Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures Chelsea are more likely than us to not get any points from their remaining 4 games, especially if they have one eye on the Champions League Final.

For the record I think they will, but there is a chance, if we beat Newcastle and they lose to Man City. We are 5 points clear of them with 3 games to go, take a point against them and they would need to win there other two whilst we get nothing.

Spurs 10 points behind with 5 to play, I’d be amazed if Ryan Mason can guide them to 10 or more points over their last 5 games.

West Ham with all their injuries are one slip up from not being able to catch us.

Liverpool would be big favourites in all of their last 4, but we’ve seen Liverpool shit the bed this season and in the reverse fixture of those 4 games they only picked up 4 points.

I think the annoying thing is that you can bet your life that Southampton roll over for Liverpool

Edited by Lambert09

16 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It doesn’t really the pressure is mainly on the other clubs to get their results right 

our fixtures

Newcastle (H), Man United (A), Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H).

Chelsea (2pts behind)

Man City (A), Arsenal (H), Leicester City (H), Aston Villa (A).

West Ham (8pts behind)

Burnley (A), Everton (H), Brighton (A), West Brom (A), Southampton (H).

Liverpool (9pts behind)

Manchester United (A), Southampton (H), West Brom (A), Burnley (A), Crystal Palace (H).

Spurs (10pts behind)

Sheffield United (H), Leeds (A), Wolves (H), Aston Villa (H), Leicester (A).

Scoreboard pressure. It's a cricketing term, but I like it.

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the annoying thing is that you can bet your life that Southampton roll over for Liverpool

To be fair, they beat them earlier in the season and usually upset Liverpool. The also still mathematically need 1 more win to be certain of safety - I know it’s highly unlikely, but as a club you can’t switch off until it’s certain you are safe - especially at this end of the season.

I fancy them to knick a point. 

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

From my Facebook page.

Throwback to this statement from Bayern Munich on season ticket prices

May be an image of text that says ""We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England". Bayern Club President, Uli Hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices."

Although true, he cannot with any level of sincerity compare the PL to the Bundesliga as someone associated with Bayern. That’s just insulting.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

BIG protests from Man United fans right now.

I liked the banner with Glazers Out Woodward Out with Woodward out crossed out.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

From my Facebook page.

Throwback to this statement from Bayern Munich on season ticket prices

May be an image of text that says ""We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England". Bayern Club President, Uli Hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices."

The experience as a fan is better too. Me and a few friends started going to a few Koln games a few years back. So much noisier, miles better atmosphere and just much more fun all round.

• Like 1

If utd win then they're a safe 2nd for when we play them, and Liverpool are as good as done. Would be sensational and make the game week a very decent one. Please happen!!! (If the game actually goes ahead!)