Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The fact Willock didn’t complain at all tells you he certainly stood on his toe and thus there’s no chance it’s getting overturned. It’s another bullshit modern penalty, can’t defend the fact they’re given, but silly challenge to make when that’s all it takes these days

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

This kid looks about 13 years old

He’s just turned 17 so the commentary on the USA stream keeps saying, apparently he will be able to tell his grandkids that the great Marcus Rashford was hooked so he could make his debut 

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Anyone wasting their time watching Newcastle Vs Man UTD tonight?

"Under dog starts promisingly, is punished by a lucky Manchester United goal, goes to rat shit, looses by 3+ with the addition of a compulsory, somewhat questionable penalty".......AND REPEAT..

Spot on apart from the 3+ Win

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

What is your issue? I was not being rude, you assumed I knew something from a past post, saying double dutch means I do not understand what you are on about, bit odd to get uptight about that, what would you think if I just said to you DO THE MATHS?

I'm evidently not the one with the issue.

So the end of a decent weekend, and the top 7 are starting to move away from the rest of the pack a little. 
There are still 13/14 games left but if Man City win the League Cup and one of us, Man City, Man Utd and Everton win the FA Cup, I can see that being the 7 to get European spots.

I’m not sure anyone outside the top 7 now is consistent enough to put a run of games together similar to Man Utd last season.

Although all of that top 7 will fancy their chances of a top 4 finish.

• Like 1

Another insipid, uninspiring performance by United. Ole appears to have little idea about how to set a team up. He relies on moments of individual brilliance from the top talent he has at his disposal and plenty of favourable refereeing decisions to bail him out. We look far more like a top 4 team at present as we have a manager who can compete tactically with the best in the game. Make no mistake, we are the second best team in the division at present (a 9 - 0 drubbing of a woeful Saints cannot disguise that fact), The media darlings have a tough schedule coming up and I think it will further expose Ole's tactical deficiencies. We are where we deserve to be and this current incarnation of LCFC is a different beast to the one that so narrowly missed out on CL qualification last year. I am confident that we are about to take the next step on our incredible rise to the summit of English football. Heady days indeed, but unlike our previous trip to the summit, this time we are building something that is sustainable.   

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

I feel Fulham might stay up this year, probably at the expense of Newcastle. Imagine how hilarious it would be for Wilson and Fraser to leave Bournemouth for PL football only to be relegated again, and Bournemouth then gets promoted the very same season. 

I'm so surprised I thought the relegation scrap was all over but suddenly Fulham have gave themselves some hope. What doesn't sound great for Newcastle fans, that Bruce in his time in Premier League as manager has suffered three relegations. That may be the most any manager has suffered at this level.

Edited by Leicesterpool