Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (WORST 5)

The games that really got to me were

- Spurs league cup final

- Swindon Playoffs

- Deeney

And if I think about this game in comparison to how I felt after those 3, it doesn't even move the needle. As comically bad a collapse as it was.

Swansea Away 2017 is my worst. Might sound random but we lost 2-0 and it was our 6th consecutive league game without scoring and we looked doomed. I knew after that game one of two things was going to happen; we’d be relegated a season after winning the league or Ranieri would be gone. I was devastated as I knew whatever outcome would slightly taint what happened the year before 

One of mine I've not seen mentioned was the Cup semi final loss at Villa against Spurs.

Wycombe and Harlow were terrible too.

Seems I'm more of a cup disappointment man. I guess relegation in the league is more an over the year thing for me.

Stoke relegation. We had some great players on paper, Stephen Clemence had just been Birmingham's POTY, Oakley and Howard were playing PL football and were proven quality Championship players. ' Too good to go down' was repeated a lot. Suppose we can laugh about it now but the anger and disappointment after that season will never leave me lol 

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

How on earth is anyone comparing this to cup final defeats, playoff defeats and relegations 😂 fourth in the premier league and its the lowest you’ve ever felt, get a grip. 

To be honest mate that 0-0 draw and all day drive to Holloway's Plymouth was probably worse than Sunday!

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Can I ask why you think it’s a knee jerk reaction to feel it’s one of the top 5 or even the worse ? I can’t remember feeling worse then this after a Leicester defeat. That certainly isn’t knee jerk 24 hours after the event. 

For me, it hurts a lot because we gave up. We performed like imbeciles and tactical errors were made. It also hurts because I rated a fair few players on the pitch. Compare that to Cardiff - we worked our socks off and yeah it hurt but I was still proud, same with Watford, Swindon in the play offs and even at Stoke on the last day, though we were piss poor, the players on the pitch that day were simply not good enough. 

Yesterday was a disaster. No pride from that and it’s happen so many times, I don’t even want to look at those players. I’ve watched Kasper’s kick out so many times today it’s like I can’t understand what he thought he was doing. This is an international, world class (yes, world class ranked) keeper and he does that. I then watch Fuchs basically make a worse error then a five year old playing the game for the first time. I’m not being critical, I’m livid and at the same time disappointed. It’s not knee jerk when those who you have utmost faith in let you down (repeatedly) in the same year. Like I said, not an ounce of pride/silver lining from yesterday.  

Yes sorry, knee jerk probably wasn't the right term. And I suppose we are talking about 'how you felt' rather than 'worse moments' - so it's all just subjective and who am I to question someone's else subjective experience?

But obviously getting relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history is worse than losing away to Bournemouth in the PL and being 5th. 

Don't get me wrong, Sunday hurts like hell, particularly since a win would have almost certainly guaranteed 5th (barring Wolves and Sheffield both getting maximum points). And now Man U have dropped points too so a win would have put us in a good position for 4th. 

And I totally agree that it was one of the worst collapses in recent memory. Yes we've lost premier league games in recent years like Man City 5-1, Palace 5-0, Spurts 6-1 etc, but none of them were collapses with us losing our heads like Sunday. 

But I can't really fathom anyone saying it is our worst ever moment 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

I might have missed it but no one has said 0-5 to a newly promotion Bolton in 2001 on the opening day of the season?

That would make my worst 5, you knew that was going to be long, long season and the middle of the end.

It's a contender for sure but Wycombe haunted us for the next 8 years. That was the moment it all went sour. Bolton was an add-on.

Wycombe were never heard of again. Well by some amazing coincidence until last night.:D

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Some of us posted first half yesterday that missing those chances would come back and bite us.

It was hardly shocking. It was symptomatic of a mentally fragile team suffering a load of injuries with a manager who has lost his mojo.

The second half was so inept it was a Ron Burgundy "I'm not even mad with you" moment.

The playoffs we lost in the 90s, Stoke in 2008 and Kermo hurt a lot more.  

