Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Draw for me. Better they share 2 points between them than 3. Or maybe I'm being too optimistic regarding Man City lol

If you offered me qualifying for champs league football now, I'd take it. So I'm always hoping the teams immediately below us drop points. I'd even extend that to a game like man united versus Chelsea. 

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I dunno. I wouldn't mind a West Ham win. I can't bring myself to think that there isn't a title race, not while we're third and on the same number of points as second.

In reality, yeah, Man City are so good that they will almost certainly win the league, but I'd like to think there's still a chance they can be caught, however remote.

In terms of Champions League seeding, I don't think there's a difference between second and fourth place is there as it would go on team ranking? So as long as we maintain the gap between us and fifth, I'd rather Man City get reeled in a bit.

Fair enough, good points.

I'd just like to have the comfort of finishing as high as possible (i.e. 2nd as I can't see Man City being caught) and that happens by teams below us losing. Man City could have a big hand in that with their fixtures coming up, including today. As long as we keep picking up the points too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

I see Burnley's point but at the time of scheduling there werent many midweek slots available if writing off the Europa League slots. 

They seem to re-schedule teams all the time on short notice for the broadcasters. I don't see BR minding if they phone them up and said is it okay to shift this into another month now our EL ties are gone.  

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fair enough, good points.

I'd just like to have the comfort of finishing as high as possible (i.e. 2nd as I can't see Man City being caught) and that happens by teams below us losing. Man City could have a big hand in that with their fixtures coming up, including today. As long as we keep picking up the points too.

Yeah also good points :thumbup:

The realist in me agrees with you 100%. I can't see Man City being caught but I do like to dream!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I didn't expect that with how this half has gone!

West Ham equalise!

Eh? West Ham have had better chances. Man City have kept the ball but that’s it. West Ham have played ok and had more shots.

• Like 1