Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Fulham's squad isn't bad enough to be all but down with four to play. I was one of those who praised Parker for not making them the shambles of a couple of years ago but let's not rewrite history, they had a great chance to stay up six weeks ago and have failed hugely in very winnable games.

The likes of Areola, Andersen, Anguissa, Lookman, Lemina are not bad players, they lack a cutting edge striker in the shape of Wood or Wilson but they'll look back on this season and I'm sure believe they've wasted a great chance to survive.

Fulham look like they are seeing the game out!

No passion, no cutting edge = relegation 

27 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Just a thought: does anyone think these bizarre losses to teams we should beat on the day especially when we’ve been superior in possession and chances is down to luck or fatigue? Fatigue could be a mental issue too not just physical. Not knocking the players as I know they’ve played a lot of games and had various injuries along the way. Just trying to make sense of these weird results which we should not be suffering. The odd one is one thing but we’ve had a few. Maybe Rogers senses this hence his half time rocket to motivate the players.

I think fatigue is a factor when it comes to breaking them down after we've given them a cheap lead. The biggest problem is normally completely arsing up an offside trap when the defensive "line" (a wiggly bloody line) is suicidally high up the pitch. We've done this in both West Ham games, and against Fulham, we push up and vacate most of our own half to leave a pacy forward in a 1 on 1 with Kasper.

I was satisfied with a point in the end at Southampton, but that table just shows how crucial getting the 3 points would have been.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

The Liverpool and West Ham games are the big ones. When you fail to slam the door shut when you have the chance and leave it slightly ajar, you give others an opportunity. Unfortunately we seem to have an annoying habit of doing just that, If both West Ham and Liverpool win their games in hand then we have heaped pressure on ourselves for the Newcastle game. I remember thinking when Watford equalized late on in the first game after the lockdown last year that, although we still had a huge cushion, that we had missed an opportunity to slam the door shut. Man U got their foot in the door and we missed out.. Fortunately, this year none of the chasers are showing the Man U form of last season,,.as yet! However, next time we get the chance, and hopefully that comes against Newcastle, we will take it and finally slam that bloody door shut!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

James Rodriguez got injured in the warm up, man is made of tissue paper

well known fact he is having hormone treatment for ultimately a full blown sex change at the end of the season

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Steve Walsh did pretty good at scouting when he was at Everton brought Calvert-Lewin for 1.5m, read that he recommended Erling Haaland for £4m but the Toffees heirarchy didn't want him.

He’s hated by Everton fans and held responsible for the likes of Klaason, Sandro, Bolasie, Schniederlin, Tosun and Ashley Williams. 

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Very entertaining, Aston Villa should be at least a couple of goals up here.

Everton seem to struggle in every home match.

Happy to see Everton draw this still.

Solitary points no good to them in a CL context.

51 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

He’s hated by Everton fans and held responsible for the likes of Klaason, Sandro, Bolasie, Schniederlin, Tosun and Ashley Williams. 

They’ve probably got a point , that is a dismal list of expensive misfits 

Edited by surrifox
  • Like 1