Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I think he didn’t realise cos he was hidden behind the wall. Idk where he thought he’d gone to mind.

Tbh I think it’s the right call. He’s obviously ****ed up (as you’d expect with Mason) and panicked once he realised but he did blow his whistle again so it’s not a goal and in the spirit of the sport it’s right to not allow the goal imo. A ref letting a player have a free shot at a half open goal would be a bit unfair

Agree with that.

Let's be honest - we'd be completely livid if a free-kick like that was scored against us.

It's completely against the spirit of the game to allow it to be taken into an empty net while the keeper is away setting up his wall.

Otherwise everyone would just shoot from free-kicks straight away while the keepers doing that and walls are essentially useless.

It's obvious that the mistake was just that Mason was being dozy and not paying attention to where the keeper and wall was. And he quickly realised that and tried to correct it.

But its absolutely the right desicion to disallow the goal. Even if it is technically a valid goal by the rules, by the spirit of the game, we'd be absolutely seething and calling for the refs and the free-kick takers heads if a goal like that was allowed to stand against us. Similar to that Arsenal vs Sheffield United goal in the FA Cup - sure, it's technically valid, but it's obviously not right.

Edited by Sampson

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm not sticking up for Mason when I post this but was his cock up really any more embarrassing than Brightons hopeless finishing today? That's cost them the game more than the ref.

Just now, fox_up_north said:

I remember years ago when you didn't know who refs were. They were just a name. "Bloke from X place". 

There really needs to be a shake up of refereeing in the sport.

It's all Mike Rileys fault. Standard of reffing has been getting worse every single year now. The man in charge of them needs to go.

• Like 1

I will keep my thoughts civil but its a disgrace we have got some of the refs in the league

Just now, coolhandfox said:

As embarrassing as miss two pens and scoring 1 goal from 65 attempts in 3 matches lol

You would rather have hoofing teams like west brom in the league then

brighton will go down and the league will be worse for it. I despise big sam and hodgsons teams

2 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I'm not sticking up for Mason when I post this but was his cock up really any more embarrassing than Brightons hopeless finishing today? That's cost them the game more than the ref.

Of course West Brom think it was a  great decision going by the comments of Kyle Bartley but the 2 penalties weren't according to Big Sam. 

Players and managers are so bias.

Edited by Super_horns

Just now, Super_horns said:

Of course West Brom think it was a  great decision but the 2 penalties weren't one.

Players and managers are so bias.

How can you not see how bad refs are your game was horrible refereed

todays game wwas awful refed

Our referees are a embarrassment I can barley watch 90 minutes of the game anymore its such a sideshow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twister said:

Our referees are a embarrassment I can barley watch 90 minutes of the game anymore its such a sideshow

The best refs are those that don’t get talked about, but that is the problem some want to be the centre of attention 

Just now, twister said:

I know they aren't good generally.

Just saying players and managers only ever think they are rubbish when decisions go against them hence my comment about West Brom.

From Big Sam.

""The referee blew the whistle twice so that was why it was disallowed, Lee Mason came over and explained the situation regarding that - the only way we can avoid it is put someone on the ball and don't move back until the referee moves you back. I thought everybody had to get set"

Kyle Bartley.

"here was a bit of confusion but Lee Mason dealt with it really well and came to the right conclusion. It was a bit confusing, I don't think it would have been right for them to score like that"

5 minutes ago, twister said:

I will keep my thoughts civil but its a disgrace we have got some of the refs in the league

Just as much of a disgrace is the number of players that dive and cheat and make their jobs harder.

They are human, they will make mistakes. 

You would rather have hoofing teams like west brom in the league then

brighton will go down and the league will be worse for it. I despise big sam and hodgsons teams

I like different styles, would I want to watch it every week no, but everyone can't be Man City.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just as much of a disgrace is the number of players that dive and cheat and make their jobs harder.

They are human, they will make mistakes. 

I like different styles, would I want to watch it every week no, but everyone can't be Man City.

Your not a fan of proper football if you liked watching  big sam or roys teams, not for me anyway

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The best refs are those that don’t get talked about, but that is the problem some want to be the centre of attention 

My view its making the game unwatchable I can't face watching most games unless the lads are involved

Ultimately the right decision was made. Mason shouldn't have allowed the free kick while the GK was still on his post organising the wall. He blew straight away again as soon as he realised but its a massive fvck up from him. Even more when he then gave the goal and had to get VAR to correctly overturn it. 

• Like 1