Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Has this ever happened before?

Sooooo Leicester. Beginning to crap it.

No. Spurs finished 4th once and missed out as Chelsea won the UCL. Only four teams from the same country were allowed back then, they would have been ok under the current rules.

9 hours ago, Yes said:

Neves is very overrated. Not a bad player by any means but just the Portuguese Jonjo Shelvey as far as I’m concerned. Traore isn’t consistent enough. Neto is a class act mind you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

This is superb from John Percy lol spot on as ever even when being sarcastic. Calling out media outlets for framing Howe as some sort of messiah. 

Putting it in here because Howe would be in consideration for Prem jobs if they became available.

DC384A8B-4E3C-4F46-977D-05DE00885F95.thumb.jpeg.79df4b31be216a7ebac2e5982f2eef39.jpeg

I saw that this morning and couldn't believe it lol

Tbf some of the comments of "fraud" etc are harsh though. Yes they spent money in the Championship but who doesn't? Practically every club that goes up, probably besides Blackpool and Huddersfield off the top of my head in recent years, does. Don't forget he kept Bournemouth up for 3 years, including a top 10 finish I think. We're talking about Bournemouth here and not exactly a club like Wolves or Villa.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Yes said:

19 hours ago, The Bear said:

Duncan Castles hasn't got a clue about Wolves. I wouldn't take anything he says as fact. Probably just going off the headline loss in the accounts (which would have been a profit if not for Covid). 

If anything we're in a stronger position now that FFP has been binned. 

I’ve read several things lately explaining this:

Not many years after declaring football a national priority, the dictatorship has now declared they really meant “football with Chinese characteristics”.  i.e. building up the grass roots at home, rather than splashing hundreds of millions on high-profile foreign clubs and players.  All these companies that made such investments have been told to reverse course, pronto.  Huge investment in European teams is now seen as an unproductive export of capital.

My guess, Fosun turning a profit with a PL club (and Gestifute) will be tolerated.  But vanity projects won’t.

They will also tolerate foreign coaches, and a less expensive grade of foreign player, in China until they can develop their own.  Just like I had friends take million-dollar gigs setting up factories there and teaching them how to run the machines.  Factories now run entirely by Chinese.

I’m sure the goal is, a generation from now, China will be cleaning up in the World Cup and Olympics.  Harder to imagine the Chinese league ever on par with the big five European leagues -- but if that is also a priority, it will likely happen.

• Like 2

Huge difference in the CL this year, usually it's PSG, Munich, Madrid/Barca who are 12 points clear at the top of their leagues with 6-8 games left so they can afford to rest players domestically and have them fresh for European ties. This year, Man City have that luxury, 11 points clear with a better GD (if United win their game in hand), 2 wins will probably be enough to see them home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Little quiz of the night, since the Premier League was formed which three that clubs have been promoted to the premier league, the foxes have never faced in premier league?

Swindon, Blackpool and Reading?

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Apparently there is now one club who has beaten all other current 91 teams

in the top four divisions and they’re the first to achieve it?  Any ideas who - I have just learned of the answer today!

Got to be Bolton