Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:

I've been hoping I might wake up from this horrible nightmare but finally had to accept I've been awake all along. How did our team contrive to throw away a Champions League spot that was so close you could almost taste it in just 20 minutes of football madness? That capitulation will go down in the annals of sporting infamy. Recalling the words of the immortal Bard - 'If that second half performance had been played upon a stage it would be condemned as an improbable fiction'. The inquests and finger pointing will go for some time and our anger as powerless fans watching that debacle on tv screens around the world will eventually subside but, as a club, where do we go from here? Let's do ourselves a favour and forget about the Champions League and look ahead to next season and beyond. Someone pointed out that this could be a Wycombe or a Watford moment. Without doubt it is a watershed moment in our club's history and we all hope it will be the latter. The huge decisions Top will now have to make over the 'summer' will be key. Given the track record of our owners I am confident he will not shy away from making the tough decisions that will enable us to rise from the wreckage of a season that promised so much. One final positive note we can take to our beds - come on Jamie, win that Golden Boot!    

Well said sir! :chant:

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Realistically, if Rodgers went would there be any massive impact on us ? Not really, we would replace him with someone else on par and basically stick to where we are to finish this season, between 7-8th. The next guy will come in and in 18 months we will want to push on will hit the ceiling again. It will continue that way till we have a season of bad recruitment which happens from time to time. There is no loss in Rodgers staying or going. Very rarely do you get an inspirational manager who takes a club to absolute next level. 

Unfortunately he's on a huge contract and has 5 years left on it, it'll cost us millions to get rid of him (if we wanted to).

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Doesn't today fall under gross misconduct? 

At this moment in time I'm hoping there's some sort of clause which means we can let him go if we wanted to, I doubt it though. I'm sure I read he's on about 200k a week, that's probably bullshit, but if he came from Celtic to here, then signed a new contract, he's gotta be on 120k + a week surely? He signed a 5 and a half year deal too. Sacking him is gonna cost us mega mega money.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Players losing their way after a year of a new manager....

Sure it's not the players?

The first time that story surfaced was in early 2017. I thought to myself, if a manager did believe that these players were betraying him - even Ranieri - then, given what they've achieved for us, I'd want to hear both sides of the story first.

But then Ranieri discredited the story. And in the case of Shakespeare's departure there was no doubt that the players backed their manager. So I assumed people would understand that this was just a case of the press building up a fairy-tale, and then trying to cap it all off with a good old Disney villain. Like they always do. Besides, we didn't seem to change managers more often than most of our rivals.

Plus you could easily identify the errors which cost those managers their jobs, without the need for traitors lurking in the shadows. Ranieri signed poorly, failed to replace key players, and played systems which he'd never trained for. Shakespeare wasn't actually a manager. Puel played a negative, pedestrian style and his reign fell apart in the same way it did at his previous club.

I remember the rumours about who the main culprits were. In addition to a smattering of those still with us, I could also point you in the direction of threads that claimed it was Simpson, Huth, Mahrez, King, Slimani, Silva (okay,  officially still with us), Iborra, Drinkwater, Ulloa or Schlupp who was posing a problem behind the scenes.

In Puel's case, people suspected Vardy and Schmeichel of betraying him, and yet both were among his best performers. Puel was rumoured to be on his way before both the Arsenal game in May 2018 and the Chelsea game in December that year - and Vardy scored in both of those wins. In the end,  the performances of Maddison, Mendy, Ghezzal and Gray had more to do with Puel's exit than those of the 'Old Guard'.

As for Rodgers, would you seriously single out Vardy or Schmeichel as our biggest problems since December? Would you doubt the application, even if you questioned the quality, of the likes of Albrighton and Morgan? Do you consider these guys to be our biggest headaches right now in terms of performance? Or do you look at the very obvious errors made by the manager, and the considerable number of sub-standard performances put in by the squad as a whole (with Rodgers' own signings also under-performing, arguably to an even greater extent than the rest)?

I just don't see the need to keep resurrecting this abandoned finale to the Leicester City fairy-tale. Especially when we know it's a load of horse****.

32 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Realistically, if Rodgers went would there be any massive impact on us ?

Paying him and his staff off months after signing lucrative contract extensions would cost a fortune. 

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Reading through this thread, I've come up with some conclusions:

Some of you don't know what "realistic" means

None of you can spell Pochettino for some reason

All your potential replacements that are realistic are uninspiring

autocorrect mate, don't get excited.

• Sad 1

Kinda disappointing and talk about killing motivation from him after the game is really sad. We may not be a huge team or what ever but to openly say we ain't good enough for CL football just shows his ambition for the club even if we ain't good enough as a player at the club who are good enough i would be gone and as a player looking to come in I wouldn't even knock on the door. Lost a lot of respect today. Not a out just lost respect for him

Edited by TeamRocket
  • Like 1

He won't get sacked this summer as top 6 was the official aim. We'll limp into the EL, it will wreck havoc with our league form, and he'll be gone midway through next season. Yet another sacking chalked down to "losing the dressing room", the first sparks of which happened today with the Nacho comments. 

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Reading through this thread, I've come up with some conclusions:

Some of you don't know what "realistic" means

None of you can spell Pochettino for some reason

All your potential replacements that are realistic are uninspiring

And some people think the management team is exempt from the same criticism a player would receive when turning to crap after signing a ridiculously lucrative contract extension without first accomplishing anything for the club. 

At least a club can recoup its losses or even profit off the sale of a player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Kinda disappointing and talk about killing motivation from him after the game is really sad. We may not be a huge team or what ever but to openly say we ain't good enough for CL football just shows his ambition for the club even if we ain't good enough as a player at the club who are good enough i would be gone and as a player looking to come in I wouldn't even knock on the door. Lost a lot of respect today. Not a out just lost respect for him

He is true though.

This squad is not good enough.

Individual players might be but it's a squad that gets you over the line. We are not good enough as a squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He is true though.

This squad is not good enough.

Individual players might be but it's a squad that gets you over the line. We are not good enough as a squad.

We had a chance to improve the squad in January...I wonder who walked away with all the money?

• Haha 1