Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

What pisses me off the most about this all, is that against Brighton we were crying out for a half time substitute, so what does he do, make the first one in the 69th minute, effectively killing our chances of getting a goal, the three subs had 20 minutes to try and make a difference. Compare that to yesterday, dominating the game and he makes a half time sub, again, effectively killing our chances of getting a goal. It really is baffling, I have no idea what he sees that the rest of us don't.

• Like 3

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

What pisses me off the most about this all, is that against Brighton we were crying out for a half time substitute, so what does he do, make the first one in the 69th minute, effectively killing our chances of getting a goal, the three subs had 20 minutes to try and make a difference. Compare that to yesterday, dominating the game and he makes a half time sub, again, effectively killing our chances of getting a goal. It really is baffling, I have no idea what he sees that the rest of us don't.

Same for me. We had Bournemouth by the short and curlies in the first half, and he made a change that totally changed our dynamic and shape. Yet when we need a change, we wait until there's no time left.

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I didn't sleep to well last night, but after the storm has calmed down a bit, I'm a bit more rational! Yes Rodgers made a mistake, so did Kasper, but this is life and we all make them.  A lot of people, myself included overeact at first to a loss like this, then we try to find reasons why it happened which then leads to a scapegoat:- Kasper/Rodgers et al. There are too many pitchforks and bonfires at the first sign of a setback!  Rodgers needs to be given time to rectify our weakness, which to me is more of mental than ability issue!  If he doesn't do this, then he will be under pressure and then fans will be right to call for his sacking. 

..I really believe that it is Rodgers' actions which causes the players lack of belief!!!

He constantly undermines the team by the formation that he uses negating any positivity within the squad.

The constant use of Maddison out wide in the big games were negative actions which was telling to the team that we could not play to our potential but play in a way not to lose.

We play so much better on the front foot but Rodgers' always seem to want to cover himself and his first instinct in pressure games is try not to lose.

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Unfortunately, Rodgers has been terrible since the powers that be decided to improve his contract. Is it possible that he's angling for a megga pay day by getting the sack? I don't like him and never have, but nothings going to work by sacking a manager every season or so. Dreading to see what the close season brings us in terms of players leaving and new wreckruits with Lee effin Congerton leading the Hunt

Pretty sure he would have taken the Arsenal job if offered. They must be thinking they dodged a bullet at the moment. His tardiness in commiting his future to us was damaging . I am worried our excellent team will stop playing for him.

Rodgers has been poor since he signed his new contract. We are 14th in the league on current points since. Rodgers is massively overrated. 

I don't mind losing as supporting Leicester for 30+ years we will see quite a few defeats. However the manor of the defeat and performance is what matters. Pearson got the best out of Dean Hammond, GTF, Konchesky, on paper we have better players yet they have played so poor since new year. 

Pochettino is still available, would anyone take him as a new manager ? He did very well at Spurs for 5 years with a core of young players. 

I don’t think he should be sacked but this does have similarities to the Peter Taylor and Claude Puel eras, when we lived to regret not making a change at the end of season.

This isn’t just a blip or a bad run. It will be 29 matches (in all competitions) if we carry on like this for the final 3. That includes a transfer window and a 3 month break.

29 matches of bottom half/relegation form. 29 matches of losing to dross like Bournemouth, Villa, Norwich, Everton and not forgetting Burnley and Southampton who were in poor form at the time.

I guess it all depends on whether the squad is still behind him. If they are and if we can make some decent signings then Rodgers has the ability to put this right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

This isn’t just a blip or a bad run. It will be 29 matches (in all competitions) if we carry on like this for the final 3. That includes a transfer window and a 3 month break.

29 matches of bottom half/relegation form. 29 matches of losing to dross like Bournemouth, Villa, Norwich, Everton and not forgetting Burnley and Southampton who were in poor form at the time.

Is that really how long it's been, 26 matches so far? That's absolutely appalling.

