Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He is true though.

This squad is not good enough.

Individual players might be but it's a squad that gets you over the line. We are not good enough as a squad.

This excuse doesn't wash with me. If the squad isn't good enough, why didn't we sign two or three players in January? If we couldn't afford it come out and tell us. If we tried to, but couldn't get them over the line, tell us. It was obvious we needed a winger in January and we didn't bother to sign one, we got bloody Ryan Bennett instead, then we wonder why we are struggling to score goals in the next 15 games.

6 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He is true though.

This squad is not good enough.

Individual players might be but it's a squad that gets you over the line. We are not good enough as a squad.

We have a squad good enough to limp into the CL even if we settled for average since the Return, instead we have been piss poor. Straight-out pub league football.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hamptonfox said:

He isn’t a patch on Martin O’Neill.

As soon as the game starts Rogers has no clue.

Martin O’Neill thrived in the 90 minutes of each game, he change tactics and formation after 15 minutes if it wasn’t working, without even making a substitution.

On game day he was on a completely different level to Brendan Rogers.

Brendan is on the same level as Sven Goran Erickson on gamedays, a one dimensional Plan A, and no working Plan B ever been seen.

Not sure about Martin O’Neill. He was pretty one dimensional from memory and rarely used any subs.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Not sure about Martin O’Neill. He was pretty one dimensional from memory and rarely used any subs.

That's probably true. But a Martin O'Neill team would never come out after a half time talk playing like that.

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This excuse doesn't wash with me. If the squad isn't good enough, why didn't we sign two or three players in January? If we couldn't afford it come out and tell us. If we tried to, but couldn't get them over the line, tell us. It was obvious we needed a winger in January and we didn't bother to sign one, we got bloody Ryan Bennett instead, then we wonder why we are struggling to score goals in the next 15 games.

We can certainly improve, but the squad is more than good enough to dominate for 90 mins against near bottom Bournemouth. We self destructed with safety first mentality killing off any killer instincts the team should have, and did have, to kill off a game like this.  In the first half, Bournemouth could not even get out of their half without pumping it upfield by their keeper or back 4 due to pressing by Vardy, Nachos and Perez. Then Rodgers decided to take Nachos off and told them to sit back, inviting Bournemouth to instead press us at the back.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

We have a problem but I would not put down that to ‘poor recruitment.’ Clearly, in 2017 we made some poor purchases in Silva, Slimani and Musa but the recruitment has been very good on the whole. 

Players like Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Evans have all turned out to be excellent purchases. All of which being under the 20 million mark too. Look at United, they’ve spent around four times that on players like Fred, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, that’s an example of poor recruitment. 

Whilst, we might feel an element of resentment towards the players tonight, recruitment has not been the issue whatsoever.

In my opinion it’s an issue, we have 50 million on loan with just two players, and I believe we are paying 75% of there wages.

Then there is the retention James, Morgan etc.

I have said we rely to much on the starting 11 which has inexperienced players, who cannot perform for a season.

Who do we turn to of the bench, an average albrighton, Gray who’s had chance after chance, Marty James who is again injured.

We have average players in the starting 11 which should be improved on, kasper for one, desperate for a quality winger, Ricardo was our best attacking threat, and we are clueless going forward without him.

So recruitment is a massive problem, I believe we have the 16 th highest wage bill in Europe, are we the 16 th best side, recruitment and retention decisions since winning the league barring a couple of players has been awful.

I’m guessing Rodgers couldn’t buy in jan due to ffp because are wage bill is to high for a massive average squad 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Saying nacho was having a bad game rather than admitting he made an error is not good man management. Especially when everyone accept him seems to think kel was playing well 

I have to admit I did think Kelechi was not having a good game, he could barely control the ball. If he was able to control it and was composed we would be more than 1-0 no question in my mind. 

HOWEVER, that does not excuse the substitution when we had absolutely dominated the entire half and with a bit more cutting edge would have sealed the game.

