Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, adejo92 said:

Anyone wasting their time watching Newcastle Vs Man UTD tonight?

"Under dog starts promisingly, is punished by a lucky Manchester United goal, goes to rat shit, looses by 3+ with the addition of a the compulsory penalty".......AND REPEAT..

Yeah as it gives me some time alone lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Wouldn't a Newcastle win be so cool?

Won't happen of course. I think they will be down this season actually

I think they could do it. Newcastle are good enough to pull off an upset as they've show this season already. I think Newcastle are criticised unfairly this season. Man Utd are poor at home and are on a bad run. 

26 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

"Under dog starts promisingly, is punished by a lucky Manchester United goal, goes to rat shit, looses by 3+ with the addition of a compulsory, somewhat questionable penalty".......AND REPEAT..

Newcastle have started brightly and man u look rattled..... I've been sucked in, haven't I!

• Haha 1

Dean Smith moaning about Grealish's injury being leaked

"I was made aware on social media there were rumours he was not going to play," said Smith.

"If that is coming out of our training ground I will find out where it is coming from and reprimand whoever it is coming from.

"It is something I would not be happy with."

I find this kind of interesting, Brendan Rodgers always gives updates on injuries days before in press conferences or even after the previous games. I kind of like his honesty in this way as it's showing they don't need pony tricks as we're confident with other players. What's the normal practise on this kind of situation? To keep hush? 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

"I was made aware on social media there were rumours he was not going to play," said Smith.

"If that is coming out of our training ground I will find out where it is coming from and reprimand whoever it is coming from.

I find this kind of interesting, Brendan Rodgers always gives updates on injuries days before in press conferences or even after the previous games. I kind of like his honesty in this way as it's showing they don't need pony tricks as we're confident with other players. What's the normal practise on this kind of situation? To keep hush? 

This kind?

EntireUglyFritillarybutterfly-small.gif

• Haha 1

The title is man citys to lose. Given the 10 pt gap at this point of the season, it is much harder for our club to  overcome that than if we were in first and they were chasing us. I thinknwe need to focus more on securing champions league which to be honest is the harder challenge right now given how tight it is with the clubs around us.

Its a dog fight of say 6 to 8 clubs to get 3 champion  league spots.

37 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes. Then we went on a run of winning 3, drawing 4 and losing 6. We only picked up another 13 points and yet still finished 5th. If we’d have beaten Man Utd in the last game of the season we would still have made top four.

You’d like to think we’d win a few more this time around. Two or three more wins than last time (5 or 6 overall) might be all that we need 

We were  12 points clear of 5th ...this time it’s 6.  So have to aim for that 70 point mark this time. 

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

"If that is coming out of our training ground I will find out where it is coming from and reprimand whoever it is coming fro

"It is something I would not be happy with."m.

Depends on the manager, I work for a media dept at a football league club and we've had a manager say a player is out for a few days when everyone at the club knew he'd had an operation and it was 10 weeks out!

Brendan seems very open and transparent. 

• Thanks 1

If Newcastle actually get something here it will have been the almost perfect round of games for us. Would be a great boost as previously we seemed to have missed our chances to make ground. In a perfect world of course Man City would have lost and started a bad run but we can’t have everything.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

"Under dog starts promisingly, is punished by a lucky Manchester United goal, goes to rat shit, looses by 3+ with the addition of a compulsory, somewhat questionable penalty".......AND REPEAT..

Another ref from the North West - do they all come from the Manchester/Liverpool area!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The title is man citys to lose. Given the 10 pt gap at this point of the season, it is much harder for our club to  overcome that than if we were in first and they were chasing us. I thinknwe need to focus more on securing champions league which to be honest is the harder challenge right now given how tight it is with the clubs around us.

Its a dog fight of say 6 to 8 clubs to get 3 champion  league spots.

Luckily for us, the way we concentrate on CL is exactly the same way we’d focus on winning the prem. 

15 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Their version of SFE

Sean from Erdington perhaps 

• Haha 2