Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Brizzle Fox said:

He's basically being contrary, calling out all of the journalistes who are taking part in the blackout as being virtue signallers who don't give a shit about the issues for the rest of the year. Probably a scintilla of truth there tbf

Why is it called a blackout? Seems a bit racist to me.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Sky presenter seemed more upset that the game was delayed than anything.

"Is this what all fans should do, then? Get matches delayed?"

No, maybe a campaign on Twitter which does **** all or they could write letters.

Whether you agree with the protest or not, it's caused disruption which it was intended to do.

Yep, people are all for faux outrage and meaningless social media campaigns but suddenly aren’t so supportive as soon as they are slightly inconvenienced.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sky presenter seemed more upset that the game was delayed than anything.

"Is this what all fans should do, then? Get matches delayed?"

No, maybe a campaign on Twitter which does **** all or they could write letters.

Whether you agree with the protest or not, it's caused disruption which it was intended to do.

Fair play to these fans, I wish more would take a meaningful approach and we might not all be in this mess.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

2nd in the league, probable europa final and they’re protesting!!! As a fan what more do you want. Some people are never happy.

I think you're being sarcastic but either way I see both sides, these are the 'real' Man Utd fans, they're making a stand and quite rightly, the plastic Man Utd (Or top 6) fans don't care as long as their team is on TV.

However where I do agree and laugh along with you if you're being serious is when I heard arguably one of these plastic Man Utd fans judging by his accent, is when I listen to TalkSport and they claim their club is being "Run our into the ground". Give me a break, have a day off! :crylaugh:

Whilst they havn't been at the echelons for a few years, they're still holding their own, they're still breaking transfers records, it makes me sick these deluded, entitled fans even dare to say they're being "run into the ground", tell Bury fans that!

The ironic thing is no-one agrees with this super league thing but it amazes me how these fans of the top 6 clubs are throwing their toys out the pram, do they only just realise they are part of the problem and always have been?

3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Yep, people are all for faux outrage and meaningless social media campaigns but suddenly aren’t so supportive as soon as they are slightly inconvenienced.

Absolutely. Easy to brush things off on the internet, not quite so straightforward when thousands of fans are mobilised to make a stand.

2 minutes ago, evil jack said:

What's he said?

He focused on what the Glazers have done for the club rather than the angle of the Super League plotting as if the fans are protesting at coming second to Man City this season! he had some elements of harsh reality in what he said but as usual in his role as chief antagonist / balloon burster he comes across as missing the point.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He was sticking up for the owners

Whilst also being wrong about their views of the Glazers. He said they weren't complaining when they were winning trophies when they had been- the Green and Gold protest has been going for over a decade, there were demonstrations in 2005 against the Glazers. I mean, a football club was even created in protest against them!

I join them in the concerns for the future of our beloved game, their right to protest and the effective strategies involved but can they just hurry it up a bit, I don't want to miss Country File and my Sky Box is too full to record it. 

• Haha 2