Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (WORST 5)

1. Stoke 0-0 (Relegated to league 1)
  2.  Yesterday
  3. Watford Playoffs
  4. Cardiff Playoffs
  5. Portsmouth 6-1 *The humiliation of this being on tv just about made it worse than the villa game. 

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which game has most affected you. I sulk about almost every game we lose but these ones were the ones I couldnt shake off. Im too young to remember some of the earlier heartbreaks well enough. 

• Haha 1

Some of us posted first half yesterday that missing those chances would come back and bite us.

It was hardly shocking. It was symptomatic of a mentally fragile team suffering a load of injuries with a manager who has lost his mojo.

The second half was so inept it was a Ron Burgundy "I'm not even mad with you" moment.

The playoffs we lost in the 90s, Stoke in 2008 and Kermo hurt a lot more.  

(I was out of the country and out of contact on Deeney day so can't comment on that).

• Like 1

Worst 5 of the above list

5. Portsmouth 6-1. Missed that one so cant comment

4. Cardiff 2010. A lousy ending from Kermorgant but all in all a very satisfying season. One of the best since the end of 2000.

3. Watford 2013. A lousy ending again but it was more bad luck than anything. We poxed it at Forest lets face it. Like 2010 lads left it all on the pitch. It worked out quite well overall though.

2. Stoke 2008. A horrible day but was brewing for a good 3 to 4 years. The defeat to the owls 8 days earlier sealed our fate.

1. Last Night. Might change over time but a disastrous 45 minutes. The worst by far since the revival.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Can I also mention Harlow Town, 1980 FA Cup 3rd round. I was very young and it was then I realised what it was to follow City.

That really was the pits.

And being 2-0 down at home to Leatherhead was a close call.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Swindon playoff final

Athletico Madrid CL 1/4 final

Blackburn playoff final

Spurs league cup final

League 1 relegation

CL 1/4 final a good shout  but which leg and how did you feel?

I was angry and cheated about the Albrighton peno (still do) but fairly resigned to going out by the end and quite proud after the 2nd leg performance.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

In the grand scheme of things, yesterday really only registers because it was yesterday.

Can I also mention Harlow Town, 1980 FA Cup 3rd round. I was very young and it was then I realised what it was to follow City.

Plus honorable mention to Spurs FA Cup SF loss in '82 and Chelsea FA Cup loss in '97 in addition to the Wycombe disaster.

If fact there's been dozens of games over the years where I felt more affected by the result than last night.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I cba to get the massive hump over losing a game of football anymore.

Since we won the PL I've become a bit like "whatever, it's only a game".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

CL 1/4 final a good shout  but which leg and how did you feel?

I was angry and cheated about the Albrighton peno (still do) but fairly resigned to going out by the end and quite proud after the 2nd leg performance.

As huge underdogs in this one, I didn’t actually feel that bad. Hugely disappointed but I was so proud of what we’d done

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 was horrific. Probably the worse for me.

Kermo chip was worse than Deeney for me also because it was the first time I'd seen us in a play off campaign and to get there having just got promoted was a great season. And the final at Wembley was on my 18th birthday that year. I genuinely thought it was gonna be us.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:
  1. Stoke 0-0 (Relegated to league 1)
  2.  Yesterday
  3. Watford Playoffs
  4. Cardiff Playoffs
  5. Portsmouth 6-1 *The humiliation of this being on tv just about made it worse than the villa game. 

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which game has most affected you. I sulk about almost every game we lose but these ones were the ones I couldnt shake off. Im too young to remember some of the earlier heartbreaks well enough. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

There were multiple in 16/17 to be fair, Southampton you mention was bad, Hull first game of the season, Man U at home and Swansea away were all shite as well. 

Yeah true but I felt that 3-0 at Southampton was when I felt that Ranieri should go. He had lost the plot playing a diamond and you could tell he had no idea how to fix it.

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Bloody hell some of you pups can’t remember losing 7-1 at Newcastle, on ITV I think, total humiliation! Last night was dire but in context was nothing like as bad pre 2015. 

We were 6-0 down at half time I seem to recall! :D

• Like 2