Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chelsea are looking good in the league, they'll 100% finish top 4, so even if they win the CL it won't matter. Does finishing 3rd or 4th make any other difference to us? By the time we play them we could also have 69 points (unlikely though), which will definitely be enough to secure CL football btw, so the league game won't even matter.

Doesn’t 4th carry a qualifying round? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

the danger is if England loses a league place (4th) to another English club winning the Europa (Arsenal). Doesn’t matter if Man City or Chelsea win the Championss league or Man Utd win Europa as they will most likely qualify anyway. We need to finish 3rd. 

I thought we would be OK if arsenal won Europa? There'd just be 5 PL sides qualify...no?!! 😬

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not really bothered about Chelsea anymore, from a league perspective. It's all about those 5th downwards dropping points. 

If Chelsea finish in the top 4, whether thats 3rd or 4th, it means 4th is definitely a champions league place regardless of Arsenal in Europa. 

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

the danger is if England loses a league place (4th) to another English club winning the Europa (Arsenal). Doesn’t matter if Man City or Chelsea win the Championss league or Man Utd win Europa as they will most likely qualify anyway. We need to finish 3rd. 

I dont think you have that right...

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I dont think you have that right...

5 places are available for CL, if arsenal win the EL and Chelsea win CL but finish 3rd with us 4th, 4th spot will be a CL place... however if Chelsea finish 5th then we will need top 3

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Doesn't matter if Arsenal win the EL, we'll just have 5 teams in the CL. The only time it's an issue, is if Arsenal win the EL, Chelsea win the CL, and neither finish top 4, which seems very unlikely given how well Chelsea seem to be doing at the minute and the points advantage they've currently got in the league.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks a draw against each other will be enough for ourselves and Chelsea and we can play out a nice bore draw!

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Doesn’t 4th carry a qualifying round? 

Nah, that stopped 3 or 4 years ago I think. All our CL teams go straight into the group stage now.

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Doesn't matter if Arsenal win the EL, we'll just have 5 teams in the CL. The only time it's an issue, is if Arsenal win the EL, Chelsea win the CL, and neither finish top 4, which seems very unlikely given how well Chelsea seem to be doing at the minute and the points advantage they've currently got in the league.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks a draw against each other will be enough for ourselves and Chelsea and we can play out a nice bore draw!

Nah, that stopped 3 or 4 years ago I think. All our CL teams go straight into the group stage now.

Ah, in that case, it’s in the bag. 

22 minutes ago, sdb said:

I thought we would be OK if arsenal won Europa? There'd just be 5 PL sides qualify...no?!! 😬

I just think arsenal don’t deserve feck all and it’s just so undeserved. Can’t bare to think of it happening 

I totally accept that within a season you get those frustrating losses that just happen, but I do wonder how we lost to Fulham. That game and the Villa and West Ham home defeats really stick out for me as our worst performances this season.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I totally accept that within a season you get those frustrating losses that just happen, but I do wonder how we lost to Fulham. That game and the Villa and West Ham home defeats really stick out for me as our worst performances this season.

Most teams have them, Chelsea lost to West Brom, Man Utd to Sheffield United. Weird, but it happens.  :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Most teams have them, Chelsea lost to West Brom, Man Utd to Sheffield United. Weird, but it happens.  :dunno:

Yeah, definitely. It's more that we made Fulham look like Barcelona that day. That said, Chelsea made West Brom look like peak Real Madrid in the 2-5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Easy to forget that we were juggling the EPL with the FA Cup and the EL earlier in the season, more injuries, tired legs, one or two squad players in the 11, these little differences make a huge difference overall.

Villa was the one for me though, we almost had a point there and we conceded in the 89th minute (I think?), putting Barkley under no pressure at all.

Just a thought: does anyone think these bizarre losses to teams we should beat on the day especially when we’ve been superior in possession and chances is down to luck or fatigue? Fatigue could be a mental issue too not just physical. Not knocking the players as I know they’ve played a lot of games and had various injuries along the way. Just trying to make sense of these weird results which we should not be suffering. The odd one is one thing but we’ve had a few. Maybe Rogers senses this hence his half time rocket to motivate the players.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Easy to forget that we were juggling the EPL with the FA Cup and the EL earlier in the season, more injuries, tired legs, one or two squad players in the 11, these little differences make a huge difference overall.

Villa was the one for me though, we almost had a point there and we conceded in the 89th minute (I think?), putting Barkley under no pressure at all.

Hamza tax 

• Sad 1

Just now, cruzFOX said:

Just a thought: does anyone think these bizarre losses to teams we should beat on the day especially when we’ve been superior in possession and chances is down to luck or fatigue? Fatigue could be a mental issue too not just physical. Not knocking the players as I know they’ve played a lot of games and had various injuries along the way. Just trying to make sense of these weird results which we should not be suffering. The odd one is one thing but we’ve had a few. Maybe Rogers senses this hence his half time rocket to motivate the players.

We Don’t have the attacking quality of the other top 4 teams imo, we have to be 100% on it 

• Like 1

Genuinely perplexes me how people and the media reach conclusions over who are the ‘good managers’ and who aren’t.

Yes, Fulham don’t have a lot of dosh, but their squad does contain some decent players.

Watching them tonight and it’s clear they are clueless coming forward in a game they have to win to have any chance of staying up

I don’t think Parker has done very well this season at all 

• Like 1

Fulham's squad isn't bad enough to be all but down with four to play. I was one of those who praised Parker for not making them the shambles of a couple of years ago but let's not rewrite history, they had a great chance to stay up six weeks ago and have failed hugely in very winnable games.

The likes of Areola, Andersen, Anguissa, Lookman, Lemina are not bad players, they lack a cutting edge striker in the shape of Wood or Wilson but they'll look back on this season and I'm sure believe they've wasted a great chance to survive.

• Like 1