Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen that Brighton free kick, more refereeing incompetence compounded by VAR incompetence. Imagine being a fan at that game.

It's beneficial for all refs this season that there has been no fans. The amount of errors / stupid decisions including VAR has been ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really don't know if you can ever recover the mess they have created. I'm not saying that goal was directly because of VAR but the whole thing is just so out of kilter.

Said on 5live that without VAR the goal would have just been ruled out and there wouldn’t be this mess.

I don't get the criticism of VAR in this game. It actually has sorted the whole mess out correctly. The only person to blame is the on field ref for blowing the whistle the second time. Without VAR I believe the goal had been given after being initially ruled out. All VAR can do is correctly follow the rules which it did.

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Said on 5live that without VAR the goal would have just been ruled out and there wouldn’t be this mess.

That's kind of the point though. "This mess" is the only guarantee with VAR. I almost stop caring about what the outcome of a decision is during making it. People behind it have no concept of the flow of the sport.

• Like 1

It's funny that people believed the same referees that have been so incompetent that they needed VAR would be able to properly and professionally implement VAR. It's all just a clever scam by the referees. Instead of pundits on MOTD pointing at the refs now they shrug their shoulders and blame VAR. VAR is just a bit of tech', behind it all like the Wizard of OZ, pulling all the levers is just another incompetent ref.   

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It doesn’t seem to me that the second whilstle is blown before the ball crosses the line 

sky will be able to do a forensic freeze whereas I doubt that stockley park can ?

Looking at the replays with sound it looks to me the ball was clearly over the line and according to the commentators that’s why it was chalked off.  Because the ball hadn’t crossed the line when the second whistle was blown. What a farce.

Why can’t refs admit they messed up? He blew the whistle when he shouldn’t, tried to correct that within a second by blowing again. No problem there, they aren’t Robots... just tell the players what happened and get on with another free kick.

Players also need to stop jumping all over refs like that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I just checked that fivethirtyeight site.  Doesn't look like you simulate different results but you can see the stats as of each week.  Currently we are 63% to make CL.  As of 2 days ago we were 68%.  How could WHU losing decrease our chances by 5%.  What am I missing?  I've been living a lie!

As of two days ago we hadn't lost to a much lower rated Slavia Prague side.  That knocked a point or two off our rating.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why can’t refs admit they messed up? He blew the whistle when he shouldn’t, tried to correct that within a second by blowing again. No problem there, they aren’t Robots... just tell the players what happened and get on with another free kick.

Players also need to stop jumping all over refs like that. 

Agree, just show some common sense and say I messed up, I blew my whistle, that’s final.

Couldve been a much smaller issue if he did that, instead of going GOAL, NO GOAL, VAR HELP ME 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't get the criticism of VAR in this game. It actually has sorted the whole mess out correctly. The only person to blame is the on field ref for blowing the whistle the second time. Without VAR I believe the goal had been given after being initially ruled out. All VAR can do is correctly follow the rules which it did.

And you’re 100% sure that the ball hadn’t crossed the line before the second whistle?