Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/soccer - UEFA Club Competitions - New Format: An Illustrated Guide

Think this deserves to go here, it's the way clubs are allocated into Europe next season. Bit hard to follow, but if this was applied this season, we'd have played one game less I believe, as Europa group winners are guaranteed to miss Champions League 3rd place teams. 

The biggest change is finishing 3rd in the Europa qualifies you for a super mickey mouse European which every Premier League team will be trying to crash out of at the first available opportunity. 

To be fair I think this just makes the Europa League better. If any English clubs ever makes it isn’t that awfully named competition they’ll just send the ressies. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I would take ANY European trip year after year, wouldn't matter what competition, it's all about the experience for me.

Its like all These suggestions I suppose. Over many years we have seen Football authorities, create, & change the set up of European competions...Bit

and each fan will look at changes & World-Football presentation in the same manner...

What they themselves expect & want from the experience...( & Why not..). :dunno:

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/soccer - UEFA Club Competitions - New Format: An Illustrated Guide

Think this deserves to go here, it's the way clubs are allocated into Europe next season. Bit hard to follow, but if this was applied this season, we'd have played one game less I believe, as Europa group winners are guaranteed to miss Champions League 3rd place teams. 

The biggest change is finishing 3rd in the Europa qualifies you for a super mickey mouse European which every Premier League team will be trying to crash out of at the first available opportunity. 

I still think if they wanted a third European competition, a European Cup Winners Cup should have been brought back.

It wouldn’t be seen as a B competition, but something very different- make it a straight knockout competition one off games not two legs so it would be really a maximum of 6 or 7 games - with a CL place for the winner.

It would be good exciting cup football and teams would take it more seriously.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I still think if they wanted a third European competition, a European Cup Winners Cup should have been brought back.

It wouldn’t be seen as a B competition, but something very different- make it a straight knockout competition one off games not two legs so it would be really a maximum of 6 or 7 games - with a CL place for the winner.

It would be good exciting cup football and teams would take it more seriously.

I think that the 3rd european competition should be their money maker. 

A champions cup. All league winners in straight knockout, unseeded. 

A cup winners cup with same format for FA cups.

The 3rd could be their Champions leagie format with teams who finish 2nd and 3rd in the league. The one they would make most money on because it has the likes of Spurs, Roma, Benfica and the like. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think that the 3rd european competition should be their money maker. 

A champions cup. All league winners in straight knockout, unseeded. 

A cup winners cup with same format for FA cups.

The 3rd could be their Champions leagie format with teams who finish 2nd and 3rd in the league. The one they would make most money on because it has the likes of Spurs, Roma, Benfica and the like. 

I was going to write something snarky about 'cup winners cup' and the past, but my lack of wit betrayed me.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

There is a book out regarding us this that I've got a home called "what if" all about what would have happened if the club had gone under etc... good read though some parts are little far fetched. They reckon we would have sold the Walkers Stadium (KP) to the Tigers, groundshared with them for a while till built another new stadium...

I’m sure a groundshare idea was mooted around 2005/2006 and was actually put in the match day programme as feasible? Am I making that up?

Edited by Fox in the North

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

I looked at this, then looked at the table and found that Man City (in first place) would be 8 points above Man Utd (in second place)

That's correct as the score stands now (1 - 1), but at 1 - 0 to Man City it was 10 points to both us and Man U.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m sure a groundshare idea was mooted around 2005/2006 and was actually put in the match day programme as feasible? Am I making that up?

It was, I'm sure Tigers were considered the dominant party too.

Remember seeing mock ups in the paper of the stadium being coloured half green and half blue 🤮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

That's correct as the score stands now (1 - 1), but at 1 - 0 to Man City it was 10 points to both us and Man U.

Don't think it's that weird (or as you imply, 'big sixy') to say the team in first is x points in front of the team in second without mentioning the team in third, even if the latter are on the same points.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

It was, I'm sure Tigers were considered the dominant party too.

Remember seeing mock ups in the paper of the stadium being coloured half green and half blue 🤮

Yeah i remember that mock up too! I’ve just been trying to find it on google. Mercifully it appears to have been purged from existence lol