The worst thing is, I can't see him turning it round, and we definitely can't afford to pay him off. We really are up shit creek, we'll have to stick with him for another couple of seasons even if we want to get rid.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Pretty sure he would have taken the Arsenal job if offered. They must be thinking they dodged a bullet at the moment. His tardiness in commiting his future to us was damaging . I am worried our excellent team will stop playing for him.

I dunno, they only have 8 more points than us since Arteta signed, and that includes their new manager bounce, and also includes our entire meltdown period.

He's not exactly lit the league alight.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is that really how long it's been, 26 matches so far? That's absolutely appalling.

The worst thing is, I can't see him turning it round, and we definitely can't afford to pay him off. We really are up shit creek, we'll have to stick with him for another couple of seasons even if we want to get rid.

It will 22 league matches since we beat Villa away, assuming this run continues until the end of the season. Over half a league season.

10 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Unfortunately, Rodgers has been terrible since the powers that be decided to improve his contract. Is it possible that he's angling for a megga pay day by getting the sack? I don't like him and never have, but nothings going to work by sacking a manager every season or so. Dreading to see what the close season brings us in terms of players leaving and new wreckruits with Lee effin Congerton leading the Hunt

..every time I watch him being interviewed I do not trust a single thing he says!!!

He repeatedly avoids eye contact, he is halting in his conversations carefully trying to find the right words, as if he doesn't believe in what he is saying, his eyes darting around hoping to see if people are buying into it.

Seriously if he was a used car salesman then I would recommend you look somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Rodgers has been poor since he signed his new contract. We are 14th in the league on current points since. Rodgers is massively overrated. 

I don't mind losing as supporting Leicester for 30+ years we will see quite a few defeats. However the manor of the defeat and performance is what matters. Pearson got the best out of Dean Hammond, GTF, Konchesky, on paper we have better players yet they have played so poor since new year. 

Pochettino is still available, would anyone take him as a new manager ? He did very well at Spurs for 5 years with a core of young players. 

Yeah I looked at the table since game week 17 I think and we're 14th in the table. 

We finished 14th under Pearson with Konchesky at left back and Dean Hammond in centre midfield.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I dunno, they only have 8 more points than us since Arteta signed, and that includes their new manager bounce, and also includes our entire meltdown period.

He's not exactly lit the league alight.

They knew his inexperience but also like Lampard they knew his playing record would always command respect from the players and decided that was the way forward for them . They are ex players held in the highest regard by the club.

I'm not in the out camp just yet because I know he's proven himself a good manager elsewhere, but he is worrying me, and I'll be honest, has been for most of the season.

Early on he persisted to be ultra negative and playing Maddison on the left, when it was clear it didn't work. We were lucky to get a point at home against Wolves on opening day, we only got a point at Chelsea when he changed it at half time. Once we hit some form when he moved him into the middle with wins at Sheff Utd and an arguably fortunate win v Spurs, he went back to doing it away at an at the time poor Man Utd. Burnley at home we were comfortable until he brought Wes on pretty early and invited pressure. If not for a very questionable VAR call we'd have drew. There's been continuous baffling tactical decisions and substitutions (or lack of) which have probably been masked by the equally baffling VAR calls we've been on the end of. One i didn't get yesterday was after watching Soyuncu struggle on the left of a three against Arsenal, why did we drop Bennett, yet still play him there because JJ moved into the back three and Fuchs played wing back? He's 34 for gods sake, his wing back days are over. Surely the obvious answer was putting Fuchs in the back 3 and playing JJ as the left wing back?

Another thing, I like Perez, but I'm not 100% sure Rodgers knows why he bought him. I mean he's a good player in the position he started yesterday, but we've mostly used him on the wing, where he's much less effective. If that was the plan all along, why Perez? Surely there were better wingers out there for a similar price?

