Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got to be Bolton

Peter Taylor who should have been sacked in the summer removed little doubt when we lost the first game of the season at home to the side who had won the play offs.

My main memory of that game was being 0-4 down with 10 minutes to go and the ball went for a throw in to us and he quickly retrieved and threw it to our player as if the game wasn't already gone. He stood on the touchline all game as if to front the abuse out but it was obvious he was clueless and broken.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/257716?FOOTBALL_CLUBS=26,27#!

• Like 2

One of the worst results in our history. The ramifications of keeping Taylor after giving him another hefty amount of money to spend only to make us even worse than the 10 matches that preceded it were seismic.

Sounds completely mad to suggest sacking a manager after one match of the season was already too late but that was the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes correct, despite being in the top flight for eight years they never faced the foxes at the top level.

That's why they were the longest one to think of. Swindon were obvious, as they only had one season and were promoted at our expense. Blackpool the same. Reading too a little longer to realise as they had a few season, but all during our struggling years.

I didn't think of Oldham initially as it didn't cross my mind they were promoted to the premier league in the first season. And with Wigan, as you say spent 8 years in the Premier league, so you'd automatically think we'd played them.

On 06/04/2021 at 16:16, Chocolate Teapot said:

I know I'm biased but I honestly couldn't get my head around it. Maddison and Barnes have been consistently playing at a high level I the pl and europa league but they're held back because they haven't got 100 u21 caps. It's so odd.

With Justin as well, we went from having 3 potential players to almost certainly 0.

Doesn't bother me because I think it's good for them to get the summer off (obviously Justin is injured until probably November anyway) but there's always that concern that they'll think they need to leave us to get a call up. Barnes I just get the feeling will always be overlooked, and as proven with the Grealish ommissions Southgate's got the traditional England manager fear of flair so Maddison's in trouble too.

With there only being one more summer between this tournament and the next one, it shouldn't be a problem for us, but I do wonder if should all three miss out again for Qatar whether they'll be thinking come summer 2023 they need to leave us. It depends how much they care about it really. I'm not totally sold that the players care about international football more than club, so I could be talking nonsense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

One of the worst results in our history. The ramifications of keeping Taylor after giving him another hefty amount of money to spend only to make us even worse than the 10 matches that preceded it were seismic.

Sounds completely mad to suggest sacking a manager after one match of the season was already too late but that was the case.

Worked for Norwich in League One. They took the manager who beat them as well. Wonder how we'd have got on with Allardyce lol 

By the time he's match fit again they'll be about 2 games left. That's annoying, they play almost all of our rivals towards the end of the season, hopefully they can do a job and nick a few points.

EDIT: Thankfully their last two games are against Spurs and Chelsea :worship:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2