Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (WORST 5)

51 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wow can’t believe the amount of knee jerk reactions putting Sunday in their top 5 worse moments, let alone the amount of no.1 rankings 

Can I ask why you think it’s a knee jerk reaction to feel it’s one of the top 5 or even the worse ? I can’t remember feeling worse then this after a Leicester defeat. That certainly isn’t knee jerk 24 hours after the event. 

For me, it hurts a lot because we gave up. We performed like imbeciles and tactical errors were made. It also hurts because I rated a fair few players on the pitch. Compare that to Cardiff - we worked our socks off and yeah it hurt but I was still proud, same with Watford, Swindon in the play offs and even at Stoke on the last day, though we were piss poor, the players on the pitch that day were simply not good enough. 

Yesterday was a disaster. No pride from that and it’s happen so many times, I don’t even want to look at those players. I’ve watched Kasper’s kick out so many times today it’s like I can’t understand what he thought he was doing. This is an international, world class (yes, world class ranked) keeper and he does that. I then watch Fuchs basically make a worse error then a five year old playing the game for the first time. I’m not being critical, I’m livid and at the same time disappointed. It’s not knee jerk when those who you have utmost faith in let you down (repeatedly) in the same year. Like I said, not an ounce of pride/silver lining from yesterday.  

• Like 1

Swindon, Watford,  - Whatever!!!Name the lot (too many to mention)

Didn’t it make 2016 all the sweeter though..? Man Utd and their ilk will never experience that degree of low…. They haven’t been there!

The thing about the other depressing moments, was that they were either heroic failures or when we were just genuinely awful (Stoke 2008 comes to mind). Yesterday was a team with 5 league winners, players with Champions League and World Cup experience who totally collapsed against a team on one of the worst runs in PL history, when a place in Europe was on the line. Absolutely abysmal. 

Edited by bovril

I'd rather we had a sh*t game yesterday in a very good season then have a sh*t half a decade which we had pretty much between 2004 and 2008. The football during that period was so bad we would have lost 7-1 yesterday every week. So I think a little perspective is needed. 

Newport was just funny really because we all knew it was coming I think, deep down. 

Yesterday was pretty bad but I’ve also not really been as invested after the restart to say it’s the worst. 

Watford was the worst. Hands down. I’ve still never watched that back to this day and I never will for as long as I live, and that’s even taking in to account what happened afterwards. 

Just now, shailen said:

I'd rather we had a sh*t game yesterday in a very good season then have a sh*t half a decade which we had pretty much between 2004 and 2008. The football during that period was so bad we would have lost 7-1 yesterday every week. So I think a little perspective is needed. 

We had shit players and no money. Obviously that period was far more depressing but yesterday was the most pathetic collapse since Bolton 2001. 

1)Cardiff - those 2 years as a Leicester fan were unreal to see such a turnaround and to go out like that left me quite numb

2)Stoke - ****ing depressing,rubbed even more salt in the wound that they had a pitch invasion over winning the league

3) - Watford, its more disbelief than anger, going into those I didnt think we were going to win them anyway

4) Portsmouth - It was comical, but we already played shit that season anyway,it wasnt really a step back down to reality

5) Last night - Missed the game so dont harbour the same amount of embarrassment,in away now I'm kind of grateful I can just accept top 4 is finished because it's been exhausting to keep deluding ourselves because the gap had been so massive to finally just accept it.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

From those 5, 1 being the worst I felt;

1) Kermo chipped it

2) Deeney

3) Stoke 0-0

4) Last night

5) Portsmouth

All those plus losing 4-3 to Swindon after coming back from 3-0down.

And it was never a penalty! 

1. Stoke was worst because the pain continued all summer and into the autumn 

2. Then comes the Watford play-off because we had the whole season turn from triumph to disaster in the blink of any eye, with no comeback 

3. After that, the Swindon play-off final because we performed a miracle and then threw it away in the last moment
4. Next that appalling penalty by Kermogant

5. Finally, Harlow Town. An abject humiliation.

If we manage to pull off top 4 after all yesterday will be forgotten, but for now I think it makes top (bottom) 5 for me. 

1. Stoke 2008

2. Sheff Wed 2008 - possibly even worse than the above

3. Cardiff 2010

4. Yesterday

5. Watford 2013

Since the Liverpool game we have generally been pretty average with a couple of exceptions - this was nothing compared to the Swindon game or Harlow as a boy but hurts now because it’s now - Rodgers is a god in decline - southampton have done us a favour but without Caglar and three tough games it’s just prolonged the misery - it’s the hope that kills you in the end...........

• Like 1

1. Swindon 1993

2. Blackburn 1992

3. Watford 2013

4. Cardiff 2010

5. Bournemouth 2020

... and a shout out to Arsenal 2016 (despite that season’s deliriously happy ending I was traumatised at the time... and for two weeks after)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, shailen said:

That was the worst period in our history. We were so bad with no hope and no chance.

However yesterday was the most awful 2 minutes and most costly in our history.

2004-08, each individual game meant nothing, yesterday will cost us millions of pounds and end our project before it’s started!

Utd dropping points today has made it even worse for me, we’d be in a great spot now if we had just a few more points...it feels like an absolute waste.

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:
  1. Stoke 0-0 (Relegated to league 1)
  2.  Yesterday
  3. Watford Playoffs
  4. Cardiff Playoffs
  5. Portsmouth 6-1 *The humiliation of this being on tv just about made it worse than the villa game. 

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which game has most affected you. I sulk about almost every game we lose but these ones were the ones I couldnt shake off. Im too young to remember some of the earlier heartbreaks well enough. 

1) Stoke ‘08
2) Watford ‘13
3) Bournemouth ‘20

4) Cardiff ‘10

5) Portsmouth ‘10

That’s in terms of how I felt at the time, from the best I remember. 

However, both play offs I was angry at the situation, not the team. Even Stoke ‘08 we went down fighting. Portsmouth was embarrassing but in the scheme of things, especially on that list, was unimportant. 

Last night what totally separated it from the rest was the pathetic capitulation and complete spinelessness in an important game. I’m still living in hope of a fight back, but I was still angry this morning not of the result but directly at the team. Maybe it was the years under Pearson that moulded this view but no matter the result it’s the fight shown that really matters, and that makes last night not necessarily worse in terms of feelings but it’s certainly a lot more bitter. 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That was the worst period in our history. We were so bad with no hope and no chance.

However yesterday was the most awful 2 minutes and most costly in our history.

2004-08, each individual game meant nothing, yesterday will cost us millions of pounds and end our project before it’s started!

Utd dropping points today has made it even worse for me, we’d be in a great spot now if we had just a few more points...it feels like an absolute waste.

Yesterday was one of the worst 20 mins I'd ever witnessed but it was bizarre. We hadn't played that badly up till that point and then one mistake and it all unraveled.

There's so many ifs and maybes in football, so I don't look at yesterday's performance in isolation. There's so many other games this season where we've gained points where we maybe didn't deserve to and lost points we shouldn't have. Therefore, we will end up where we deserve at the end of the season and if that is fifth then so be it.