Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Might have had some money to spend if he and his staff didn't jump at the first opportunity to fill their pockets too.

Absolutely and was the Arsenal job a genuine possibility? They had a lucky escape and in any case,  at that time,  Arsenal with all they have going on was a huge potential poison chalice. Rodgers and his blarney has had poor Top's pants down. 

His/our recruitment had cost us. Bennet is not a top 4 team player. JJ (who I actually like) came from league 1....what were they realistically expecting from him?

We signed yet another central midfielder (Praet) when we had plenty already. Did we really need Ayozre Perez for £30m?!!!

We have no pace in that midfield. Nothing at all about our team is explosive. There is not a single player who can produce a bit of magic from nowhere. 

Edited by Eskay
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Might have had some money to spend if he and his staff didn't jump at the first opportunity to fill their pockets too.

You cant blame him for agreeing to a new contract if the club was offering lol

That's the club's own stupid fault and something we've made a ridiculous habit of doing.

I think Brendan needs to think carefully about our different modes if play and the strengths and weaknesses of the squad to play each way.

For me... 1.we fail to break teams down if they dit back. We need eibgers and fullbscjs who go round the back and either cross or pull back for incoming players. 

2. We need to put crisses in early when defenders are back peddling.

Chillwell does neither... we have missed Ricardo 

4 minutes ago, Eskay said:

His/our recruitment had cost us. Bennet is not a top 4 team player. JJ (who I actually like) came from league 1....what were they realistically from him?

We signed yet another central midfielder (Praet) when we had plenty already. Did we really need Ayozre Perez for £30m?!!!

This is it for me, and its a sign of things to come. JJ has potential but not any of them have improved the team, and Rodgers can't stop mentioning our young squad lacking experience despite the average age being 27. Older players (Lallana) on high wages incoming....

50 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I don’t think this is a serious debate. Just a bunch of reactionary men venting frustration on a website. Would people be clamouring for Rodgers to go in the ground? No. This is especially since I think Top will back him completely and in reality we all know that.

Wishing the guy dead is a bit harsh, come on.

The collapse since mid-December - and Rodgers’ new contract - has been dramatic and appalling.

The manager is ultimately responsible. He has made some decisions of late that defy logic and explanation.

In Brendan we no longer trust.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wanted him in before we got Puel, I thought the squad then was suited to his football and had the mentality. 

This set of players I don’t think could hack it, to be honest. 

This is a squad full of talented players - there’s not an argument around that surely ? We were thrashing sides , playing great football and every member of the side was coveted by other clubs . The side has been mismanaged and the tactics lately are scandalous 

Edited by surrifox

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

This is it for me, and its a sign of things to come. JJ has potential but not any of them have improved the team, and Rodgers can't stop mentioning our young squad lacking experience despite the average age being 27. Older players (Lallana) on high wages incoming....

Yeah this team has had plenty of time and experience now. The only one who maybe hasn't is Justin. Every other player in that squad is old enough or has enough Prem experience, it's just another crap excuse.

He is getting frustrated that we are a 45 minute team, but he needs to look at himself for that. So often we play badly in the first half of games because he’s tried to do something clever tactically that has fallen on its arse and then he has to revert in the second half.

Last night was the opposite where he’s tried to solve a problem that didn’t exist.

He’s overthinking things, he’s trying to be clever and catch the opposition unawares, but when we are facing teams that are far inferior to us we just need to keep things simple.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He is true though.

This squad is not good enough.

Individual players might be but it's a squad that gets you over the line. We are not good enough as a squad.

Yeah but surely he shouldn't be saying stuff like that after a big loss. Who is gonna wanna come here when they hear a manager being so negative, who will wanna stay here. Yes we ain't good enough for CL but to openly say that is wrong. He could have just said the normal crap we are where we are more better then we expected etc. I dunno maybe its just me if I would look to find some positive and when I can't i would look at the manager for anything positive. Say to me we doing alot better then what people expected but if you guys wanna make statement let's go all out we got nothing to loss. Not we ain't good enough. all am asking is for some fire, heart passion and foxes attitude.

31 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Honestly I’m not sure, I was pulling my hair out when we were playing Wilf and Mendy as 2 defensive midfielders against bottom of the league sides at home but he did bring in some decent players which are the basis of this side. Maddison, Ricardo, Youri, Soyuncu. I’m not calling for BR head but at least we could give Puel credit for those signings 

Very true and in fairness,  until Youri arrived. He only really had very samey defensive midfielders to choose from. 

