Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Liverpool need to lose tomorrow, as after Utd they’ve got an easy run in. 
Think another 4 points will just about see us through...

I’m thinking 5 pts from the last 4, if we want top 3 then 7 pts with a win against Chelsea 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m thinking 5 pts from the last 4, if we want top 3 then 7 pts with a win against Chelsea 

Even 5 points is difficult. This is the issue with yesterday's draw. Put the pressure right back onto ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Even 5 points is difficult. This is the issue with yesterday's draw. Put the pressure right back onto ourselves. 

It has, but if you won’t top 4 you shouldn’t be losing 3 of your last 4 regardless. I fancy us against Spurs and Newcastle. More than capable of getting points against Man U and Chelsea, we stuffed Man U in the QF. The two best are Man City and Chelsea, in terms of players without question... the others I don’t fear 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It has, but if you won’t top 4 you shouldn’t be losing 3 of your last 4 regardless. I fancy us against Spurs and Newcastle. More than capable of getting points against Man U and Chelsea, we stuffed Man U in the QF. The two best are Man City and Chelsea, in terms of players without question... the others I don’t fear 

Agree. We've never lost three in a row under Rodgers either which should give us confidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That's a fair comment and I really hope you're right ofc. I agree the spurs game could be massive on the last day. 

My issue is looking at betting odds or probabilities for league finishes is a limited view. 

The players are human....they will be thinking about what happened last year for sure. Not picking up 3 points against Newcastle would be a bad situation. 

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What a pointless signing Josh King has been for Everton.

Everton are a pointless team. Just coasting in the league, signing expensive players and finishing mid table.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Agree. We've never lost three in a row under Rodgers either which should give us confidence.

I would go as far to say that not getting 3 pokints against Newcastle means it isn’t over, the whole season has shown apart from Man City no one goes on an amazing streak. I just think we have this with 5 points and all season our form has shown that is comfortable after 4 games 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

James Rodriguez got injured in the warm up, man is made of tissue paper

Probably why he’s eventually stunk the place out of every club he has been at.  

Edited by Pliskin

Beat Newcastle and Spurs and we don’t have to worry about anyone else’s results.

Man Utd will also go into our game knowing they have secured Champions League and will rest players ahead of the Europa League Final.

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

That's a fair comment and I really hope you're right ofc. I agree the spurs game could be massive on the last day. 

My issue is looking at betting odds or probabilities for league finishes is a limited view. 

The players are human....they will be thinking about what happened last year for sure. Not picking up 3 points against Newcastle would be a bad situation. 

Yes it would make me nervous and feel we are very catchable but this season has proven that weird results happen. I was so disappointed about the Southampton game because things have become uncomfortable again but that is football, a top team should be capable of picking up 5 in the last 4 regardless of the teams 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would go as far to say that not getting 3 pokints against Newcastle means it isn’t over, the whole season has shown apart from Man City no one goes on an amazing streak. I just think we have this with 5 points and all season our form has shown that is comfortable after 4 games 

And apparently our West ham game was 'must win'....

We took 7 points off United, Chelsea and Spurs in the reverse fixtures. Yet a lot of people (outside Leicester) think we're gonna shit the bed and lose all 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

We took 7 points off United, Chelsea and Spurs in the reverse fixtures. Yet a lot of people (outside Leicester) think we're gonna shit the bed and lose all 3.

Zero seems nailed on, sorry top teams don’t deserve CL football if they go on a run like that. It isn’t about securing CL before the last 3 games it is about doing so at 38 games. We are a top team and more than a match for all 4 we have left to play 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

8 minutes ago, Eskay said:

It doesn’t really the pressure is mainly on the other clubs to get their results right 

our fixtures

Newcastle (H), Man United (A), Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H).

Chelsea (2pts behind)

Man City (A), Arsenal (H), Leicester City (H), Aston Villa (A).

West Ham (8pts behind)

Burnley (A), Everton (H), Brighton (A), West Brom (A), Southampton (H).

Liverpool (9pts behind)

Manchester United (A), Southampton (H), West Brom (A), Burnley (A), Crystal Palace (H).

Spurs (10pts behind)

Sheffield United (H), Leeds (A), Wolves (H), Aston Villa (H), Leicester (A).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It doesn’t really the pressure is mainly on the other clubs to get their results right 

our fixtures

Chelsea (2pts behind)

West Ham (8pts behind)

Liverpool (9pts behind)

Manchester United (A), Southampton (H), West Brom (A), Burnley (A), Crystal Palace (H).

Spurs (10pts behind)

This, everyone has tough matches... but if we are going to be CL we need to play like it and that means beating the best teams. Last season we failed because we weren’t close to the best we had a terrible record, this season it is much better 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

our fixtures

Chelsea (2pts behind)

West Ham (8pts behind)

Liverpool (9pts behind)

Spurs (10pts behind)

Yep there is a lot of pressure on other teams to get their house in order.....I'm just thinking as a worst case scenario....if Liverpool beat United (which they're capable of!)....I'd say we have to pull of a result on the final day. Recent history tells me that's not easy. 

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Just a thought: does anyone think these bizarre losses to teams we should beat on the day especially when we’ve been superior in possession and chances is down to luck or fatigue? Fatigue could be a mental issue too not just physical. Not knocking the players as I know they’ve played a lot of games and had various injuries along the way. Just trying to make sense of these weird results which we should not be suffering. The odd one is one thing but we’ve had a few. Maybe Rogers senses this hence his half time rocket to motivate the players.

Defo some fatigue in the Southampton game, BR mentioned it after, 4 in 13 days. I think Madders was definitely struggling to do 90, but should improve. Also think we would have probably have won if Perez had started, but a fit Madders is better still.

Other teams who are busy will be having to juggle a bit too, and form seems elusive for many teams right now.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 1

Looking at the remaining fixtures Chelsea are more likely than us to not get any points from their remaining 4 games, especially if they have one eye on the Champions League Final.

For the record I think they will, but there is a chance, if we beat Newcastle and they lose to Man City. We are 5 points clear of them with 3 games to go, take a point against them and they would need to win there other two whilst we get nothing.

Spurs 10 points behind with 5 to play, I’d be amazed if Ryan Mason can guide them to 10 or more points over their last 5 games.

West Ham with all their injuries are one slip up from not being able to catch us.

Liverpool would be big favourites in all of their last 4, but we’ve seen Liverpool shit the bed this season and in the reverse fixture of those 4 games they only picked up 4 points.

• Like 4