Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

You can see Maguire clearly looking to obstruct him too. This was literally the point of VAR - very hard for the on field refs to see that, but clear as day a foul. 

On the VAR theme, didn't really get Bamford's whinge about it. The lino flagged him off, so that goal wasn't going to stand regardless of VAR (unless it showed he was actually onside)

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Please get a grip .......  soft pens are soft pens ....United have already got a larger share of soft pens ( pre var ) than most and VAR wont change that because it’s not a clear and obvious error 

to think that there is some kind of conspiracy ongoing is just nonsense ...... referees are human beings and will always unconsciously favour the bigger clubs ..... just as we will begin to get softer pens in our favour as we establish ourselves in the top six area. 

and we have had pens given that, if they hadn’t, would not then have seen the call overturned by VAR. 

I disagree regarding the bigger clubs. I regularly watch Arsenal as one of my best mates is an Arsenal fan, they get ****ed over loads by referees and VAR lol I think the majority of decisions almost even themselves out for all teams, except Arsenal and United, Arsenal hardly ever get any decisions in their favour and United tend to get most of the decisions go for them.

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm so surprised I thought the relegation scrap was all over but suddenly Fulham have gave themselves some hope. What doesn't sound great for Newcastle fans, that Bruce in his time in Premier League as manager has suffered three relegations. That may be the most any manager has suffered at this level.

Fulham haven't just given themselves hope!  They have already recaptured control of their fate.

Bottom6.JPG.63a4adb3f5203f098382968eb8e14983.JPG

They meet Newcastle on the final match of the season.  If they equal Newcastle's results the rest of the way, they just need to win it to send Ashley & Co down on goal difference.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, twister said:

wrong both were pens at city

So what went wrong with the wolves one .....did the var and on field ref between them not receive the memo that little old Leicester are under no circumstances to be allowed to get an advantage which will put additional pressure on the ‘top six’ .......

my nativity will enable me to enjoy football a lot more than your ‘well Informed’ situation ........ I dont suppose you have any strong views on other stuff  - just wonder if people who distrust the footballing authorities to that level have a similar attitude to all things authoritarian??

So what went wrong with the wolves one .....did the var and on field ref between them not receive the memo that little old Leicester are under no circumstances to be allowed to get an advantage which will put additional pressure on the ‘top six’ .......

my nativity will enable me to enjoy football a lot more than your ‘well Informed’ situation ........ I dont suppose you have any strong views on other stuff  - just wonder if people who distrust the footballing authorities to that level have a similar attitude to all things authoritarian??

Again your niave

But keep having your head in the clouds mate, this is a club that once wen't years without a penalty being awarded at old trafford. this is a club where refs have admitted having a unconscious bias there when they were refs. Call me cynical its served me well, I have rarley been wrong.I was the one not dancing around the ceilings about the british cycling dominance, or mario jones dominating, or lance armstrong. But again keep on your lane.

It's your birthday? :) 

Stay 'niave' fella :whistle:

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's your birthday? :) 

Stay 'niave' fella :whistle:

Jesus ..,,,,

I addressed the unconscious bias point and I accept it exists 

I do not accept (outside of the normal  commercial agreements ) that there is a conspiracy within the footballing authorities to ensure man United (or any of the ‘big six’ ) retain their positions .....

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Jesus ..,,,,

I addressed the unconscious bias point and I accept it exists 

I do not accept (outside of the normal  commercial agreements ) that there is a conspiracy within the footballing authorities to ensure man United (or any of the ‘big six’ ) retain their positions .....

I wasn't making any serious point, I was just having fun. Plus, I was amusing myself at his spelling of naive... Sorry for any confusion.

Long may we still go unnoticed by the likes of Sky etc, at the end of the day their bread and butter are teams such as Man City, United, Liverpool etc, im absolutely fine with that, we are still quietly going about our business, getting results and (how we are doing it I dont know) still keeping players who we know are world class for us, slightly under the radar, if you want honest opinions and coverage check out fan channels on Youtube, you get a much better understanding from neutral fans about not only our club but many others, lets finish whats been yet another outstanding season strongly and the final league standings will make our point as big as it can be 🦊

• Like 4