Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

So you'd allow him to spend all the transfer kitty with the record he and Congerton have got in the market before a 'now let's see if it turns out alright approach? What managerial history has he got to suggest that when things go wrong, he can turn them round? Our more recent transfer record has been excellent,  this pair have the potential to set us back years!

You do know transfers involve more than those 2 roles don`t you? Do you seriously wish to slander Top and believe he would hand the entire kitty to those after so much recent success prior to them?

We do need a leader out there to steady the ship. I think the team has lost self belief and started to worry too much about the opposition and this has affected the manager with more defensive type substitutions as we had at half time yesterday.

We need a 90 minute performance and 3 points against Sheffield United otherwise there will be intense pressure on Rodgers but I am still hopeful he can turn things around but may be too late for Champions League 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You do know transfers involve more than those 2 roles don`t you? Do you seriously wish to slander Top and believe he would hand the entire kitty to those after so much recent success prior to them?

I would hope to think not but why hire Congerton in the first place then if he wasn't, with Rodgers, going to be a or the main influencer? He's more than just another scout and if Rudkin is mainly the negotiator/deal maker, what exactly is his role? Clearly he's a Rodgers influenced appointment so surely you wouldn't just hire him to ignore him?

Edited by volpeazzurro

It’s understandable that people are upset after last night’s performance,But to call for BR to be sacked is ridiculous!

The man is building something here which takes more than a few seasons.

Every club has a few shit games now and then!

Liverpool could have sacked Klopp 4 years ago or so when they weren’t playing very well!

A new training ground,

The stadium to be expanded,

and we’ve still got the chance of playing in Europe.

Oh,and still fourth in the premier league!

I think a few people on this thread need to get real!

44 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can barely believe what I’m reading - the entitlement in here is just embarrassing.

There’s not one of you at start of this season who’s wouldn’t have taken a top six finish with European football.

We are likely going to finish the day in fifth place against teams with stronger benches than the side we put out yesterday.

That combined with three of our first choice players being injured and the depth in squad top four quality of a dry puddle, we are punching above, way above our weight.

Honestly - imagine other teams fans reading this. It’s like you all got bought the wrong pony for Christmas.

Fairytales are great but they don’t happen every year. Our form since Xmas has been poor in places but calling for Brendans head after how far he’s brought us doesn’t sit right with me. He needs a second window and some players to make the football work - we can’t play on the counter for ever and transforming a style of play takes time unless you can just buy your way into doing so which Leicester can’t.

This sort of attitude is embarrassing to me. That loss yesterday has absolutely nothing to do with squad depth or injuries, it was the most ridiculous footballing substitute I’ve ever seen. 

Calling for him to be sacked might be a tad much, but the blind faith being shown when it’s clear there’s something wrong is staggering. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

It’s understandable that people are upset after last night’s performance,But to call for BR to be sacked is ridiculous!

The man is building something here which takes more than a few seasons.

Every club has a few shit games now and then!

Liverpool could have sacked Klopp 4 years ago or so when they weren’t playing very well!

A new training ground,

The stadium to be expanded,

and we’ve still got the chance of playing in Europe.

Oh,and still fourth in the premier league!

I think a few people on this thread need to get real!

You say he’s building something but I don’t think he’s going to build anything good with Congleton 

• Like 1

I can understand the comparisons with Taylor, good start and then a disastrous drop in form. It's very worrying but Brendan is a far better manager. 

I do think though, if 6th place isn't good enough for Leicester City then we'll be sacking managers every season. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

So you'd allow him to spend all the transfer kitty with the record he and Congerton have got in the market before a 'now let's see if it turns out alright approach? What managerial history has he got to suggest that when things go wrong, he can turn them round? Our more recent transfer record has been excellent,  this pair have the potential to set us back years!

If the alternative is spending £40m to pay their contracts off? That's going to basically be our summer budget.

Yes, I would.

I would prioritise new playing staff rather than new managerial staff currently.

Edited by Beechey

54 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I can barely believe what I’m reading - the entitlement in here is just embarrassing.

There’s not one of you at start of this season who’s wouldn’t have taken a top six finish with European football.

We are likely going to finish the day in fifth place against teams with stronger benches than the side we put out yesterday.

That combined with three of our first choice players being injured and the depth in squad top four quality of a dry puddle, we are punching above, way above our weight.

Honestly - imagine other teams fans reading this. It’s like you all got bought the wrong pony for Christmas.

Fairytales are great but they don’t happen every year. Our form since Xmas has been poor in places but calling for Brendans head after how far he’s brought us doesn’t sit right with me. He needs a second window and some players to make the football work - we can’t play on the counter for ever and transforming a style of play takes time unless you can just buy your way into doing so which Leicester can’t.

I agree with a lot of this but at the same time I do worry how this can be turned around by Brendan.

This is not a team known for mental strength and the impact of that last 25 minutes will scar them deeply. If we follow that up with 3 more defeats (I'd say that's very likely given the injuries and fixtures) and finish as low as 8th (again very possible, given other teams' fixtures) it would mean we've taken 14 points from the last 17 games. That is relegation form for half a season where the only wins have been against absolutely terrible Villa and West Ham teams and a Palace team who gifted us a win wearing flip flops.

Add to all that the fact that we have a truncated close season, might lose 1 or 2 of our better players in the summer, especially now we've blown the CL, and have Congleton in charge of incoming transfers, and the situation is very worrying indeed. 

This is an absolutely monumental challenge for Brendan and his previous track record suggests he won't be able to reverse the tide and get us out of this deep slump. I feel ridiculous for saying this but I think there is a very real chance that he'll be gone by Xmas. Hope that I'm wrong of course as I like Brendan.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I can understand the comparisons with Taylor, good start and then a disastrous drop in form. It's very worrying but Brenda is a far better manager. 

