Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Last night was not the manager’s fault it was the goal keeper’s fault. We were cruising until that stupid arrogant mistake I’m still not sure what he was thinking?! And then the team were in shock and lost it totally all evolving from our keeper’s horrendous mistake !! 

Of course it was the managers fault, he made a pointless change at half time when we were dominating an extremely poor relegation threatened side, if you really cannot see that then I am afraid foootball is really not for you.

• Like 4

We have to judge him on the whole season, we can't just say because our form's dropped the entire seasons a right off. If we finish top 6, would we have considered that a good season at the start? i'd say so. We have to give Rodgers time, the next transfer window's crucial. We need a bit of raw talent and experience imo. We've got a young squad, and confidence seems to be a major factor in that, which is normal with quite a few youngster. I'd hope we also have a plan b going into next season.

Whilst Rodgers decision making hasn't been great, it's tricky with a few players not showing the form they had in before Christmas.. I honestly think had Kasper not made the error yesterday we would have won.. Yes they improved a bit but they didn't look like scoring at all. We really lacked leadership on the pitch yesterday, as soon as we conceded the heads dropped. By no means would bringing Wes on have made the team better but we lack a leader on the pitch to pull the team together.

We can't keep this cycle of dropping managers the when we lose form, we've been in this cycle for 3 years now.. In truth the attitude of our experienced players should come into question, we've been here before and they should be leading the team on the pitch.  

14 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Schmeichel’s massive mIstake last night might mean the club missing out on £100’s of millions of pounds, bearing in mind that up until his goal kick ‘effort’ we were totally dominate, and would have most likely picked them off in the break to win 0-2 with Vardy pace

NO NO NO.

Absolute bollocks and I refuse to blame Kasper for this one, he's won us about 4 points since the restart alone.

Anyone that thinks we were winning that game 2-0 after the opening 20th minutes of that 2nd half needs to get their heads checked, they must have been watching a completely different game to the majority of us. Had Brendan left it as it was we had a chance, but that chance disappeared as soon as he made that sub. Fed up of him getting away with making stupid tactical errors and decisions on a weekly basis, where's the accountability for him?

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

NO NO NO.

Absolute bollocks and I refuse to blame Kasper for this one, he's won us about 4 points since the restart alone.

Anyone that thinks we were winning that game 2-0 after the opening 20th minutes of that 2nd half needs to get their heads checked, they must have been watching a completely different game to the majority of us. Had Brendan left it as it was we had a chance, but that chance disappeared as soon as he made that sub. Fed up of him getting away with making stupid tactical errors and decisions on a weekly basis, where's the accountability for him?

Spot on, half time should of consisted of keep going lads get an early second goal and we go on to win 3/4-0 

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Last night was not the manager’s fault it was the goal keeper’s fault. We were cruising until that stupid arrogant mistake I’m still not sure what he was thinking?! And then the team were in shock and lost it totally all evolving from our keeper’s horrendous mistake !! 

How is a miskick stupid and arrogant. If he was trying step overs and trying trick his way past on coming strikers then yeah, I agree, but it was a miskick, happens to every keeper. Are you sure you know what arrogant means? You ask what was thinking? Probably let's kick this over there and not straight at Ndidi. You honestly think he meant it?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says his side are "nowhere near Champions League level" following a 4-1 thrashing by Bournemouth, BBC Sport.

Not really sure what to say about that statement , maybe he should have said "We are a shadow of the team we were the first half of the season and I can't seem to do anything to turn it around".

did he really say that? just imagine if his players heard that. 

18 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Schmeichel’s massive mIstake last night might mean the club missing out on £100’s of millions of pounds, bearing in mind that up until his goal kick ‘effort’ we were totally dominate, and would have most likely picked them off in the break to win 0-2 with Vardy pace

We were dominant until half time. We made the sub and lost all the initiative, and invited Bournemouth onto us. Had we carried on as before I doubt Schmeichel would have even been in the situation to make the error, and we might have already doubled our lead.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Problem is with the depth and quality of the squad, not the manager. Close this thread. It’s embarrassing.

I don't think firing the manager is the solution right now. However if his form over the past 16 or so games continues for even a further ten games, we would find ourselves in the bottom bracket of the table early in the new campaign, and the chances are he'd be fired. The notion that we'll automatically be able to reset after a lengthy break has already been dispelled, so we have to take the possibility seriously.

It would be ignorant of our own history not to question a manager who enjoys an excellent start with someone else's team, and widespread media praise, only to then suffer a serious collapse.

You can also pinpoint specific and serious errors he's made.

Firstly, yes our squad is limited, but yesterday we saw around 100m worth of his own signings, and while they weren't the worst offenders on the pitch, it's hard to say any of them have had particularly good seasons. And it's not as if he or his scout are renowned for their astute acquisitions.

