation, I doubt we will see any training camps abroad this pre season .....

I think the boys will be so excited to get started at the new facility they won’t miss a trip to Austria ......

Not sure to be fair, private planes and clubs swear by the altitude training. But could 100% see every reason not to go this year. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Not sure to be fair, private planes and clubs swear by the altitude training. But could 100% see every reason not to go this year. 

With the size of the club now, I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see them have the Austria camp as normal, renting the place for a month to sanitize the whole place. Look at the cricket for instance, West Indies travelled over in a "biosecure bubble", we could do a similar thing. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

With the size of the club now, I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see them have the Austria camp as normal, renting the place for a month to sanitize the whole place. Look at the cricket for instance, West Indies travelled over in a "biosecure bubble", we could do a similar thing. 

I still predict  that  training camps on the continent will not happen - spending extra money is not high up on clubs lists at the moment .....

given the news re Spain this evening, I suspect my inkling will be borne out. 

Edited by st albans fox

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Problem is the PFA agreed years ago with the premier League/EFL that players must have a minimum of 21 days break between the end the season and the start of pre season, never been a problem before but I guess we will see

9 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Problem is the PFA agreed years ago with the premier League/EFL that players must have a minimum of 21 days break between the end the season and the start of pre season, never been a problem before but I guess we will see

That’s true but circumstances are different this year and players will likely put their professional heads on when making the decision. I am sure that our players will want to start the season in the best shape possible and seagrave being ready could be an advantage in them agreeing to come in with less than 21 days rest. 

if any of our clubs are in the european finals then there isn’t 21 days from them to the start of 20/21 ???  the PFA will not impose their agreements in this instance and leave it up to individual players.  If clubs insist that players return less than 21 days then I can’t see any big ructions occurring ....