Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hope they don't drop. Really like them and their manager, they are now in a more realistic position with the players they have but should 'should' be too good to drop. Seems beating Liverpool messed up their season, it's a really odd one.

Southampton were top of the League not too long ago. Shows how quickly the rot can set in.

I'm sure there is a Uefa rule that teams from the same city cannot be at home on the same night. But, as was said, a bit irrelevant when no fans can attend. Also Arsenal are playing in Athens, although in fairness they wouldn't have known this when the dates were arranged.

To summarise, Uefa think this is important but will continue to turn a blind eye to diving, cheating, timewasting, gaining yards at throw ins, not having the ball in the quadrant 

at corner kicks, I could go on

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Does anyone know why Spurs' Europa League game is being played tonight, instead of Thursday?

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I questioned the same thing a while back and the common consensus was no one had a clue.

Because Arsenal play in Greece tomorrow too.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Hodgson, Bruce and Allardyce are now out of their depth & the league has passed them by. The younger managers are trying to play football which is a good thing for the fans.

The West Brom -Burnley last week was just a brutal visual experience !

I didn't say otherwise, I just think context is important when throwing stats about.

6 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

That assumes Kane stays. I can see Kane going to Man City and Son going abroad

Apparently Spurs value Kane at 150 million. I can't see Man C spunking that kind of money on a soon to be 28 year old with dodgy ankles. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

Really interesting to me that I look at Spurs and Arsenal as better equipped to win this but we’re higher than them in the league and have beaten both this season. 

Funny old game.

dont see how you can think that we have better quality players all over the pitch

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone know who this london dude with an african name is on R5? Ex player, but presumably  from the lower leagues. 

This is the 4th or 5th time.ive heard him.over theseast couple of weeks. He's superb value. They've uncovered a gem (and obvs knew it to employ a relatively unknown ex player) 

its nedim onuoha .....(although he has more of a manc accent ) 

he’s decent 

Edited by st albans fox

12 hours ago, surrifox said:

How can you not feel for them ? Some of us can remember the despair of being managed by clowns, suspicious of the motives of owners and appalled at the lack of organisation , effort and basic ability of our players - it’s utterly soul destroying . I doubt Ashley is bothered , he is so wealthy and seems to enjoy being a dick for the sake of it 

Yep - they as a club just don't even try, they barely hide the fact that they don't actually push the boat out to be the best they can be. With us you can feel we're really trying. Newcastle are just complacent and that they could drop for a third time in twelve years is a disgrace.

12 hours ago, Sly said:

I don’t think Chelsea need Rice. 

Chelsea need a decent LB, CB, RB and GK. 

What Chelsea need and what Marina buys only occasionally intersect.

At times it's hard to explain their spending except as a hoarder's mentality.

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone know who this london dude with an african name is on R5? Ex player, but presumably  from the lower leagues. 

This is the 4th or 5th time.ive heard him.over theseast couple of weeks. He's superb value. They've uncovered a gem (and obvs knew it to employ a relatively unknown ex player) 

He played in the prem majority of his career and played for some big clubs. Wouldn’t say relatively unknown. He’s been doing a lot of podcast work over lockdown and made the football twitter scene recently when talking about his time at QPR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Southampton were top of the League not too long ago. Shows how quickly the rot can set in.

I'd be interested to see their historical form chart.  Been a few years now it feels like Southampton are always on either a shit hot run or an utterly abysmal one.  Streaky boys.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

dont see how you can think that we have better quality players all over the pitch

European experience and maybe depth of squad probably comes into our thinking here.

Apart from Kolo I don't think we have anyone with much European pedigree yet.

We need to get better at the dark arts of the game like when Slavia Prague got kelichi a yellow card. That was targeted. 

Being too honest won't win you any trophies.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Apparently Spurs value Kane at 150 million. I can't see Man C spunking that kind of money on a soon to be 28 year old with dodgy ankles. 

If this season had gone south for them I think they would have. Now they’re walking it without a striker I’m not so sure. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sad news about Alisson's father in Brazil. Went missing and then his body was found in a river :(

Football players family members being kidnapped for ransom is not uncommon in South America unfortunately. Very sad.