Rodgers out? wake up, to early but i'm not surprised the fickle band wagon have started already. His post match interview came across well tbh, he was honest and brutal about where LCFC are. Think of the perspective of where we are and get behind your team ffs because those who scream for his sacking considering this is the best season weve had since the winning season... #fickles

• Haha 1

First 19 games: 2.05 ppg

Last 16 games: 1.25 ppg

Looking at the whole it will still be a decent season and if you went back in time to day 1 and said 6th say, I think most of us would have been happy, particularly with losing Maguire and not knowing how that would turn out. But the way the season has panned out is very worrying, and the lack of a real break between seasons makes me very worried that we carry this relegation form into next season.

In the table since the lockdown we are 16th, with only Villa, Bournemouth, Palace and Norwich below us.

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very true and in fairness,  until Youri arrived. He only really had very samey defensive midfielders to choose from. 

Yep we tried King and Silva if I remember right, James was injured. I thought he has Amartey playing okay, I think he did as well as Justin is at present. It maybe a sign that we were too impatient with Puel and therefore should afford BR more time before calling for his head but so far his signing Perez on the right wing and a bagful of tactical errors such as leaving Chilwell exposed against Man City does deserve to have questions asked. 

I think BR does have a lot to learn, maybe he has a hangover from Scottish league where you probably could make those changes at half time to get a result. 

Apart from the fantastic owners, fantastic ground and fantastic new training facilities...  I believe we have one of the best managers in the prem, which gives me some comfort in these shit times.   His style of management relies on getting up close and personal with some of his younger players and he hasn’t been able to do that since lockdown...   ok maybe an oversimplification but still relevant imo.

Still think the owners pulled off a great coup to get him in the first place.  With him at the helm our future looks bright. 

How on earth can you call for Rogers to be sacked? We are still 4th in the premier league?? Okay probably going to be 5th after tonight but that’s the best we have done since we won the league!! This is a ridiculous thread to have! 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not in the out camp just yet because I know he's proven himself a good manager elsewhere, but he is worrying me, and I'll be honest, has been for most of the season.

Early on he persisted to be ultra negative and playing Maddison on the left, when it was clear it didn't work. We were lucky to get a point at home against Wolves on opening day, we only got a point at Chelsea when he changed it at half time. Once we hit some form when he moved him into the middle with wins at Sheff Utd and an arguably fortunate win v Spurs, he went back to doing it away at an at the time poor Man Utd. Burnley at home we were comfortable until he brought Wes on pretty early and invited pressure. If not for a very questionable VAR call we'd have drew. There's been continuous baffling tactical decisions and substitutions (or lack of) which have probably been masked by the equally baffling VAR calls we've been on the end of. One i didn't get yesterday was after watching Soyuncu struggle on the left of a three against Arsenal, why did we drop Bennett, yet still play him there because JJ moved into the back three and Fuchs played wing back? He's 34 for gods sake, his wing back days are over. Surely the obvious answer was putting Fuchs in the back 3 and playing JJ as the left wing back?

Another thing, I like Perez, but I'm not 100% sure Rodgers knows why he bought him. I mean he's a good player in the position he started yesterday, but we've mostly used him on the wing, where he's much less effective. If that was the plan all along, why Perez? Surely there were better wingers out there for a similar price?

Also, we seem to play ourselves into trouble a lot, and its so often, I'm sure its Rodgers instructions. A lot of passes seem to be just above head height, or just away from the receiving player, meaning they have to win a flick on, or stretch a boot to ball, and we lose it. It starts with Schmeichel at the back with his balls out to the full backs, which the full back has to run back towards his own goal to get. If they are to feet they are immediately under pressure from the winger, or they are head height and they have to win a header, which are very difficult to find a teammate with. Why not just pass it to your nearest free player, or launch it? Why on earth would you want to play a ball to a teammate that close to goal that puts them under pressure?

Im not fully rodgers out but if this continues i dont think he's proved himself enough elsewhere for us to hold onto him. He was poor at reading, decent at swansea, almost won the title with liverpool but we all know how that went, anyone can win the league with Celtic and his form in Europe against half decent teams was abysmal and now we're here. For me he doesnt have a great history as a manager to fall back on and needs to put in the results sooner rather than later to make his case.