Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Man city 4 palace 0

Leeds 2 brighton 2

Chelsea 2 fulham 2

Everton 1 Aston villa 1

Take that!!!

I've just switched on Soccer Special for the first time in about 2 years. There are no words to describe how bad it is. It's just blokes barely stringing words together and other blokes going 'mmm' 'cor' 'hudred percent'.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

United winning tomorrow is massive, means that Man City won't win the title so will play a stronger side against Chelsea and will obviously just about mean Liverpool won't be able to catch us.

And they've pretty much won the European tie so can go full strength for tomorrow.

Agreed too on the Fernandinho comments above- every game he does it. No wonder teams struggle to get momentum going.

Chelsea are the only side I worry about going into this last run of games. I can’t see us beating them, and I know it’s unpopular but I’d take a win in the league and a loss in the cup. Chelsea look a different beast under Tuchel. 

A third place finish in the league would do more for the club than a cup. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chelsea are the only side I worry about going into this last run of games. I can’t see us beating them, and I know it’s unpopular but I’d take a win in the league and a loss in the cup. Chelsea look a different beast under Tuchel. 

But we could have already secured CL football before the cup and league game against them :dunno:

I’m usually on top of this - but, are we really that bothered about this Chelsea game? Besides obv wanting to finish as high as possible, It doesn’t matter too much if they overtake us in the league as far as CL goes and the doomsday scenario - its the rest of the chasing pack. In fact to go 4D chess - you could make argument it suits us for them to do well in the league until our game against them because if they are guaranteed top 4 at that point we may have a better chance to beat them ourselves - resting players etc - would CL final be before or after our game with them?

Edited by Bats8711

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chelsea are looking good in the league, they'll 100% finish top 4, so even if they win the CL it won't matter. Does finishing 3rd or 4th make any other difference to us? By the time we play them we could also have 69 points (unlikely though), which will definitely be enough to secure CL football btw, so the league game won't even matter.

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You're right. It is unpopular. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the danger is if England loses a league place (4th) to another English club winning the Europa (Arsenal). Doesn’t matter if Man City or Chelsea win the Championss league or Man Utd win Europa as they will most likely qualify anyway. We need to finish 3rd. 

• Like 1