Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

On an England elated note at least Stones + Foden having great seasons ahead of the euros 

If only we didn't have thst prat in charge, we have an exceptional squad right now. There's no other nation with attackers and wingers as good as ours.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If only we didn't have thst prat in charge, we have an exceptional squad right now. There's no other nation with attackers and wingers as good as ours.

I feel his defensive attitude is going to cost us, all our talent is in attack... he seems to not see it though lol 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don't get this attitude, we all have teams we don't like and if this is the case with West Ham and you then I understand your comments, but the more 'smaller' teams or teams that aren't traditionally up the higher end of the league the better, the more teams that upset 'the clique' and media the better - aslong as that doesn't come at the expense of ourselves obviously.

Well I think you do understand this attitude because you’ve explained it right there mate 😎👍

The top 4/6 is bloody hard to crack on a consistent basis, purely down to money, European status + power which isn’t earned overnight. It’s likely to be one club of ‘our stature’ that can get in there. So obviously I choose us 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We even have three defenders (Stones, Maguire, TAA) who are great going forwards. We could really go to the euros playing exciting dominant football if Southgate had any ability as a manager!

• Like 2

Just now, peach0000 said:

We even have three defenders (Stones, Maguire, TAA) who are great going forwards. We could really go to the euros playing exciting dominant football if Southgate had any ability as a manager!

Nah it'll be the same old sideways passing, Kane on corner duty, beat the crap sides and lose to any half decent country 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Will there be Leicester fans cheering on Chelsea tomorrow against Man Utd?

I wouldn't be surprised as I remember last season people cheering on a CL rival against Man City as they wanted to finish second and put more value on that than securing 4th place at the risk of finishing 5th. 

A draw and a mass brawl resulting in a large number of suspensions for both sides.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Nah it'll be the same old sideways passing, Kane on corner duty, beat the crap sides and lose to any half decent country 

I can just see us sitting back and trying to defend with a defence of Pickford, TAA, Magurire, Stones, Chilwell. What a shit show that would be lol

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Well I think you do understand this attitude because you’ve explained it right there mate 😎👍

The top 4/6 is bloody hard to crack on a consistent basis, purely down to money, European status + power which isn’t earned overnight. It’s likely to be one club of ‘our stature’ that can get in there. So obviously I choose us 

Well its in our hands and down to ourself to make sure it isn't at our own expense.

If they're to join us in the 4 or 6 they're more than welcome to come along for the ride as far as i'm concerned.

The more teams pissing on the 'top' clubs and media's cornflakes the better.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I get that it’s unlikely but personally I wouldn’t say it was impossible. While there’s a chance (in my mind) I’m going to dream. Maybe I’m foolish but to me a draw means two points being handed to rivals rather than three.

No, it's not impossible, but it's as close as damnit. It would take a near perfect run from us and a pretty big wobble from them for us to catch them. Neither of those things are very likely, never mind both. They've got far more strength in depth than us and they are absolutely flying. 20 straight wins for them now and a 13 point gap to 2nd place with games running out. I think that gap will only grow from here. In my opinion, the title race is as good as over.

They will be useful for us because they will take points off our rivals for top 4.

• Like 1

What's all this West Ham and Slavia Prague love-in about? Because West Ham signed good players from them?

It's like us wanting Monaco to do well because they gave us Tielemans or Le Havre with Mahrez. Bit odd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

What's all this West Ham and Slavia Prague love-in about? Because West Ham signed good players from them?

It's like us wanting Monaco to do well because they gave us Tielemans or Le Havre with Mahrez. Bit odd.

I don't know about anyone else but I love to see Sporting Lisbon win.... :unsure:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No, it's not impossible, but it's as close as damnit. It would take a near perfect run from us and a pretty big wobble from them for us to catch them. Neither of those things are very likely, never mind both. They've got far more strength in depth than us and they are absolutely flying. 20 straight wins for them now and a 13 point gap to 2nd place with games running out. I think that gap will only grow from here. In my opinion, the title race is as good as over.

They will be useful for us because they will take points off our rivals for top 4.

Even assuming that Man City only average 2pts per game from here on in we would still need to win all of our last 13 games to overtake them. 

So even if we won every match between now and the end of the season we would still be odds against winning the title.

I'll cheer the bottom half teams on when they play Man City in the hope they have a Liverpool type collapse and we capitalise but hen they're playing the team below us in 4th place it's a no brainer where my loyalties lie.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Unfortunately, we have to play them too.