Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Will there be Leicester fans cheering on Chelsea tomorrow against Man Utd?

I wouldn't be surprised as I remember last season people cheering on a CL rival against Man City as they wanted to finish second and put more value on that than securing 4th place at the risk of finishing 5th. 

• Like 2

Personally want us to make top 4 above all after last season, we have to seize the moment to make us a viable long term club.

Finishing top 4 now could make more title races (am I really thinking this?!) possible in the future. 

Therefore I’m desperate for any one below us to drop points from now on!

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't be surprised as I remember last season people cheering on a CL rival against Man City as they wanted to finish second and put more value on that than securing 4th place at the risk of finishing 5th. 

It's a fixture where any outcome has an upside, for me anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Our failures last season have nothing to do with fans on this forum wishing for any kind of results nor will it be relevant if the same happens again

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Draw is always the best result in those kind of games. I believe it would be in the Man City West Ham one too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I just want West Ham to **** the **** off to be honest 

Don't get this attitude, we all have teams we don't like and if this is the case with West Ham and you then I understand your comments, but the more 'smaller' teams or teams that aren't traditionally up the higher end of the league the better, the more teams that upset 'the clique' and media the better - aslong as that doesn't come at the expense of ourselves obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Our failures last season have nothing to do with fans on this forum wishing for any kind of results nor will it be relevant if the same happens again

Agreed, what anyone wants is irrelevant to the outcome, doesn't make me think they have zero awareness of the situation though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Don't get this attitude, we all have teams we don't like and if this is the case with West Ham and you then I understand your comments, but the more 'smaller' teams or teams that aren't traditionally up the higher end of the league the better, the more teams that upset 'the clique' and media the better - aslong as that doesn't come at the expense of ourselves obviously.

You have to admit that Man City vs WHU really is the c**ty owners derby, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I remember them times well. 

Mental in them last ten games how many people couldn't genuinely grasp it, and its happening again this season.. Bonkers lol

• Like 3

Just now, Matt said:

The thing with West Ham is they are one of those teams which think they are bigger and more relevant than what they are. It’s annoying. However I could forgive that if it means they finish higher that one of the ‘big six’. One thing I can’t get over is their weird Slavia Prague love in. It just was weird and annoying and just hasn’t sat right with me. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

The thing with West Ham is they are one of those teams which think they are bigger and more relevant than what they are. It’s annoying. However I could forgive that if it means they finish higher that one of the ‘big six’. One thing I can’t get over is their weird Slavia Prague love in. It just was weird and annoying and just hasn’t sat right with me. 

Why do you care? Asking it in a friendly way - it really is not worth your attention.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

It would if we had a chance of catching Man City, but we haven't.

I get that it’s unlikely but personally I wouldn’t say it was impossible. While there’s a chance (in my mind) I’m going to dream. Maybe I’m foolish but to me a draw means two points being handed to rivals rather than three.