Classic managerial error that anyone with any common sense can work out is not a good idea. Yes let’s invite pressure for an entire half, limit our options going forward. Kelechi might have come good or at least bring Barnes on to add some attacking value and scare their shit defence

EVEN if Kelechi was playing awfully, a good manager should never pin blame and always has to take the hit for his team, it’s how good management works. It’s why the likes of Ferguson are so revered and Mourinho is becoming a shambles. Have a word in private if you are not happy but a manager should always protect his players, and when it is directly caused by a managerial decision it is quite frankly inexcusable 

1 minute ago, jaqo88 said:

I have to admit I did think Kelechi was not having a good game, he could barely control the ball. If he was able to control it and was composed we would be more than 1-0 no question in my mind. 

HOWEVER, that does not excuse the substitution when we had absolutely dominated the entire half and with a bit more cutting edge would have sealed the game.

Classic managerial error that anyone with any common sense can work out is not a good idea. Yes let’s invite pressure for an entire half, limit our options going forward. Kelechi might have come good or at least bring Barnes on to add some attacking value and scare their shit defence

EVEN if Kelechi was playing awfully, a good manager should never pin blame and always has to take the hit for his team, it’s how good management works. It’s why the likes of Ferguson are so revered and Mourinho is becoming a shambles. Have a word in private if you are not happy but a manager should always protect his players, and when it is directly caused by a managerial decision it is quite frankly inexcusable 

Tbh it’s very rare managers make subs at halftime unless somethings going really wrong. It’s honestly baffling that something in his head said it needed changing when we just had one of our most dominant halves of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Tbh it’s very rare managers make subs at halftime unless somethings going really wrong. It’s honestly baffling that something in his head said it needed changing when we just had one of our most dominant halves of the season. 

Yep agreed.

Kelechi always seems to be the guy that is first on the chopping block as well poor lad. I didn’t rate his performance at all first half (although he still did cause the goal!) but he has earned the chance to be given more time through his efforts this season. 

Even when he is on fire and scores he has been taken off by Rodge really not sure why.

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You seem ummm.... very ummm... forgiving.

This bad run of games has lasted 20 games now, is 20 attempts to put it right enough? if not how many is needed?

I think our overall league position and his history of success saves him for now for me. Though of course it’s worrying. I’d be willing to give him the summer but of course if next season goes badly he’d have to go. 

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think our overall league position and his history of success saves him for now for me. Though of course it’s worrying. I’d be willing to give him the summer but of course if next season goes badly he’d have to go. 

Same thought process as me. I don't know how long I'd give him next season, but a turnaround has to be extremely quick I think.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

I’m actually embarrassed for him now. Two of his players have come out and apologised for their mistakes, yet Rodgers is hiding behind Nacho. People say he’s an excellent man-manager, seems only with the ones he likes. If you can’t own up to errors as a manager then you’re in the wrong job. What the hell are the players supposed to do if you have a coward as a manager? He’s even more pathetic than I thought if he doesn’t come out today and hold his hands up. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't buy the 'players aren't good enough' argument. Look what Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche are doing with their respective squads

Remind me, where are Sheff Utd and Burnley in the league? :thumbdown:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can barely believe what I’m reading - the entitlement in here is just embarrassing.

There’s not one of you at start of this season who’s wouldn’t have taken a top six finish with European football.

We are likely going to finish the day in fifth place against teams with stronger benches than the side we put out yesterday.

That combined with three of our first choice players being injured and the depth in squad top four quality of a dry puddle, we are punching above, way above our weight.

Honestly - imagine other teams fans reading this. It’s like you all got bought the wrong pony for Christmas.

Fairytales are great but they don’t happen every year. Our form since Xmas has been poor in places but calling for Brendans head after how far he’s brought us doesn’t sit right with me. He needs a second window and some players to make the football work - we can’t play on the counter for ever and transforming a style of play takes time unless you can just buy your way into doing so which Leicester can’t.