Secondly, our options have been significantly reduced by the manager rushing players back from injury, or playing them with injuries. It happened previously with Ndidi, Vardy, Pereira - perhaps leading to far longer absences than was necessary - now with Chilwell and Maddison. And this is something various Celtic fans warned us about, based on their experiences of Tierney and our very own Benkovic.

In addition, he's fielded various players in ways which were obviously not going to work. The revival of the Mendy-Ndidi partnership against Brighton was critical. The persistence with Barnes and Chilwell as the left flank partnership. Perez on the wide right. Maddison on the left.

Then you get some of the more debatable, but still very valid question marks. The substitutions have often been poor, and not only yesterday's unnecessarily negative HT change. The reluctance to kill off games at times seems to stem from him.

I'd also question some of the language he was using earlier in the season, demanding more goals from his attacking midfielders and more 'arrogance' from certain players. What it actually resulted in was the supply from our attacking midfielders being depleted, due to the likes of Maddison trying to craft goals for themselves rather than supply them for team-mates. If anything, it encouraged less of a one-for-all mentality.

And even the 9-0 over Southampton may have added to our woes. I remember, in 2013/14, Pearson saying you have to be careful of winning games by five and six goal margins one day, then stumbling in tighter games down the line. In that season he said he was happier that we were keeping things tight in games that we might previously have run away with, so that we maintained good habits on a consistent basis. Of course, it's possible that NP was wrong. That Southampton night will live long in our memories, and it was great at the time to see the manager encouraging us to keep pushing for more, but in the end we only took 3 points from Southampton this season, and missed out in far too many tight games where we had a lapse, or lacked the persistence to seek a breakthrough.

Finally, there have to be questions about how capable we are of playing the type of football we're playing. It seems the sides that break into that top bracket don't often do so by playing the most glorious, possession-based football you've ever seen (be it ourselves in 2016, or Burnley, Wolves, possibly Sheffield United after that). Perhaps the club made a mistake in thinking that this was the more sustainable style of play, and the reality is that possession-based football quickly becomes pedestrian unless you have the quality and imagination on the part of the manager to keep things unpredictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Time to go balls deep in the transfer market to match his contract in that case.

If we’re gonna show him that level of commitment we need to match it with ambition to get the best out of his time here. No point paying him all that money with his hands tied, if he can’t do it after that then clearly he won’t have learnt from the mistakes recently, like you say, he needs to though.

..what makes you think he is going to learn anything from this!!!

He has been doing this for a long time now and continues to repeat the same mistakes.

The one person on this forum who has time and time again espoused his shortcomings is @henrik_62 and yet people continue to write all sort of nonsense regarding him learning lessons.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

You say he’s building something but I don’t think he’s going to build anything good with Congleton 

He is.And I was saying how long it’s taken Klopp to sort out Liverpool.

Rome wasn’t built in a day,and for how far the clubs come on in the last few years is awesome.

Im sure if their is a weak link behind the scenes,

Top and the board,along with Brendan will address the situation.

Id have taken a top six place at the start of the season!

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I think he speaks well there, he is being honest for once and you can see how pissed off he is with the team. He's right though about the champions league comment. In my mind if we could put our first 11 out every week we can compete for the top four, as soon as we get injuries we lack quality and are a mid table side. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think he speaks well there, he is being honest for once and you can see how pissed off he is with the team. He's right though about the champions league comment. In my mind if we could put our first 11 out every week we can compete for the top four, as soon as we get injuries we lack quality and are a mid table side. 

pretty much said not good enough to be comfortable against bournmouth lol. first half was dominant 

Just now, filbertway said:

Wow. If he's genuinely been telling the players they're not good enough for the champions league it's not hard to see why we've looked so awful the second half of the season. What an absolute cop out

What do we want from him? Everyone's asking him to be honest and in this clip he is being honest.

We are not good enough for the CL. That much has been painfully obvious for months.

16 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I don't think firing the manager is the solution right now. However if his form over the past 16 or so games continues for even a further ten games, we would find ourselves in the bottom bracket of the table early in the new campaign, and the chances are he'd be fired. The notion that we'll automatically be able to reset after a lengthy break has already been dispelled, so we have to take the possibility seriously.

It would be ignorant of our own history not to question a manager who enjoys an excellent start with someone else's team, and widespread media praise, only to then suffer a serious collapse.

You can also pinpoint specific and serious errors he's made.

Firstly, yes our squad is limited, but yesterday we saw around 100m worth of his own signings, and while they weren't the worst offenders on the pitch, it's hard to say any of them have had particularly good seasons. And it's not as if he or his scout are renowned for their astute acquisitions.

Secondly, our options have been significantly reduced by the manager rushing players back from injury, or playing them with injuries. It happened previously with Ndidi, Vardy, Pereira - perhaps leading to far longer absences than was necessary - now with Chilwell and Maddison. And this is something various Celtic fans warned us about, based on their experiences of Tierney and our very own Benkovic.

