Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I know it has been often pointed out the media's tendency to overlook us generally and I have grown accept it, but that doesn't stop me noticing it.

On 5live earlier, they had a trailer for their coverage of 'another exciting weekend of premier league action'. They then ran through their commentaries - including Sundays matches.

There are 5 matches that day, can any of you guess the only one that isn't being covered?

I bet no one gets it right.:whistle:

10 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I know it has been often pointed out the media's tendency to overlook us generally and I have grown accept it, but that doesn't stop me noticing it.

On 5live earlier, they had a trailer for their coverage of 'another exciting weekend of premier league action'. They then ran through their commentaries - including Sundays matches.

There are 5 matches that day, can any of you guess the only one that isn't being covered?

Talksport talking about the europa league this morning - United, arsenal and rangers games all mentioned. Zero mention of ours, invisible. No one cares despite our games probably being the most interesting of the three of them. Spurs were even mentioned and they don't play tonight 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Talksport talking about the europa league this morning - United, arsenal and rangers games all mentioned. Zero mention of ours, invisible. No one cares despite our games probably being the most interesting of the three of them. Spurs were even mentioned and they don't play tonight 🤣

I’ve never listened to talksport in my life until the last few months. I only recently learned to drive and now have it in in the car. I genuinely can’t believe how bad it is. Proper boys club with very little insight at all. X

• Like 2

Sky have this article on us, apologies as this is the 3rd thread I've posted it in.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12227534/leicester-city-are-in-the-big-six-now-brendan-rodgers-on-the-tactical-flexibility-that-is-key-to-their-success

Leicester City are in the big six now: Brendan Rodgers on the tactical flexibility that is key to their success

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers explains how his side have needed to be tactically flexible to succeed this season.

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’ve never listened to talksport in my life until the last few months. I only recently learned to drive and now have it in in the car. I genuinely can’t believe how bad it is. Proper boys club with very little insight at all. X

Laura Woods is very good. They've also recruited some really good people recently like Reshmin Chowdhury. Darren Bent is really good too. Agree with you mostly though the old boys club there is terrible.

Brazil is pure comedy gold, but has little insight. Struggle to know how he's kept his job tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Football players family members being kidnapped for ransom is not uncommon in South America unfortunately. Very sad.

Probably worth mentioning that this absolutely is not what happened to Alisson's Dad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Crazy as it seems, they really don't need him !!!!

Now they don't. But everything moves forward. If they want to go for consecutive titles they'll need to build again in the summer. Other teams (including ourselves) aren't going to sit still. Apparently last season was the new dawn of a dominant Liverpool but they'll fix their injuries by next season and ready to go again. Saying all that I don't see Levy selling Kane on the cheap. He'll be massively overpriced and honestly for that money you might as well go and buy somebody better. What's Mbappe's price these days? 200+ mil is probably good money for a player that's going to dominate the sport for the next 10+ years. Good job Kane loves Spurs (the delusional idiot) because I don't see him going anywhere for the rest of his career. That's good I guess. Served the club he loves, has fans for that club who love him. Won fk-all mind.     

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Tbf they rarely cover the midday matches on Saturday and Sunday, as far as I can remember anyway.

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Not on this occasion, they said their coverage starts at 12 o'clock with............. Palace v Fulham.

Oh right. Surely that's good then. We accuse them of ignoring us amongst others in favour of the big 6, but they are covering this game over an Arsenal game.

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Our game is on Talksport so suspect they have it as an exclusive pick of Premier League matches

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Laura Woods is very good. They've also recruited some really good people recently like Reshmin Chowdhury. Darren Bent is really good too. Agree with you mostly though the old boys club there is terrible.

Brazil is pure comedy gold, but has little insight. Struggle to know how he's kept his job tbh.

I’m sure most normal people feel the same, yet all the people that work with him love him. 

• Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-leicester-city-premier-league-19927245

Burnley's Leicester City Premier League fixture request turned down

Burnley asked the Premier League not to schedule their clash with Leicester City for next midweek, it has emerged.

The Clarets welcome the Foxes to Turf Moor on Wednesday night (6pm) in a game that has been brought forward from March 20 owing to Leicester's FA Cup involvement.

A host of top flight fixtures have been rearranged for next week but Burnley asked if they could have a spare midweek given the hectic fixture list over the last few months and the number of potential options later in the season.

But, with Leicester at that stage still in the Europa League and having the possibility of an FA Cup semi-final to play, the Premier League rejected Burnley's request.

Dyche cited player welfare as one reason to spread the fixtures out with the Clarets having suffered a spate of injuries this term.

But the Clarets chief, speaking ahead of the trip to Spurs this weekend, said that request had fallen on deaf ears.

"There's a ruling that enables them to place a game in the earliest available window," said Dyche of the fixture schedule.

"We just asked them to recognise the challenges we've had and the challenges that we've got, but they wanted to put it in the earliest window when there were others available.

"That's the ironic twist of life at the moment, we're talking about the world of health and safety yet there's more demand being put on the players than I've ever witnessed in the Premier League.