I understand what you mean, but I think it misses the point a little. The loss of form has been catastrophic, and we don't even look like the same team, confidence-wise. It's the manager's job to address that. We've had since Christmas and that's not happened. My big question is: why not?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can barely believe what I’m reading - the entitlement in here is just embarrassing.

There’s not one of you at start of this season who’s wouldn’t have taken a top six finish with European football.

We are likely going to finish the day in fifth place against teams with stronger benches than the side we put out yesterday.

That combined with three of our first choice players being injured and the depth in squad top four quality of a dry puddle, we are punching above, way above our weight.

Honestly - imagine other teams fans reading this. It’s like you all got bought the wrong pony for Christmas.

Fairytales are great but they don’t happen every year. Our form since Xmas has been poor in places but calling for Brendans head after how far he’s brought us doesn’t sit right with me. He needs a second window and some players to make the football work - we can’t play on the counter for ever and transforming a style of play takes time unless you can just buy your way into doing so which Leicester can’t.

I don't think it's entitlement. If for the majority of the season we were hovering over 6/7/8th and we finished with European football we of course would be ecstatic. However at one point this year we were "challenging" for the title. We've been in the top 4 since September I think, to capitulate from there is the reason for the anger and frustration. We were phenomenal pre Dec and then something happened. A team shouldn't go from amazing to shocking over night and yesterday was actually the amalgamation of most of the games since Dec boiling over. Forget any team in the top 4, any team in the premier league folding over like that would have their supporters disappointed. We certainly have the players to be beating Bournemouth as we could see from the first half. We were more than comfortable and should have had the game put to bed by then. I don't even think we got out of 2nd gear. However after the break bournemouth showed some resilience and we got stuck in 2nd gear, coupled with some very strange substitutions. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes, we would have all been delighted with a top 6 finish but when the direction of travel has been alarmingly down for such a sustained period then people are bound to be racked off. If the dip had been to mid table form and performances most could accept that and we’d have still got over the line for a CL spot but it’s more like we’ve jumped off a cliff. 

The team has ability but is mentally weak. Rodgers is probably a nice guy to the players but does he have the ability to put a rocket up their arse when necessary and drive us forward in our approach, intent and desire

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I don't think it's entitlement. If for the majority of the season we were hovering over 6/7/8th and we finished with European football we of course would be ecstatic. However at one point this year we were "challenging" for the title. We've been in the top 4 since September I think, to capitulate from there is the reason for the anger and frustration. We were phenomenal pre Dec and then something happened. A team should go from amazing to shocking over night and yesterday was actually the amalgamation of most of the games since Dec boiling over. Forget any team in the top 4, any team in the premier league folding over like that would have their supporters disappointed. We certainly have the players to be beating Bournemouth as we could see from the first half. We were more than comfortable and should have had the game put to bed by then. I don't even think we got out of 2nd gear. However after the break bournemouth showed some resilience and we got stuck in 2nd gear, coupled with some very strange substitutions. 

Overachieving does not automatically become a new norm. We overachieved, it showed what this could become with greater depth, maturity and thereby consistency, but we aren't there yet imho.

46 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Same thought process as me. I don't know how long I'd give him next season, but a turnaround has to be extremely quick I think.

So you'd allow him to spend all the transfer kitty with the record he and Congerton have got in the market before a 'now let's see if it turns out alright approach? What managerial history has he got to suggest that when things go wrong, he can turn them round? Our more recent transfer record has been excellent,  this pair have the potential to set us back years!

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Yes, we would have all been delighted with a top 6 finish but when the direction of travel has been alarmingly down for such a sustained period then people are bound to be racked off. If the dip had been to mid table form and performances most could accept that and we’d have still got over the line for a CL spot but it’s more like we’ve jumped off a cliff. 

The team has ability but is mentally weak. Rodgers is probably a nice guy to the players but does he have the ability to put a rocket up their arse when necessary and drive us forward in our approach, intent and desire

He certainly seemed pissed off last night, but when a senior player, your captain no less, makes 2 inexplicable mistakes in the same game, it is hardly surprising he is.