Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Eh? West Ham have had better chances. Man City have kept the ball but that’s it. West Ham have played ok and had more shots.

Which chances?

Antonio shanked a shot, Lingard had a shot from distance easy for Ederson.

I meant that it wasn't that great a half to watch; seemed to just be a lot of Man City possession with not that many chances for either. Certainly didn't expect West Ham to get back in to it.

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A draw would be my preferred result. 

Normally I agree with you but realistically we need to keep a gap between us and WHam.

• Like 1

Just now, Angus Scott said:

There is no way we are going to catch Man City, it will be difficult enough to get top 4, West Ham are a definite danger to that so it's a no-brainer that we want City to win

I wouldn’t say there is no way we could but it’s unlikely. Football is odd, a couple of months ago no one would have said that we could be above Liverpool but we are. Is it so inconceivable that Man City will burn out at some stage. I don’t think it is. A couple of bad results and the pressure will be on.

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

There is no way we are going to catch Man City, it will be difficult enough to get top 4, West Ham are a definite danger to that so it's a no-brainer that we want City to win

This.

People are in fantasy land, we'll end up stuttering slightly towards the end of the season and be fighting WHU and Chelsea for 4th, exactly the same as last season.

• Like 2

Just now, goody2028 said:

No chance we’re in a title race this season. Man City would have to lose another 4 games before the end of the season and us having to make the difference up on them. All whilst hoping United don’t do the same. So let Man City take points from those around us. 

Add in all our injuries too...

As much as I dislike McManaman he made a point i've been saying for ages, don't sit back against Man City, don't just go and defend, go forward, be positive, I think teams would actually find Man City much easier to play against if they did that. I don't know why teams are so scared of Man City.

They keep the ball, they're good on the ball but alot of it is sideways and back and forth, they're incredibly boring, which is why I don't understand why teams aspire to play like them, it's not a blue print of how the game should be played, far from it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

No chance we’re in a title race this season. Man City would have to lose another 4 games before the end of the season and us having to make the difference up on them. All whilst hoping United don’t do the same. So let Man City take points from those around us. 

It’s more than possible. Especially as they still have to play us and other teams round them. I’ve seen it happen too many times to too many teams to rule it out. If results go the right way (unlikely) we could be in touching distance by next weekend. 

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

I personally disagree. They have so many potential games, probably more than any other club, and a couple of bad results and they'll be sucked back in. Not saying we'll win it but far too premature to say the title race is over. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I wouldn’t say there is no way we could but it’s unlikely. Football is odd, a couple of months ago no one would have said that we could be above Liverpool but we are. Is it so inconceivable that Man City will burn out at some stage. I don’t think it is. A couple of bad results and the pressure will be on.

I'm sorry & hate to pour water on the fires of optimism but it would require a miracle for us to get anywhere near City. Our recent performances are very un-inspiring and we have too many key players out injured. We are now down to the bare bones and the team is picking itself. 3 games in 6 days coming up & nobody likely to be back. Any more injuries is a disaster. This all seems the same as last season after lockdown & I fear the same outcome

Just now, Matt said:

Whilst our injurys are fact we've had them pretty much all season and we've just got on with it.

Why have we all of a sudden turned into Liverpool bemoaning our injuries.

Don't let it all become an excuse now.

Because we have dreadful injuries, and don't have their resources. There is a difference between and excuse and an explanation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst our injurys are fact we've had them pretty much all season and we've just got on with it.

Why have we all of a sudden turned into Liverpool bemoaning our injuries.

Don't let it all become an excuse now.

We will get on with it- it may mean our performances aren't as good, as seen on Thursday.

10 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I'm sorry & hate to pour water on the fires of optimism but it would require a miracle for us to get anywhere near City. Our recent performances are very un-inspiring and we have too many key players out injured. We are now down to the bare bones and the team is picking itself. 3 games in 6 days coming up & nobody likely to be back. Any more injuries is a disaster. This all seems the same as last season after lockdown & I fear the same outcome

How would it be possible for us not to get anywhere near city when we are city.