Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

What problems buddy ?

my team are 4th in the worlds toughest top flight league with 3 games to play ! 

where are your team ??? 

odds on to still play in Europe 

I don’t see many problems mate 

we are still flying high ! The team is on holidays 

this issue existed long before Rodgers ! 

We are 4th (for now) and if you just look at the result, it's indeed quite a feat. On the surface. Now if you look at the broader picture and see how after flying in the first half of the season the wheels fell off and we can't seem to stop the fall, you'd reasonably be a bit worried.

If we had a mix of good results followed by a short spell of bad performances, you could say that it's due to the fact that the team's young, inconsistency is to be expected, etc. However form wise we brutally went from title contenders to relegation fodder. I know injuries didn't help, the squad is barebones, but that can't explain the nightmare that has been the second half of the season. The win against Palace was a false dawn and the team still regularly implodes when challenged. IMO the "we're fourth, Europe, yadda yadda" is starting to wear thin and should we miss the CL which is now practically a given, it will have long lasting consequences on the team and its morale.

I'm not calling for his head right now. However if he can't turn things around, I can see him gone by Christmas.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm as livid and disappointed as anyone about this and most of our (under)performances this year but think we should wait till the end of the season with the Rodgers evaluation... Obviously we've been mostly shit since around December/January (I can't wrap my head around it, where's this rot coming from, specifically) but there's still three games to play, let's see when we finally land in the table. Massively disappointed with what BR is (not) showing in recent weeks though and the players' attitude for the game which brings the worst memories of Puel.

I'd give my left nut for the old school, experienced midfield general type of player, who would keep the shit afloat and react to the game as it unfolds, giving the necessary bolocking to some of the players when they need it. Apparently Brodge can't/won't do that as a manager for some reason.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's not the senior players this time, Vardy and Schmeichel (before tonight) were keeping us in the top four since the restart. Morgan isn't playing, Albrighton just gets on with his usual job.

There does seem to be a real lack of fight when things get tough for this team, or maybe they get bored after a while?

I agree on Vardy and Kasper. I think the only one Vardy had issues with was Puel but he still scored so he can't be questioned. 

Something stinks though. I don't really want a new manager every 18 months. It's a horrible cycle especially when the replacements are always done mid season. 

New managers every two years can work when it's full seasons but these constant mid year appointments is such an uneasy way of continuously doing things.

1) Our league position is irrelevant as it paints a false picture of the reality - bin

2) We won't be in this position come the end of the season - bin

3) His tactics of late and his substitutions have been questionable to put politely - bin

4) He's clearly unable to motivate his team - even with the biggest carrot of all - the champions league - bin

5) His post match interviews are far too positive are far to predicable - bin

6) If he wasn't the mighty "Brendan Rodgers" a lot more questions would be asked of him than they currently are - bin

However

7) We're missing a number of key players - keep

8) Is he the problem or is it our squad (MA, RB, CF, AP, KI) are they simply not good enough?? Our squad has been relatively unchanged for a number of years and previous managers have had similar struggles

Then again

9) With his transfer strategy appearing to be opposite to that of the one which has brought us success and geared more towards bringing in expereicned pros (AP, RB, AL??) do we really trust him and his mate to lead our transfer charge this window? No - bin!

It looks like there's more reasons to bin him off then to keep him. But of we do, the squad needs addressing as any future manager will face similar issues

Just now, Corky said:

There does seem to be a real lack of fight when things get tough for this team, or maybe they get bored after a while?

This is it, just a real malaise that sets in. Maybe fans of all mid-table teams in the PL feel the same way. 

lets be honest, if we was under Puel and was in the run of form and performances we've been having recently under BR(not played great since the new year imo, the odd good game here and there, and performances too)

more people would certainly be be calling for him to go or questioning him

i think we are more than in the right to question BR after it all of later and today game more so, with the idiotic tactical decision at HT

and bad start to next season he'll be gone

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Everyone keeps saying “we are in Europe still, who else would you get etc.” Everyone knows football is about momentum. This will continue into next season. 

Yep and I dont particularly want us in Europe given the current state we are in. If we did miraculously make champs league I'd hope we might attract a few top players to improve our squad but we probably wouldn't and would be trying to play in Europe as well as fighting in the league and still watching the same players we have now, struggle even more. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be relegated next year if we a. Dont massively improve the squad and b. Rodgers gets a plan b and actually learns how and when to use substitutes. 

