Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

41 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Apart from the fantastic owners, fantastic ground and fantastic new training facilities...  I believe we have one of the best managers in the prem, which gives me some comfort in these shit times.   His style of management relies on getting up close and personal with some of his younger players and he hasn’t been able to do that since lockdown...   ok maybe an oversimplification but still relevant imo.

Still think the owners pulled off a great coup to get him in the first place.  With him at the helm our future looks bright. 

Based on 2020 this could be classed as #topbantz

36 minutes ago, Stott93 said:

How on earth can you call for Rogers to be sacked? We are still 4th in the premier league?? Okay probably going to be 5th after tonight but that’s the best we have done since we won the league!! This is a ridiculous thread to have! 

Its a tough one, as if you said start of season we would have taken 7th-5th. But our form since Christmas is 14th in the league. There are no signs he can turn this form around, tactically if things are not working he can not change the game in our favour. Bournemouth was awful as his plan A was working so well in fact, and he still changed it and made us, well, we all watched the second half. I think his reputation in the game is massively overrated. I have not seen any signs of coaching since Christmas. That is a huge worry, maybe it is too early to sack him. But if this was Puel we would all be saying time to sack him. Puel lost the dressing room, maybe Rodgers has too. 

25 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Im not fully rodgers out but if this continues i dont think he's proved himself enough elsewhere for us to hold onto him. He was poor at reading, decent at swansea, almost won the title with liverpool but we all know how that went, anyone can win the league with Celtic and his form in Europe against half decent teams was abysmal and now we're here. For me he doesnt have a great history as a manager to fall back on and needs to put in the results sooner rather than later to make his case.

I think he grew as a manager from his early days at Watford and Reading. He did a very good job at Liverpool, and Celtic, well you still have to do the job. They win it every year, but hr pushed it to a new level, with double trebles and almost 2 seasons unbeaten.

i do question our form, it hasn't been good.  But there are "some" reasons for that. 

Ricardo has been one of our best offensive players.  Losing him is a massive loss.  Chilwell Out, Maddison Out, 

We dont have the depth of squad that others may think we have. most of the bench is bottom half premier league at best. 

Am i happy we have conceded so much ground? Absolutely not.  But i'm pragmatic enough to say, we are Leicester, Top 6 finish is solid enough.  

At the time, I think Rodgers was the best manager we could have got.  Let's see where it takes us. 

My biggest issue, and I was surprised looking at the suggested line ups of our last two games that people didn't seem to agree, but why did Barnes not continue after the Palace cameo.

He looked unplayable in the 10 for those last twenty minutes, and then for some unknown reason Perez swans back in and starts the next two.

I raised it in a couple of pre match threads and got responses of 'perez deserves to carry on in his natural position'

But why? We brought Barnes on against palace and he took it from another nervy 1-0 to an easy 3-0.... then he's not seen again in the next two and, surprise surprise, we struggle to create chances. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Lawwell (Celtic F.C) said:

No mate, we're well over it.

Once he started tinkering with the team selections it went downhill, he'll lose that dressing room shortly.

If you’re over it, why are you here? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Lawwell (Celtic F.C) said:

Once he started tinkering with the team selections it went downhill, he'll lose that dressing room shortly.

Yeah you're so over it you immediately came here to fish.

40 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Rodgers out? wake up, to early but i'm not surprised the fickle band wagon have started already. His post match interview came across well tbh, he was honest and brutal about where LCFC are. Think of the perspective of where we are and get behind your team ffs because those who scream for his sacking considering this is the best season weve had since the winning season... #fickles

I understand that we are on to achieve one of our highest premier league finishes but i can understand why fans are getting sick of the constant bad performances also. Nothing seems to change either which is the most worrying thing. Ever since we drew with Villa in the first leg of the semi final we have been on a terrible run of form. The points we have won in our last 15 or so games would be almost relegation form. 

I agree that we should give him longer but how much longer if this continues? 

May sound ridiculous, but our form in the first half of the season and the position we found ourselves in has probably gone against Rodgers. Expectations have risen, we over-performed, the squad certainly isn't good enough to sustain a champions league challenge and now we find ourselves in a position where a 5th, 6th or even 7th place finish is seen as failure.  Still too many players in our squad that aren't good enough for the level we aspire too, we have moved fast and left players behind. There was a poll before the season and I think most had us finishing lower top half, I certainly did.

The first half of the season probably gives Rodgers some time but its a huge summer transfer window. The only way we challenge next season is drastically improving the "squad", not being so reliant on individual players, have options off the bench and more importantly have some leaders on the pitch. Hopefully the likes of Maddison, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Ricardo and Soyuncu can develop further, but they need more experienced leaders around them.

It would be ridiculous to sack Rodgers, until we see how we go next season at least. We are in such a weird position as a club, who is going to come and manage us next if managers are getting sacked for challenging for Europe? regardless of form. Does a manager have to qualify for the champions league to be a success? One thing is for sure, Rodgers need to show he can stop the rot otherwise we'll be down the bottom end of the table next season.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Yep we tried King and Silva if I remember right, James was injured. I thought he has Amartey playing okay, I think he did as well as Justin is at present. It maybe a sign that we were too impatient with Puel and therefore should afford BR more time before calling for his head but so far his signing Perez on the right wing and a bagful of tactical errors such as leaving Chilwell exposed against Man City does deserve to have questions asked. 

I think BR does have a lot to learn, maybe he has a hangover from Scottish league where you probably could make those changes at half time to get a result. 

Yes true. What also disappointed me yesterday was although Caspar put his hands up to his error (yet in fairness he's saved us a number of times since the restart but mistakes happen), Rodgers seems to believe he had no part to play in the defeat. Either he's so arrogant and up his own backside that he feels that it's all down to the players or he worrying doesn't know. Managers far better than him have acknowledged their wrong decisions at times. This wasn't a one off and you just worry whether he'll learn from the experience. Signs are his ego won't let him. It would be nice to hear what the players think.

• Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Our problems started in January when Rodgers decided not really signing anyone, apart from useless Bennett, was a good idea when chasing top 4... 

Dont think it was necessarily his choice.

Most managers say that its a very tough window to buy players in because nobody wants to sell.

Reading between the lines, they wanted to do more but couldnt

Just now, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Most managers say that its a very tough window to buy players in because nobody wants to sell.

I can only imagine how doubling the salary of the manager and his team may affected a potential transfer budget.....

16 minutes ago, Peter Lawwell (Celtic F.C) said:

Creating an account on here just screams "well over it", doesn't it? 

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

I can only imagine how doubling the salary of the manager and his team may affected a potential transfer budget.....

Again, not his choice..... if the club want to offer him a boat load of cash then why wouldnt he take it?

We're all selfish when it comes to money and wanting more

Im more concerned about his decision making in games rather than anything else

3 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We are so short on attacking options especially out wide, I can’t see how we couldn’t have done more. It’s not like we have numerous options to pick from... our bench is a joke