Also, we seem to play ourselves into trouble a lot, and its so often, I'm sure its Rodgers instructions. A lot of passes seem to be just above head height, or just away from the receiving player, meaning they have to win a flick on, or stretch a boot to ball, and we lose it. It starts with Schmeichel at the back with his balls out to the full backs, which the full back has to run back towards his own goal to get. If they are to feet they are immediately under pressure from the winger, or they are head height and they have to win a header, which are very difficult to find a teammate with. Why not just pass it to your nearest free player, or launch it? Why on earth would you want to play a ball to a teammate that close to goal that puts them under pressure?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

...the rumors are that he was not well liked by the players!!!

Training was an issue and apparently it was beast mode.

Any job he takes on he will come up against the same problem, any initial success would be tempered by the players willingness to buy into this mode of training.

Although he took Spurs to the top 4 and CL final he has no medals to show after all his time there, therefore the players no longer bought into his regime.

43 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I didn't sleep to well last night, but after the storm has calmed down a bit, I'm a bit more rational! Yes Rodgers made a mistake, so did Kasper, but this is life and we all make them.  A lot of people, myself included overeact at first to a loss like this, then we try to find reasons why it happened which then leads to a scapegoat:- Kasper/Rodgers et al. There are too many pitchforks and bonfires at the first sign of a setback!  Rodgers needs to be given time to rectify our weakness, which to me is more of mental than ability issue!  If he doesn't do this, then he will be under pressure and then fans will be right to call for his sacking. 

We have been poor since Xmas and take this into next season we are looking to be relegation candidates.

32 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

So the owners?

I'm gonna reserve judgement until the end of the season - depending on how the team responds and more importantly his tinkering.

When he had a good thing going pre xmas he needed to do a Ranieri and keep it going at all costs. Thats it - just one job to do.

Anyway, you lot in the UK are lucky you've had a chance to sleep on this fiasco where as us on the west coast of America are only

just turning out the lights. I hope and pray Rogers is not a fraud - really did not like his excuses today. Every analyst, sports commentator,

fan etc has agreed that there was nothing wrong with Nachos and nothing needed to change other than improve the finishing so we can

2 or 3 more goals to kill the game off, ie crank up the intensity. Bournemouth had to make the all attacking change as they had to go for broke.

What was Rogers thinking? He's looked like a right plonker now and yes its the players that made the mistake but he was the catalyst!

Now we have to face a fighting fit and emboldened Sheffield Utd. Are we ready? Hell no!   :mad:

Guest An Sionnach

The players should ignore his instructions if they think they are crap , at least Ranieri in the title winning season let them play the way they wanted to . The idiot and I mean effing stupid playing out from the back drives me crazy , time and time again we look like losing possession.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The players should ignore his instructions if they think they are crap , at least Ranieri in the title winning season let them play the way they wanted to . The idiot and I mean effing stupid playing out from the back drives me crazy , time and time again we look like losing possession.

No way, the last thing we need is a bust up between the manager and players.

26 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I understand what you mean, but I think it misses the point a little. The loss of form has been catastrophic, and we don't even look like the same team, confidence-wise. It's the manager's job to address that. We've had since Christmas and that's not happened. My big question is: why not?

Sometimes it’s not just the manager it’s the makeup of the squad, or confidence or a combination.

Pearson had some ridiculously bad runs of form, but we got where we wanted to be in the end. That’s what ultimately matters.

Am I worried, yes. Is it also way too early to be even remotely considering removing someone from their job, yes.

Personally I’m not sure he trusts Soyuncu 100%. From day one we’ve always seemed to try and offer more protection to our defence than wouldn’t normally be needed. 

• Like 4

There is Not a manager out there,for Teams with Aspiration,on a moderate budget....

No Club like Leicester has broken through that PL Big boys club....Blackburn had the high Budget finances...I

Wolves,Watford have a better Player  Business Packet than some...

Leicester manager would be failing that extra squad Top  quality,that Top 6 clubs consistently automatically have

We have Jumped into Top 7 level,because our top 12 players,are higher quality than the "others"

That Next Step and gap is massive..!! Alot wider than some of our fans even understand.....

But last night, everybody was poor....

• Like 1