• Haha 1

Unbelievably it's still in our hands. Hopefully, we will see over the next few weeks Brendan's experience shine through. 

I am definitely against sacking him, and am hopeful he is learning about where we need strengthening in our squad. It certainly seems we need another leader in the team, because we seem to go into major periods of panic (Arsenal after they scored, Everton after they scored, today after the penalty). If we can control that over the next few games we might just squeak it. 🤞

Otherwise we need to look for some players who could bring us that over the summer as we undoubtedly have a very talented team. Start Wes against Sheff Utd might not be a bad shout at all.

A top 6 finish under normal circumstances would be reagrded as magnificent but to blow a Champions League spot after being ahead by 14 points is probably going to be our most high profile embarrasment. I'd prefer to be Wolves or Sheffield United trying to sneak up a place or two at this moment in time.

1-0 up against a club that could struggle in the championship next season and to implode so spectacularly. The consequences of tonight could be far reaching.

Edited by Blue ROI

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

So would you have backed Puel to do as well as Rodgers has this season?

Tbf Puels problem was a lack of an attacking midfielder to bridge the gap to Vardy, he bought in Youri before he got sacked, that’s when our fortunes started to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Realistically, if Rodgers went would there be any massive impact on us ? Not really, we would replace him with someone else on par and basically stick to where we are to finish this season, between 7-8th. The next guy will come in and in 18 months we will want to push on will hit the ceiling again. It will continue that way till we have a season of bad recruitment which happens from time to time. There is no loss in Rodgers staying or going. Very rarely do you get an inspirational manager who takes a club to absolute next level. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Realistically, if Rodgers went would there be any massive impact on us ? Not really, we would replace him with someone else on par and basically stick to where we are to finish this season, between 7-8th. The next guy will come in and in 18 months we will want to push on will hit the ceiling again. It will continue that way till we have a season of bad recruitment which happens from time to time. There is no loss in Rodgers staying or going. Very rarely do you get an inspirational manager who takes a club to absolute next level. 

I have a feeling if we get Pochettino he would take us to the absolutely next level! He's a world class manager!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfcforever16 said:

I have a feeling if we get Pochettino he would take us to the absolutely next level! He's a world class manager!

Haha. There is no chance in hell this club attracts someone of that level. Come on. If we get rid of Rodgers, it will be someone of similar or lower level. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Haha. There is no chance in hell this club attracts someone of that level. Come on. If we get rid of Rodgers, it will be someone of similar or lower level. 

Hmm but you never know, if Top opens up the chest drawers and allows Poch to invest heavily in players he wants he could be tempted!

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

So would you have backed Puel to do as well as Rodgers has this season?

Puel did a job but had to go though I do think personally that he's tactically better than Rodgers. Puel has after all achieved, Rodgers hasn't.  Puel was seemingly though a  poor man manager but his stance, like NPs, was needed at a particular time. I think the team performed well in the first half of the season despite Rodgers. When he started his previously failed philosophy in ernest, plus bizarre team selections and tactics, it started to go badly wrong.

I've been hoping I might wake up from this horrible nightmare but finally had to accept I've been awake all along. How did our team contrive to throw away a Champions League spot that was so close you could almost taste it in just 20 minutes of football madness? That capitulation will go down in the annals of sporting infamy. Recalling the words of the immortal Bard - 'If that second half performance had been played upon a stage it would be condemned as an improbable fiction'. The inquests and finger pointing will go on for some time and our anger as powerless fans watching that debacle on tv screens around the world will eventually subside but, as a club, where do we go from here? Let's do ourselves a favour and forget about the Champions League and look ahead to next season and beyond. Someone pointed out that this could be a Wycombe or a Watford moment. Without doubt it is a watershed moment in our club's history and we all hope it will be the latter. The huge decisions Top will now have to make over the 'summer' will be key. Given the track record of our owners I am confident he will not shy away from making the tough decisions that will enable us to rise from the wreckage of a season that promised so much. One final positive note we can take to our beds - come on Jamie, win that Golden Boot!    

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Thanks 1