Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Is there anyone left out there who can say VAR is good for football?

We benefited twice in recent weeks. Chelsea home and Arsenal home. 

Just now, Koke said:

We benefited twice in recent weeks. Chelsea home and Arsenal home. 

We may have, but overall taking what it’s done or not done for us personally. For the game as a whole it is ruining the enjoyment of the game. 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

We may have, but overall taking what it’s done or not done for us personally. For the game as a whole it is ruining the enjoyment of the game. 

I agree its ruining the enjoyment in terms of what it used to be, but VAR has made many correct decisions that would have been incorrect decisions years ago. I also accept the men behind VAR have made many farcical decisions.

The handball rule is not a VAR issue. Thats something to do with the laws of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think if we don't win our next two games we will end up not finishing in the top 4.

We've had a bonus with Liverpool falling apart and Chelsea sticking with Lampard for so long.

Those two are the most likely to overtake us, I reckon. Still think we are doing really well.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Didn’t realise that to be fair, the question remains though. Can anyone still think VAR is good for football?

Define "good for football" I guess.

It sure as hell frustrates fans but it does prevent the majority of wrong decisions.

It jusy exposes the rubbish rules that sometimes exist like handball and what part of your body is offside.

I don't hate it but it does take something from the game emotionally.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think it’s as bad as made out. They get it right more than wrong but I’m more critical of the people using VAR than VAR itself as a concept. The pure concept of VAR drawn up by IFAB works, the issue is the version implemented by PGMOL. They have taken a concept that works and implemented it incompetently.

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve have done more so tbf. Every so often I’ll succumb to the Prem but the number of disallowed bloody goals literally ruins it 

Does the number of goals that it 'gives' ruin it as well?

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

8 Teams fighting and competing for Top 4, exciting innit..!!

Not really lol I wish we had a 10 point cushion on 5th

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Define "good for football" I guess.

It sure as hell frustrates fans but it does prevent the majority of wrong decisions.

It jusy exposes the rubbish rules that sometimes exist like handball and what part of your body is offside.

I don't hate it but it does take something from the game emotionally.

The success of football as a whole is based on the fans and their enjoyment of what they are seeing.

Anything that frustrates the hell out of those fans can not be good for the long term good of the game.

Some of us are already hooked on football, but those new fans coming in to the game, when getting frustrated by endless rules that make no sense will switch off. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Doesn't mean it's good for football.

VAR gets majority of decisions correct. Tbe handball rule and offside rule is not a VAR issue. Its,the lawmakers of football.

I do agree that it has ruined the pure excitement of goals beinv scored and the immediate euphoria.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t think it’s as bad as made out. They get it right more than wrong but I’m more critical of the people using VAR than VAR itself as a concept. The pure concept of VAR drawn up by IFAB works, the issue is the version implemented by PGMOL. They have taken a concept that works and implemented it incompetently.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true, the way it’s implemented all over the world is shocking and takes away the enjoyment of the game.

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Does the number of goals that it 'gives' ruin it as well?

Mate, listen please... 👍

It rules out a lot more than it gives. Therefore it is a problem for someone who bets on goals being scored

https://www.onlinebetting.org.uk/betting-guides/football/var.html

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1