In addition, he's fielded various players in ways which were obviously not going to work. The revival of the Mendy-Ndidi partnership against Brighton was critical. The persistence with Barnes and Chilwell as the left flank partnership. Perez on the wide right. Maddison on the left.

Then you get some of the more debatable, but still very valid question marks. The substitutions have often been poor, and not only yesterday's unnecessarily negative HT change. The reluctance to kill off games at times seems to stem from him.

I'd also question some of the language he was using earlier in the season, demanding more goals from his attacking midfielders and more 'arrogance' from certain players. What it actually resulted in was the supply from our attacking midfielders being depleted, due to the likes of Maddison trying to craft goals for themselves rather than supply them for team-mates. If anything, it encouraged less of a one-for-all mentality.

And even the 9-0 over Southampton may have added to our woes. I remember, in 2013/14, Pearson saying you have to be careful of winning games by five and six goal margins one day, then stumbling in tighter games down the line. In that season he said he was happier that we were keeping things tight in games that we might previously have run away with, so that we maintained good habits on a consistent basis. Of course, it's possible that NP was wrong. That Southampton night will live long in our memories, and it was great at the time to see the manager encouraging us to keep pushing for more, but in the end we only took 3 points from Southampton this season, and missed out in far too many tight games where we had a lapse, or lacked the persistence to seek a breakthrough.

Finally, there have to be questions about how capable we are of playing the type of football we're playing. It seems the sides that break into that top bracket don't often do so by playing the most glorious, possession-based football you've ever seen (be it ourselves in 2016, or Burnley, Wolves, possibly Sheffield United after that). Perhaps the club made a mistake in thinking that this was the more sustainable style of play, and the reality is that possession-based football quickly becomes pedestrian unless you have the quality and imagination on the part of the manager to keep things unpredictable.

Great post that was! 👍

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah, telling your players that they're shit after a crushing defeat where he played a huge role and not for the first time, is certainly going to lighten up the mood.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

pretty much said not good enough to be comfortable against bournmouth lol. first half was dominant 

He was right though wasn't he. A back four of Justin, Evans, Bennett and Fuchs is not good enough for the premier league. Bournemouth may be bad but all premier league teams have enough quality to hurt teams when they are not on it. 

Just now, Beechey said:

What do we want from him? Everyone's asking him to be honest and in this clip he is being honest.

We are not good enough for the CL. That much has been painfully obvious for months.

I'm looking for reasons why we haved looked like a team that'd struggle to stay in this league over a whole season after playing some of the most confident expansive stuff I'd seen from a Leicester team. 

This seems like a massive clue to me. He's a worm, blaming the players and taking no responsibility for throwing away this massive lead. His mindset will permeate into the players and they look like a team that's being told they're not good enough.

• Like 2

Just now, That_Dude said:

Yeah, telling your players that they're shit after a crushing defeat where he played a huge role and not for the first time, is certainly going to lighten up the mood.

Or it might be the wake up call they need to stop coasting to mediocrity. If he came out and said how amazing the squad was everyone would be calling him deluded, he can't win either way.

Just now, filbertway said:

I'm looking for reasons why we haved looked like a team that'd struggle to stay in this league over a whole season after playing some of the most confident expansive stuff I'd seen from a Leicester team. 

This seems like a massive clue to me. He's a worm, blaming the players and taking no responsibility for throwing away this massive lead. His mindset will permeate into the players and they look like a team that's being told they're not good enough.

I think it's all confidence.

We are free flowing until we got absolutely battered by Liverpool and Man City. I think the players went crashing down to Earth and Rodgers hasn't been able to motivate them properly since.

Be honest, would you rather he came onto an interview and said we were good enough for CL and being dominated by Bournemouth? You'd lose your mind.

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He can be as pissed off with his players as he likes but he messed up at half time with his cautious, cowardly and completely unnecessary substitution. And worse still, even when after just a few minutes of the second half it was obvious that it had handed the initiative to a woeful Bournemouth he was too arrogant to admit the error and carried on regardless.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

I think it's all confidence.

We are free flowing until we got absolutely battered by Liverpool and Man City. I think the players went crashing down to Earth and Rodgers hasn't been able to motivate them properly since.

Be honest, would you rather he came onto an interview and said we were good enough for CL and being dominated by Bournemouth? You'd lose your mind.

I want him to take some accountability for us being in freefall. If he was unhappy with the players he should have been digging them out before now. He knows that he's been absolutely awful and now he's throwing everyone under the bus and making out like we shouldn't be near the champions league spots.

I'm usually pretty rational and back managers, but this guy just grates on me. Everyone that has worked will know this type of person, it's never their fault and yet they somehow manage to sweet talk themselves into the higher ups good books.

I hate the personality type and now he's come out and done that, I imagine the dressing room will be lost.

• Like 4