Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

To be fair if it's an extra chance of European competition I'm all for it. I've spent my entire life dreaming of seeing Leicester in Europe and just because we have done it twice in recent years doesn't mean we should get greedy and take it for granted. The more opportunity for European competition the better for me.

Same here. Would happily take any European trips and any European trophy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah if for some reason we had finished third in our Europa League group I would take an away day against some small side we can't even find on a map rather than having nothing. Football for me is as much about the experiences of following the club home and away as it is about anything else. This competition could provide that if we underperform some years.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not if it’s in some Mickey Mouse competition that nobody cares about winning. The Europa league itself is bad enough, teams fighting to finish top 6 and then not wanting to fully compete in it, a conference league would lose even more value. Would just be like the carabao cup and Europa league, you only really care until you get deep into the knockout rounds, but even more so. 

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Another question I have is will the new Conference League winners get a Champions League place? If so it could provide a fairly easy route in.

No. Europa League place I believe.

Edited by reynard
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not if it’s in some Mickey Mouse competition that nobody cares about winning. The Europa league itself is bad enough, teams fighting to finish top 6 and then not wanting to fully compete in it, a conference league would lose even more value. Would just be like the carabao cup and Europa league, you only really care until you get deep into the knockout rounds, but even more so. 

I would take ANY European trip year after year, wouldn't matter what competition, it's all about the experience for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I would take ANY European trip year after year, wouldn't matter what competition, it's all about the experience for me.

Fair enough. I’d like to agree but when you go to a lesser important cup match there’s a totally different feel about the atmosphere and build up. Nothing better than the nervous build up to a crucial prem/European game and the atmosphere at the ground. Although am beginning to forget how that feels 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

What are uefa smoking? There is zero interest in europa conference leauge. Its a competition no one asked for.

Depends whether Sky, Amazon, ITV or BBC take it up and of course if the PL is back to normal TV levels

Christ...that's what 96 european teams?

How the hell do you fill that up. Talk about diminishing the value. 

Europa league I get because there are some teams that are big just not quite big enough to be in the Champs League - Celtic, being a prime example :D

But surely it's better to have maybe a larger champions league, but early rounds are straight knock-out? 

Oh, wait - that doesn't make enough money

38 minutes ago, davieG said:

Depends whether Sky, Amazon, ITV or BBC take it up and of course if the PL is back to normal TV levels

My guess is that the rights for this will be pennies (relatively speaking) - if BBC or Amazon buy the rights I'd be likely to watch

40 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Christ...that's what 96 european teams?
How the hell do you fill that up. Talk about diminishing the value.

Jumble.JPG.b18a8a5eb2276b862dcacc0638643873.JPG

Unscramble these letters to form the Surprise Answer:

E U R O P A C O N F E R E N C E L E A G U E

Answer:

ONE FEC*IN’ CRAP EURO LEAGUE

Missed it?  Try again tomorrow!

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes but it was a little easier to come to an agreement on the £30m stadium, rather than one that had it been bespoke would have cost 5 times as much. It would have been even worse for us.

There is a book out regarding us this that I've got a home called "what if" all about what would have happened if the club had gone under etc... good read though some parts are little far fetched. They reckon we would have sold the Walkers Stadium (KP) to the Tigers, groundshared with them for a while till built another new stadium...

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

There is a book out regarding us this that I've got a home called "what if" all about what would have happened if the club had gone under etc... good read though some parts are little far fetched. They reckon we would have sold the Walkers Stadium (KP) to the Tigers, groundshared with them for a while till built another new stadium...

I can't imagine Tigers would have been able to buy it if it had cost north of £100m for a bespoke stadium