Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are so short on attacking options especially out wide, I can’t see how we couldn’t have done more. It’s not like we have numerous options to pick from... our bench is a joke 

Out wide is an area we need alot of money spending on.... not just any old signing.

No point signing someone just for the sake of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Again, not his choice..... if the club want to offer him a boat load of cash then why wouldnt he take it?

We're all selfish when it comes to money and wanting more

Im more concerned about his decision making in games rather than anything else

Don't disagree - it was a poor decision by the club though.

Harks back to a similar contract we gave to vardy.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Don't disagree - it was a poor decision by the club though.

Harks back to a similar contract we gave to vardy.

Yes maybe although at the time, things were very different and we were doing very well so not many kicked off about it.

Now things are not good, we're all looking at people to blame

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I can only imagine how doubling the salary of the manager and his team may affected a potential transfer budget.....

In the scenario he gets the sack.. (Not saying he should)

I’m guessing we’ll need to sell atleast 2 players (Chilwell/Maddison?) just to pay off Brendan and his teams contracts & hopefully have enough leftover to fund a transfer window..

• Haha 1

If we have to use the transfer funds for this summer's window to pay him off and get him and Congerton out, then so be it. Will be better for the club in the long-term. 

We will be doubly ****ed later down the line if we hand big funds to Congerton to back Rodgers.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Nachoman might be tempted.

First in line! Joking aside though, I think he does need a metaphorical slap, there's an arrogance to him and his methods which is clearly not working, he needs to get the idea out his head that he's some tactical mastermind, because he has been routinely embarrassed by every manager since the restart!

Look, Brendan is still a very young manager and is still capable of making naive decisions. But we've also seen from earlier this season exactly what else he is capable of. he needs to learn from his mistakes, but so do we as a team. We lost last night because of mistakes from our most experienced. We need a stronger squad with greater depth.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Look, Brendan is still a very young manager and is still capable of making naive decisions. But we've also seen from earlier this season exactly what else he is capable of. he needs to learn from his mistakes, but so do we as a team. We lost last night because of mistakes from our most experienced. We need a stronger squad with greater depth.

You make it look as if Brendan is the new kid on the block. He's been a manager for 12 years. Last night's abject capitulation is down to much more than squad depth. The reaction/response against Sheff Utd will speak volumes.

• Like 3

Last night was not the manager’s fault it was the goal keeper’s fault. We were cruising until that stupid arrogant mistake I’m still not sure what he was thinking?! And then the team were in shock and lost it totally all evolving from our keeper’s horrendous mistake !! 

• Haha 2

Schmeichel’s massive mIstake last night might mean the club missing out on £100’s of millions of pounds, bearing in mind that up until his goal kick ‘effort’ we were totally dominate, and would have most likely picked them off in the break to win 0-2 with Vardy pace

• Haha 3

The rot started to set in December, just after the rumours of Brendan wanting to speak to Arse about their manager’s job and then his bumper new contract. Did he lose the trust of the players a bit at that point? Either way, he isn’t gonna get another big 6 club offer unless he can turn this 2020 horror show around. 

1 minute ago, Ely fox said:

Schmeichel’s massive mIstake last night might mean the club missing out on £100’s of millions of pounds, bearing in mind that up until his goal kick ‘effort’ we were totally dominate, and would have most likely picked them off in the break to win 0-2 with Vardy pace

We’d dropped off before that error, we’d started appallingly in that second half. It was a shocker from Schmeichel but he’s been by a distance our best player since play resumed after lockdown. The manager has to take responsibility for this decline and the result last night.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

In my opinion it’s an issue, we have 50 million on loan with just two players, and I believe we are paying 75% of there wages.

Then there is the retention James, Morgan etc.

I have said we rely to much on the starting 11 which has inexperienced players, who cannot perform for a season.

Who do we turn to of the bench, an average albrighton, Gray who’s had chance after chance, Marty James who is again injured.

We have average players in the starting 11 which should be improved on, kasper for one, desperate for a quality winger, Ricardo was our best attacking threat, and we are clueless going forward without him.

So recruitment is a massive problem, I believe we have the 16 th highest wage bill in Europe, are we the 16 th best side, recruitment and retention decisions since winning the league barring a couple of players has been awful.

I’m guessing Rodgers couldn’t buy in jan due to ffp because are wage bill is to high for a massive average squad 

There has never been a club who has had 100% good recruitment, it just doesn’t happen. I think that our wage bill is the 7th highest in the league, so even if the worst case scenario happens and we finish 7th, it’s about in line of where we are at as a club. 

But yeah, I completely agree with the fact that not recruiting in January and not having enough depth are probably both catalysts in our demise in the last few months. There isn’t a whole lot wrong with our actual starting eleven, when everybody is fully fit but apart from Praet and maybe Iheanacho, there is nobody I’d genuinely back to change the game.  

I still think that we are maybe 3-4 players short of having a squad which can genuinely compete at the top, but imo that is very dependant on how good recruitment is this summer.

I don’t agree I think we were totally in control. They were attacking and we were biding our time. They would have got desperate as time went on, we would have scored on the break with Vardy as they attacked more desperate for the win. Schmeichel totally to blame !!

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says his side are "nowhere near Champions League level" following a 4-1 thrashing by Bournemouth, BBC Sport.

Not really sure what to say about that statement , maybe he should have said "We are a shadow of the team we were the first half of the season and I can't seem to do anything to turn it around".

• Like 3