Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Such dumb commentator & summariser, neither of them have an idea why the ref gave a free kick after the penalty came back off the post. They don't even know the basic rule that the penalty taker cannot play the ball again if it comes off the post.

And these are supposed to be experts. They are an embarressment, talk about stealing a living

What have I just watched lol

Clearly blows his whistle.

Player entitled to take the free-kick.

Scores.

Reckon Mason has fvcked up as he thinks Johnstone is in goal then tries to make amends by disallowing the goal.

What is VAR getting involved for? What can they even overturn in this respect?

Mason has had a mare and maybe time for him to be taken out of the limelight.

• Haha 1

again - have they even said what VAR ruled it out for?  The tweet said offside which is what I thought they may be looking at, but they never said.  Notice how usually when they say no goal it says offside, handball, foul, etc - but this time it just said No Goal without a reason.  And that screenshot said "checking goal" but it usually says for what.  It's because they can't do

NO GOAL

We ****ed Up

so they just kinda hide behind it.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What have I just watched lol

Clearly blows his whistle.

Player entitled to take the free-kick.

Scores.

Reckon Mason has fvcked up as he thinks Johnstone is in goal then tries to make amends by disallowing the goal.

What is VAR getting involved for? What can they even overturn in this respect?

Mason has had a mare and maybe time for him to be taken out of the limelight.

.he blows again to stop the play - apparently before the ball crossed the line .......

Just now, Bats8711 said:

again - have they even said what VAR ruled it out for?  The tweet said offside which is what I thought they may be looking at, but they never said.  Notice how usually when they say no goal it says offside, handball, foul, etc - but this time it just said No Goal without a reason.  And that screenshot said "checking goal" but it usually says for what.  It's because they can't do

NO GOAL

We ****ed Up

so they just kinda hide behind it.

.they said that he blew up to stop the play before the goal was scored ......

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Cos he realises that the goalkeeper is organising his walll but that shouldn’t make any difference in my opinion because that’s the goalkeepers problem - he’s had time to organise it

Exactly. 

So it's his mistake which shouldn't have resulted in Brighton losing that goal. Surely he should check for that before blowing the whistle the first time.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Exactly. 

So it's his mistake which shouldn't have resulted in Brighton losing that goal. Surely he should check for that before blowing the whistle the first time.

I think he didn’t realise cos he was hidden behind the wall. Idk where he thought he’d gone to mind.

Tbh I think it’s the right call. He’s obviously ****ed up (as you’d expect with Mason) and panicked once he realised but he did blow his whistle again so it’s not a goal and in the spirit of the sport it’s right to not allow the goal imo. A ref letting a player have a free shot at a half open goal would be a bit unfair

• Like 1

Legit question I've always wondered - why isn't there a consistent set of rules around the taking of free kicks?  Why are free kicks in the offensive half all stopped, set up, 10 yards, spray down, wait for the whistle etc.  But free kicks in your own half you can take quickly and defending players can hover over the ball?  Like even when the taking team is yelling at the ref about a player literally standing on the ball, the ref doesn't really seem to give a shit.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Exactly. 

If a ref messes up no team should be punished for that.

It’s like saying if a ref sends off the wrong player we shouldn’t correct it. 

Should be the same as when refs get in the way of play. It’s a mistake, call it back. 

Just say you messed up and everyone should get on with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Legit question I've always wondered - why isn't there a consistent set of rules around the taking of free kicks?  Why are free kicks in the offensive half all stopped, set up, 10 yards, spray down, wait for the whistle etc.  But free kicks in your own half you can take quickly and defending players can hover over the ball?  Like even when the taking team is yelling at the ref about a player literally standing on the ball, the ref doesn't really seem to give a shit.

But like the pulling players back rule that only seems to count as a yellow in one half of the pitch.