(I was out of the country and out of contact on Deeney day so can't comment on that).

Deeney wasn’t that bad really, well for me anyway, as Knockaert got exactly what he deserved for a shameful dive and shameful arrogance. The cup final and playoff final defeats along with Kermit and league one relegation would be top 5 with a honourable mention to being sat in the Trent End when Forest smashed us 5-1.

• Like 1

At huge risk of alienating a lot of people here (I know, I know), and although I share your pain and sympathise with why this sort of thread exists....

Oh I can't be bothered - knock yourselves out. I hope it is cathartic, rather than reinforcing of your pain.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes sorry, knee jerk probably wasn't the right term. And I suppose we are talking about 'how you felt' rather than 'worse moments' - so it's all just subjective and who am I to question someone's else subjective experience?

But obviously getting relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in our history is worse than losing away to Bournemouth in the PL and being 5th. 

Don't get me wrong, Sunday hurts like hell, particularly since a win would have almost certainly guaranteed 5th (barring Wolves and Sheffield both getting maximum points). And now Man U have dropped points too so a win would have put us in a good position for 4th. 

And I totally agree that it was one of the worst collapses in recent memory. Yes we've lost premier league games in recent years like Man City 5-1, Palace 5-0, Spurts 6-1 etc, but none of them were collapses with us losing our heads like Sunday. 

But I can't really fathom anyone saying it is our worst ever moment 

I said it’s our ‘worst ever moment’ because firstly this was a question about ranking the ‘worst 5 I’ve ever felt after a game’ and secondly all this considered with our fixtures compared the our competitors, I knew to have any realistic chance to get top 4, we HAD to beat Bournemouth and the way we threw it away, was the worst I’ve ever seen and as this topic states, it was the worst I’ve ever felt by a mile since I’ve been supporting city(since 1997 from afar and since 2002 properly).

Not only this, the punishment for failing in that game will cost us millions of pounds, our squad breaking up and another year older for our world class striker and best player in our clubs history plus our older cb and goalie. It would be not only a huge loss for the club to not play CL football but the consequences will be far greater in the coming seasons from failing to do so.

I hope I’m wrong but I see us as dark horses to be relegated within the next few years potentially - it only takes a few changes and bad replacements of transfers and it can all change, and if we got CL football it would be much less likely, that for the next few years at least, we would have anything to worry about.

We have been in an upward cycle pretty much since 2008. It’s been a great progression and CL continues that. Bournemouth on Sunday was the first moment I felt ‘this could be the start of the end’ and at the time(and still do) felt that it was the worst moment I’ve ever felt watching Leicester.

Of course, if we got CL and the consequences wernt met then I’d change my mind, not about how I felt on the actual moment but it would not be the worst moment then , however I think it’s very unlikely and there is an inevitability about what will happen now because of those 2 minutes we decided to blow 11 months of hard work!

Yes Stoke, Cardiff and Watford were all bad moments but in all 3 of them I didn’t feel anywhere near as angry and felt like it was the end.

Stoke was the saddest but there was an element of relief and excitement. We were only going to get better and I wasn’t fearing we were going to drop, we had nothing to lose! We are a huge club for that level and we were only going to get back up eventually.

Cardiff, that season we punched so far above our weight. Was an incredible achievement and season(in fact I’d go as far to say as 09/10 was possibly the most overachieving season we’ve had relative to the squad since I’ve been following).

All season I was proud to support us, we performed so well and that summed us by the heroic effort in South Wales. It was unbelievably upsetting and I was deflated when kermagont decided to be a pr*ck but I wasn’t angry, our progress was brilliant and until Nigel left I was confident we would improve! I also felt we wernt ready to go up so we might of been better to progress slower.

Watford Deeney was shocking at the time but after A few hours it was clear, we fought well vs a Watford team a lot better than us. We’d done great to get to the playoffs and take it the distance.

We also had a fantastic team and I knew we’d have a great chance the season after.

