Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Perhaps. But his stats are outta the world and without him they’d be nowhere near UCL and he’s saved Gollum’s job for now. 

Okay this will perhaps be controversial but I'll explain my opinion. I've watched almost every match he's played this season and I've noticed some key faults. The main being how selfish he is. He tries the spectacular pass or shot every single time and loses possession far too much. I have no doubt he has the ability to be world class but I often think he harms Man Utd more than he helps them. He wastes so many good moves and I will put my neck on the line and say that if he doesn't play I think they would get at least as many goals, if not more. 

If he can improve his decision making. ie do some of the simple stuff better and only try the spectacular at the right moments I have no doubt he could be great. I hope this makes sense lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Saint Maximin is a great player - offload Perez back to the Geordies + £20m

Agreed. I've thought for quite a while now, that he'd be good for us. Big, strong and good on the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Okay this will perhaps be controversial but I'll explain my opinion. I've watched almost every match he's played this season and I've noticed some key faults. The main being how selfish he is. He tries the spectacular pass or shot every single time and loses possession far too much. I have no doubt he has the ability to be world class but I often think he harms Man Utd more than he helps them. He wastes so many good moves and I will put my neck on the line and say that if he doesn't play I think they would get at least as many goals, if not more. 

If he can improve his decision making. ie do some of the simple stuff better and only try the spectacular at the right moments I have no doubt he could be great. I hope this makes sense lol

That’s fair enough mate. I’m happy to accept a well balanced argument. But I do think without him particularly over recent months they’d be an average team without him. His vision and ability to pick the pass is key. He has his faults but players outside of messi and CR all do lol  we can agree he is a rat though right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

That’s fair enough mate. I’m happy to accept a well balanced argument. But I do think without him particularly over recent months they’d be an average team without him. His vision and ability to pick the pass is key. He has his faults but players outside of messi and CR all do lol  we can agree he is a rat though right? 

We'll never know for sure. His goal and assist record is extraordinary I have to admit.

But yeah the only thing we can know for certain is he's definitely a rat lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I listented to him in an interview and seemed pretty decent tbf I think its because he plays for Man Utd he gets that tag

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Steve Bruce has got a really odd face. It's compact at the sides and wide in the middle.

Was trying to imagine what the police photo-fit artist might draw from that description. :blink:

Apparantly suds fans do not want Rogers when Jose goes, they are such tossers:P we are 2nd and 13 points above them:scarf:

SO, WHAT DID THESE SPURS FANS HAVE TO SAY IN RESPONSE TO THIS NEWS ABOUT RODGERS AND LEVY?

“We don’t want to choke halfway through the season even more”

@SabitzerProp

“This would be a step down.”

@adamh6341

“Too big a club for him. He’s a mid table coach.”

@PambiancoLucas

“no thanks” 

@thfcniaa

“What has Brendan Rogers won ? If he was a serial winner why did Liverpool get rid of him and why haven’t Chelsea ever gone for him ? Just saying”

@mohammedkhan78

“Brendan Rodgers? As in the man that learnt all he knows from Jose Mourinho you mean?” 

@Lewis_c12SG

“No we don’t want him, I’d prefer Jose”

@malex200311

“Imagine the injuries, imagine the bottling. Omg.”

@thfcleo

“If this happens I quit football I stg”

@KC_Jack87

“He’d take the term Spursy to new levels”

@N17Yids_

“Oh No”

@TOTTENHAMI4EVER

“no thanks”

@thfcniaa

Looking at the replies to this post, it appears that these Spurs fans would not be happy to see Rodgers take over from Mourinho at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I agree. It sounds controversial but he is not a great all round player. The comparisons to KDB are laughable. His passing are not great. So many misplaced passes. Plus he is selfish. 

He will probably go on to score the winner and this will be quoted. But j dtanf by my opinion.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Apparantly suds fans do not want Rogers when Jose goes, they are such tossers:P we are 2nd and 13 points above them:scarf:

SO, WHAT DID THESE SPURS FANS HAVE TO SAY IN RESPONSE TO THIS NEWS ABOUT RODGERS AND LEVY?

@SabitzerProp

@adamh6341

@PambiancoLucas

“no thanks” 

@thfcniaa

“What has Brendan Rogers won ? If he was a serial winner why did Liverpool get rid of him and why haven’t Chelsea ever gone for him ? Just saying”

@mohammedkhan78

“Brendan Rodgers? As in the man that learnt all he knows from Jose Mourinho you mean?” 

@Lewis_c12SG

@malex200311

@thfcleo

@KC_Jack87

@N17Yids_

“Oh No”

@TOTTENHAMI4EVER

“no thanks”

@thfcniaa

Looking at the replies to this post, it appears that these Spurs fans would not be happy to see Rodgers take over from Mourinho at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

There's one comment missing, and it ends like this 'YOU DO THE MATHS!'

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

@SabitzerProp

@adamh6341

@PambiancoLucas

“no thanks” 

@thfcniaa

@mohammedkhan78

@Lewis_c12SG

@malex200311

@thfcleo

@KC_Jack87

@N17Yids_

“Oh No”

@TOTTENHAMI4EVER

“no thanks”

@thfcniaa

Rodgers has individually won over half the number of trophies in his short managerial career than spurs have in their history. (8 and 15)