I do think though, if 6th place isn't good enough for Leicester City then we'll be sacking managers every season. 

Honestly it's the not the position, I'd have taken 7th at the start of the season. Its purely if this runs into next season 

• Like 1

What we all think is irrelevant, Kuhn Top will know what is going on, his big challenge is does he trust Rodgers with a big transfer budget in the summer window. Wasn’t a question a few weeks ago, and still might not be in Tops mind but we’ll see, still has enough credit in the bank albeit depleting

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

If the alternative is spending £40m to pay their contracts off? That's going to basically be our summer budget.

Yes, I would.

If to pay them off is that much then you have to question the appointment as well he was hardly a top proven manager. You make a good point which if true is very worrying. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Honestly it's the not the position, I'd have taken 7th at the start of the season. Its purely if this runs into next season 

I understand that mate, I'd be a liar if I said my confidence hadn't been shaken too. 

But where did Man U finish last season? I thought Solkjaer was certain for the sack and deservedly so but he's building something now. Sometime you need to give people a bit of time. 

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If to pay them off is that much then you have to question the appointment as well he was hardly a top proven manager. You make a good point which if true is very worrying. 

Well it's rumoured figures, but Rodgers is allegedly on £9m per year, on a 5.5 year contract. It's been a shade over 6 months since his new contract, which means he has 5 years to run.

£9m * 5 years = £45m, and that's just for Rodgers, not for his entire backroom staff.

I don't think we have a choice. We have to trust (and hope) he has the ability to steer the ship right, otherwise we're looking at a massive black hole in funds.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, Webbo said:

I understand that mate, I'd be a liar if I said my confidence hadn't been shaken too. 

But where did Man U finish last season? I thought Solkjaer was certain for the sack and deservedly so but he's building something now. Sometime you need to give people a bit of time. 

True. Obviously emotions were high last night and mmon reflection creating this thread was a little hasty although a fair few seem to agree with thee sentiment. I'd love nothing more than him to turn it around as I like the guy. My main worry is his stubbornness. It's as if he rhino's he's got nothing to learn and he's the finished article, which is a concern from a relatively young manager

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Don't know where they'd be if they didn't spunk £55m on a new midfielder. Fernandes has like 56% goal contributions for them since he signed.

They've been pretty much entirely reliant on him.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

Don't know where they'd be if they didn't spunk £55m on a new midfielder. Guy has like 56% goal contributions for them since he signed.

We'll be buying players too. 

I didn't sleep to well last night, but after the storm has calmed down a bit, I'm a bit more rational! Yes Rodgers made a mistake, so did Kasper, but this is life and we all make them.  A lot of people, myself included overeact at first to a loss like this, then we try to find reasons why it happened which then leads to a scapegoat:- Kasper/Rodgers et al. There are too many pitchforks and bonfires at the first sign of a setback!  Rodgers needs to be given time to rectify our weakness, which to me is more of mental than ability issue!  If he doesn't do this, then he will be under pressure and then fans will be right to call for his sacking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We'll be buying players too. 

Indeed, but our issue is our newer lofty ambitions.

We can't compete with signings like Bruno Fernandes on the face of it.

United have the ability to spend their way out of trouble, but we don't. We have to be patient, and unfortunately accept that our road will almost certainly be rockier than theirs was.

Edited by Beechey

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Agree with this somewhat, however they have some exceptional young players and they can (even if they finish where they did last season) attract top top talent because of who they are. So the comparison with Manure isn't really right. Plus Ole has a vested interest in United, whereas for Rogers we're probably just a stepping stone for him. 

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I didn't sleep to well last night, but after the storm has calmed down a bit, I'm a bit more rational! Yes Rodgers made a mistake, so did Kasper, but this is life and we all make them.  A lot of people, myself included overeact at first to a loss like this, then we try to find reasons why it happened which then leads to a scapegoat:- Kasper/Rodgers et al. There are too many pitchforks and bonfires at the first sign of a setback!  Rodgers needs to be given time to rectify our weakness, which to me is more of mental than ability issue!  If he doesn't do this, then he will be under pressure and then fans will be right to call for his sacking. 

Agree but the frustration is that Kasper and Cags have come out, recognised their mistakes and apoligised. BR still thinks (from what it seems anyways) that he had no fault and that is not a good place to be

• Like 2

I've not moved into the 'Rodgers out' camp just yet but I am seriously disappointed with him as a manager at the minute. Since the restart he's got so many basics wrong. The 2 CDM, lack of substitutions, Not bringing Iheanacho on when we needed a goal against Chelsea and then taking him off yesterday when we were well on top. Yes I get the argument that the players need to do better but the tactical awareness of Rodgers at times is non existent. He comes across as an arrogant man who ducks responsibility as well but in his defence backs his players. Maybe over time I'll look a fool for saying this but I think his time as our manager may be short lived. Hope I'm wrong and he goes on to show us that he is a world class tactician but at the minute I'm seriously losing faith in his inept decision making.

Ok so it’s not exactly going as planned for him and I’d say these last 3 games will now be an opportunity for him to show what he’s made of. I still think he’s the right person to lead us forward though after calming down from last nights 💩 show. 

Unfortunately, Rodgers has been terrible since the powers that be decided to improve his contract. Is it possible that he's angling for a megga pay day by getting the sack? I don't like him and never have, but nothings going to work by sacking a manager every season or so. Dreading to see what the close season brings us in terms of players leaving and new wreckruits with Lee effin Congerton leading the Hunt