Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

So basically....

He blew his whistle too early and Brighton scored when the keeper wasn't ready. 

He tried to rectify it by bringing it back. 

Realised he couldn't rectify it without making an even bigger mess so gave the goal.

VAR stepped in to save his blushes and brought it back.

....I would wager my left nut that Brighton get a soft penalty at some point to even it up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Surely that penalty would have ruled out if it did go in due to the run up. You’re not allowed to fully stop when you stutter. 

You're not allowed to stop or stutter once your leg is planted to strike the ball. For example dummy to kick it. A stuttered run up is allowed I believe.

Just now, jammie82uk said:

As far as I’m aware If the whistle goes then all play stops dead straight away

I thought that if the ball was struck before the whistle is blown then if it goes in it’s a goal but I believe you’re right ......so if you hit a ‘Charlie Adam’ and the ref decides time is up whilst it’s on the way then it wouldn’t count ??

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

So basically....

Realised he couldn't rectify it without making an even bigger mess so gave the goal.

....I would wager my left nut that Brighton get a soft penalty at some point to even it up. 

They already had one ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So basically....

They'll miss the penalty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

That is a disgrace.

If Brighton lose or draw this, they have every right to protest.

Mason has to be finished.

The thing is because they're the 'bottomfeeders' (Very disrespectful that word but that's how the powers that be see them/teams down the bottom) the powers that be won't care.

It's like Bournemouth being relegated and Villa staying up by virtue of goal line technology not working correctly last season, imagine for one second that effecting something at the top of the league, the media would still be talking about it now, something would have been done about it, because it's at the other end though - who cares? :dunno: (Not my view but the FA/PL will have that opinion and view i'm sure)

So basically he didn’t really know why he had blown the whistle or when?

Sounds like a right old mess !

Trouble is we never hear anything so will never know what went on as they will try to justify the decision.

5live say VAR might have been  giving offside against a player in front of the goalie.

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Just looking at the fixtures - why the hell aren't Brighton playing mid week, or should I be asking, why the hell are we playing mid week next week vs Burnley?

Our game is pulled forward from the fa cup quarter finals weekend 

their game against Newcastle on the 20th will go ahead as planned

We really are full of ‘chips on shoulders’ at the moment - chill out peeps .....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Just looking at the fixtures - why the hell aren't Brighton playing mid week, or should I be asking, why the hell are we playing mid week next week vs Burnley?

I believe it's something to do with us being in European competition when the fixtures were decided. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Re arranged game due to our fa cup involvement. Has to be played on a mid week at some stage and they set it for this Wednesday in case we progressed in europa League as available dates would reduce 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I thought that if the ball was struck before the whistle is blown then if it goes in it’s a goal but I believe you’re right ......so if you hit a ‘Charlie Adam’ and the ref decides time is up whilst it’s on the way then it wouldn’t count ??

They already had one ??

Wasn't soft though. The guys arm had no business being there. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They already had one ??

I resorted to google and found this 

• Haha 2

I just checked that fivethirtyeight site.  Doesn't look like you simulate different results but you can see the stats as of each week.  Currently we are 63% to make CL.  As of 2 days ago we were 68%.  How could WHU losing decrease our chances by 5%.  What am I missing?  I've been living a lie!