Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I’ve noticed that Kane seems to start tournaments well and then seems to fade. It’s almost like he doesn’t have the fitness to play so many games in succession at the end of a season. He’s a great player when in form, but has sometimes spent the latter part of tournaments not contributing. 

It’s a brave manager, however, who leaves out or substitutes a player like Kane in a must win game. I remember Taylor (?) doing something similar with Lineker and was roundly condemned went it went wrong. That sort of thing for me separates a manager who can make inspired changes to one who is just very much ‘safe’.

I’ve seen nothing inspirational about Southgate in any of his decisions to date. 

Almost as if, when there is more pressure, he starts to bottle it.... :whistle:

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I think that's one of the unknowns if Kane ever decides to move from Spurs. He's not great against bigger teams.

I wouldn't say he should have even be subbed because he's an 99% guarantee pen' scorer. But he should have put on Vardy. If you look how Kane plays alongside somebody with pace like Song it seems like pretty easy call to have them playing together. But either way I have zero faith in him tbh.  

I've seen this before which I don't understand. You are talking domestically aren't you? Didn't he score at hat trick at Old Trafford earlier in the season? Or at least 2. He has a good record against United, Liverpool and Chelsea. He always scores in North London derbies.

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've seen this before which I don't understand. You are talking domestically aren't you? Didn't he score at hat trick at Old Trafford earlier in the season? Or at least 2. He has a good record against United, Liverpool and Chelsea. He always scores in North London derbies.

And doesn't he always score against us?

Never understood the Kane hate tbh, he's a good player...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why is Middlesbrough used as a venue (COVID safe) to host some England games rather than Wembley when there could be a bigger crowd at Wembley and it is more accessible?

It's because they'll be taking over Rockliffe hall for a couple of weeks i'd imagine. Boro's training ground is there, there's a golf course and it's close to the Riverside. Minutes away from Teeside airport too for the visiting teams to fly in and out and for any foreign based players.

Also if fans are allowed in, the Ground is 'out the way' and would probably be easy to manage from a crowds/covid point of view.

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would love Neto here, but he's gonna end up at Arsenal or Spurs IMO.

I reckon Everton will sign someone like Neto or Zaha this summer too.

I'd love Neto too but I think he'll go the way like Jota and move to a bigger club than us.

1 hour ago, squarez said:

Yeah, forgot to add us in! I don't mind him really and is indeed a good player. World class finisher.

Traore might be possible but realistically I don’t see us signing any Wolves players. It’s more so the fact that if true and they’re looking to sell those 3 its far from what they were promised as fans, a lot of Wolves fans a bit like Villa have been promised the world by their owners and have been convinced they’ll be fighting for top 4 and beyond in no time, which while possible why those 2 in particular think they’re the only ones with ambitious owners I don’t know.

Duncan Castles hasn't got a clue about Wolves. I wouldn't take anything he says as fact. Probably just going off the headline loss in the accounts (which would have been a profit if not for Covid). 

If anything we're in a stronger position now that FFP has been binned. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Duncan Castles hasn't got a clue about Wolves. I wouldn't take anything he says as fact. Probably just going off the headline loss in the accounts (which would have been a profit if not for Covid). 

Why would that benefit Wolves more than the bigger clubs? 

It would benefit all clubs with ridiculously rich owners. Yourselves included. More so those clubs sitting below the top table who have previously been restricted in their spending by FFP. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, squarez said:

Kane is a quality striker and a good all round player - he just irritates the fuch out of me. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Chinese spending in the west is not secure - in the U.K. it’s going to be Hong Kong politics dependant .....v uncertain .....

Ug. It's doubtful but not impossible that Liverpool will win the Champions League.

But it's possible that Chelsea win it and finish outside the CL places. And would take up a Champions League place.

I really want to beat the Hammers to help secure third.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Ug. It's doubtful but not impossible that Liverpool will win the Champions League.

But it's possible that Chelsea win it and finish outside the CL places. And would take up a Champions League place.

It's only a problem if an English club win both European competitions and finish outside the top four isn't it? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's only a problem if an English club win both European competitions and finish outside the top four isn't it? 

I thought if an English club win the CL and finish outside the top four then the top three and the CL winner get CL places?

Just now, Foxxed said:

I thought if an English club win the CL and finish outside the top four then the top three and the CL winner get CL places?

I think we're allowed five clubs as long as the fifth qualifies by winning one of the two European cups? 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think we're allowed five clubs as long as the fifth qualifies by winning one of the two European cups? 

I like your version. But what does the Champions League think?

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I like your version. But what does the Champions League think?

How does winning UCL/UEL affect qualification?

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained#:~:text=Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League,for UEFA Champions League qualification.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Doesn't matter unless Arsenal win the EL as well.

It seems every few pages this comes up, but if an English club wins EITHER European competition and finishes outside top 4, we're fine.  But if they win BOTH, then 4th place isn't CL.  To put it lightly, that would be quite a gut punch both emotionally and financially.  I think people are slowly starting to realize that there isn't "no chance" this is going to happen - as seemed to be the consensus a month or so ago.  I mean, the CL QF draw was pretty much the worst possible one for us.  Even before this week's results I thought there's just as much of a chance of Chelsea winning CL outside top 4 as Liverpool.

Do I think Chelsea would beat PSG / Bayern / Man City in a final.  No.  But I certainly wouldn't feel very comfortable if it got to that point with Arsenal also progressing.  I mean, surely Arsenal are favorites to get to the final playing Prague and then winner of Zagreb + Villareal?  To sum it up - if you're not concerned about this, then more power to you.  But I certainly am.

• Like 1