"We're asking more of them and they weren't able to recover as well or be fed as well. We're having more games than ever being played at the oddest times.

"It's a delicate situation for them (the Premier League) to make sure the game schedule is good while trying to be fair and it's delicate from the point of trying to ensure the players are well enough to give maximum performances.

"You want to put a team out there that can give everything they've got and that hasn't always been the case for us. It's not a gripe, it's just a reality.

"The only bone I've got is that if both teams go to the Premier League having agreed that the game could be played on a different date, then you say 'what's the point in asking us?' Why bother asking if it's not going to change?"

The trip to Spurs on Sunday will be Burnley's 16th match in two months in all competitions, a run beginning with the defeat to Leeds just after Christmas.

The Clarets have 13 games remaining this season and play four matches in the next 14 days ahead of the March international break.

50 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-leicester-city-premier-league-19927245

Burnley's Leicester City Premier League fixture request turned down

Burnley asked the Premier League not to schedule their clash with Leicester City for next midweek, it has emerged.

The Clarets welcome the Foxes to Turf Moor on Wednesday night (6pm) in a game that has been brought forward from March 20 owing to Leicester's FA Cup involvement.

A host of top flight fixtures have been rearranged for next week but Burnley asked if they could have a spare midweek given the hectic fixture list over the last few months and the number of potential options later in the season.

But, with Leicester at that stage still in the Europa League and having the possibility of an FA Cup semi-final to play, the Premier League rejected Burnley's request.

Dyche cited player welfare as one reason to spread the fixtures out with the Clarets having suffered a spate of injuries this term.

But the Clarets chief, speaking ahead of the trip to Spurs this weekend, said that request had fallen on deaf ears.

"There's a ruling that enables them to place a game in the earliest available window," said Dyche of the fixture schedule.

"We just asked them to recognise the challenges we've had and the challenges that we've got, but they wanted to put it in the earliest window when there were others available.

"That's the ironic twist of life at the moment, we're talking about the world of health and safety yet there's more demand being put on the players than I've ever witnessed in the Premier League.

"We're asking more of them and they weren't able to recover as well or be fed as well. We're having more games than ever being played at the oddest times.

"It's a delicate situation for them (the Premier League) to make sure the game schedule is good while trying to be fair and it's delicate from the point of trying to ensure the players are well enough to give maximum performances.

"You want to put a team out there that can give everything they've got and that hasn't always been the case for us. It's not a gripe, it's just a reality.

"The only bone I've got is that if both teams go to the Premier League having agreed that the game could be played on a different date, then you say 'what's the point in asking us?' Why bother asking if it's not going to change?"

The trip to Spurs on Sunday will be Burnley's 16th match in two months in all competitions, a run beginning with the defeat to Leeds just after Christmas.

The Clarets have 13 games remaining this season and play four matches in the next 14 days ahead of the March international break.

I see Burnley's point but at the time of scheduling there werent many midweek slots available if writing off the Europa League slots. 

On 25/02/2021 at 09:37, RumbleFox said:

Think you're being a bit over generous there.

• Haha 1

It would make sense, since our exit on Thursday, to move it. It benefits both clubs and I wouldn't have minded, personally! 

If they can reschedule a Fulham Spurs game back in December with only a couple of days notice they could have certainly done the same for us and Burnley. No doubt Rodgers and the squad would have loved the spare week! 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It would make sense, since our exit on Thursday, to move it. It benefits both clubs and I wouldn't have minded, personally! 

If they can reschedule a Fulham Spurs game back in December with only a couple of days notice they could have certainly done the same for us and Burnley. No doubt Rodgers and the squad would have loved the spare week! 

it’s easier to put a game on at short notice than cancel one from an integrity perspective.  if us/Burnley cancel this game now that we are out of the EL because we both want less stress on our schedules then it opens up a can of worms as a precedent....

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

it’s easier to put a game on at short notice than cancel one from an integrity perspective.  if us/Burnley cancel this game now that we are out of the EL because we both want less stress on our schedules then it opens up a can of worms as a precedent....

Like Biden?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

A Man City is preferred today then, right?

I think so. The hope of us really challenging for the title doesn't seem very realistic, so just let Man City smash everyone apart from us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A Man City is preferred today then, right?

I dunno. I wouldn't mind a West Ham win. I can't bring myself to think that there isn't a title race, not while we're third and on the same number of points as second.

In reality, yeah, Man City are so good that they will almost certainly win the league, but I'd like to think there's still a chance they can be caught, however remote.

In terms of Champions League seeding, I don't think there's a difference between second and fourth place is there as it would go on team ranking? So as long as we maintain the gap between us and fifth, I'd rather Man City get reeled in a bit.

Can’t stand West Ham because I know someone who supports them and they’re a despicable human being so join association says **** them. I shall be hoping for the other city to win.

I unfortunately can’t see us being in any title race so the more points gone from the other CL contenders the better.

Edited by Criggers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1