Out of all of them, this 1 is the least shocking in terms of the next few hours after it had finished because I didn’t feel the consequences would cost us at all.

Id argue Cardiff away felt like we wouldn’t get a chance the season after and be a mid table championship team again and there was a slight scare that Stoke relegation would cause us to spend a few years in league 1 but the deeney day I was not even that upset a few hours after!

• Thanks 1

5. Cardiff - that penalty 

4. Watford - surreal. One minute thought we were going to Wembley and next minute we weren’t 

3. Bournemouth 20 - not really as bad as the two above but it’s still fresh and the lack of character really pissed me off 

2. Stoke - we’d never been down to League One. Took me a long time to get over that one 

1. Wedding Day - 30 years of hurt

Hundreds to choose from but off the top of my head...

Wycombe FA Cup....still fuming to this day

1-5 Forest away can't remember the year

Stoke away relegation to league 1

Swindon Wembley...still haven't got over it

Watford Playoffs

17 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Has anyone mentioned Atletico in the 1997 UEFA cup when Parker got sent off for taking a free kick too quickly?

Although that was anger at the officials not the team

Forgot that, how could I? 

Absolutely seething for weeks afterwards.

5 hours ago, lildave3 said:

How on earth is anyone comparing this to cup final defeats, playoff defeats and relegations 😂 fourth in the premier league and its the lowest you’ve ever felt, get a grip. 

Its a feeling isnt it. I mean you could easily lose a cup final as a fan but still feel optimistic for the future i.e. see the silver lining shortly after the deflation. You can definitely feel that after a play off defeat. What i think a fair few have felt on this occasion is the embarrassment of the defeat, combined with the down turn in form from the previous months which makes people immediately or shortly after feel very low. The question is does someone feel the optimism for the target after a defeat like that - you would say probably not given where the team has been in recent months. 

• Like 2

1) Watford - play-off heartbreak. 97th-minute penalty missed and Deeney scored immediately at the other end

2) Stoke - Relegated to League One after 0-0 draw. Stoke were promoted.

3) Cardiff - Lost in the penalty shootout. Kermogant chips the ball straight into the keepers hands.

4) Forest - Thrashed 5-1. Robert Earnshaw scored a Hatrick.

5) Palace - Thrashed 5-0 away from home.

17 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

Stoke relegation. We had some great players on paper, Stephen Clemence had just been Birmingham's POTY, Oakley and Howard were playing PL football and were proven quality Championship players. ' Too good to go down' was repeated a lot. Suppose we can laugh about it now but the anger and disappointment after that season will never leave me lol 

If I remember correctly we had the best defence in the league. How often does a defensively sound side get relegated. We just couldn’t score for toffee

13 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Its a feeling isnt it. I mean you could easily lose a cup final as a fan but still feel optimistic for the future i.e. see the silver lining shortly after the deflation. You can definitely feel that after a play off defeat. What i think a fair few have felt on this occasion is the embarrassment of the defeat, combined with the down turn in form from the previous months which makes people immediately or shortly after feel very low. The question is does someone feel the optimism for the target after a defeat like that - you would say probably not given where the team has been in recent months. 

I agree with this. A loss is a loss and it's hardly a cup final or relegation. 

For me it was a longer term fear for next season and beyond. Non qualification equals potential loss of some great young talent and also a much lesser ability to attract new talent as agents and players from abroad may see us as a team in steep decline and give us a miss.

We could also now be lumbered with a manager who we can't afford to sack and then give him and his doubtful sidekick a bundle of money which they'll spend like drunks in an off license leaving us lumbered with half a team of expensive Slinani's and Silva's that we can't shift for years.

Of course, I may just be an eternal pessimist and everything will be absolutely fine.

Stoke

cardiff

watford

definite top 3. Plenty of others could fill top 5. Vividly remember a Norwich 0-1 home defeat on NYE to a Paul McVeigh goal? Levein era. Was utter shite and just depressing. For some reason that particular game put a real downer on NYE