Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

This is the 4th manager in a row where we've started brilliantly and then gone on to to perform poorly. It's not like we ever start poorly, and then get better, we always start on winning runs and then get worse as time goes on.

After tonight I just don't trust Rodgers, tactically nor in the transfer window. I can't believe I'm saying that, but that Iheanacho substitution is one of the worst footballing decisions I've ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Is anyone else missing the fact that if Chags hadnt booted their player in the goal and got sent off we maybe, possibly, have got at least one goal back?   If Kasper hadnt bungled it up for the first goal.....

Not really management errors

No we wouldn't for Christ sake. After that sub, they dominated us for 20 minutes, we were never scoring again, even with 11 men on the pitch. That substitute absolutely killed our game, the best we were getting after it happened was a 1-0 win

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It’s not about replacing him with somebody who will finish higher than this season, it’s about who will finish higher next season - Rodgers or somebody else.

In any event it’s a moot point, it’s £50m+ to sack Rodgers and his team and I can’t imagine anybody on the board is up for throwing away that sort of money as we enter a worldwide recession.

If he goes he should resign. He won't of course because he wouldn't wish to miss out on a huge pay off  but Top doesn't deserve that.

Guest An Sionnach

There is no defence for that stupid decision At All so don't even try , but in the first half we looked pretty good , we are NOT a bad team , but how much of that is due to Rodgers or in spite of him , the jury is out.

A lot of the time the decisions I kind of accept, but standing on the touchline motionless or sitting with that f***ing notebook that isn't even big enough to write anything worthwhile or of any detail on infuriates me. I know you can't judge him on this kind of stuff but all i have wanted since the restart is some fight and some energy and everything about him for me is the opposite of that. I really think it is displayed in the players on the pitch in our tempo and intensity, the passages of play where we move side to side to side to side and even the players body language. 

4 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

A lot of the time the decisions I kind of accept, but standing on the touchline motionless or sitting with that f***ing notebook that isn't even big enough to write anything worthwhile or of any detail on infuriates me. I know you can't judge him on this kind of stuff but all i have wanted since the restart is some fight and some energy and everything about him for me is the opposite of that. I really think it is displayed in the players on the pitch in our tempo and intensity, the passages of play where we move side to side to side to side and even the players body language. 

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by the notebook 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

At heart Brendan is all about Brendan and the defeats against Man City and Liverpool rocked his world. He tried to tighten us up but literally strangled what was making us potent. Player confidence suffered and we are where we are. 

I don’t think she should go. He’s a good manager but needs to grab himself by the balls and unleash the beast - err, so to speak. 

Should the season go the way it looks like going we have a huge problem. We won’t sack him even if we lose the next three but then we end the season terribly, a couple of dodgy results at the start of next season and we could sack him after letting him bring in some players.

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Now I'm as annoyed as anybody about the result tonight and the form this year but let's not completely lose our s***.... 

Too late lol

Although I've simmered down a bit

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Players losing their way after a year of a new manager....

Sure it's not the players?

I thought about this earlier, and the only players that are still here are Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton, Fuchs, Wes, Amartey and Gray. So it's either a core group of them who are a bad influence on the rest of them, or the mentality of the club as a whole. It can't be a coincidence that we've started well under the last four managers, then turned to shit. If it was the players ability, then surely we wouldn't start well every time.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Should the season go the way it looks like going we have a huge problem. We won’t sack him even if we lose the next three but then we end the season terribly, a couple of dodgy results at the start of next season and we could sack him after letting him bring in some players.

He isn't getting sacked, it'll cost us about 20 million or something ridiculous. We're ****ed.

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I've nearly always seen it as a positive but the more we get into this cycle, the more I worry that the closeness between some of our players and the heiarchy bypasses the manager and might not actually be all that healthy for the club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Sub killed us! Tactical changes have been horrific lately! His subbing nacho explanation left me baffled more than a Puel interview!

What did he say? I’ve been trying to find it as I missed Stringers questions 

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's not the senior players this time, Vardy and Schmeichel (before tonight) were keeping us in the top four since the restart. Morgan isn't playing, Albrighton just gets on with his usual job.

There does seem to be a real lack of fight when things get tough for this team, or maybe they get bored after a while?

• Like 1

Just now, Jack1993 said:

What did he say? I’ve been trying to find it as I missed Stringers questions 

Something like nacho were t having best game, they caused us problems at the side so wanted to help wilf and Youri out. 

jason bournes Twitter has quotes on it 

• Like 1