Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest bennytwohats
7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Wonder how they will sort the direct debits for that? If you can only go to half the games I presume that we only pay half the price until more return to the kp.

To be honest if everyone is made to wear masks I cant see the point of distancing as well. I suppose it depends on transmission rates the next few months. If masks really stop you from coughing out droplets if you have it, it should really stop it in its tracks.

I think they reduce it, but don’t stop it. And quite a big difference between using it say on a bus, with 10s of people, to a full football stadium with 30,000+

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Wonder how they will sort the direct debits for that? If you can only go to half the games I presume that we only pay half the price until more return to the kp.

To be honest if everyone is made to wear masks I cant see the point of distancing as well. I suppose it depends on transmission rates the next few months. If masks really stop you from coughing out droplets if you have it, it should really stop it in its tracks.

Masks work for everyday activity but shouting, singing, chanting releases and increased number of droplets over a greater distance and masks will only act as a partial barrier and being in close proximity singing/shouting is one of the biggest transmission risks. See infection rates in choirs etc.

You've also got the issue of where people travel from- I'd imagine we have a decent amount of match going fans living outside Leicester and the county.

I don't think away fans will be allowed for a good while yet but it's not as though the 30k home fans live within a 25 mile radius of the stadium.

• Thanks 1

Things could be a bit strange next season as a lot of teams could be knackered especially the top teams who, after the Champs League and Europa League, won’t have time for a break until after the new season finishes.

I know the players had the unexpected break but guessing mentally they didn’t switch off like they normally would have done on holiday and they kept training in case of a restart.

Wondering whether sides will even bother with a break and/or pre season friendlies.

2 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I think they reduce it, but don’t stop it. And quite a big difference between using it say on a bus, with 10s of people, to a full football stadium with 30,000+

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Masks work for everyday activity but shouting, singing, chanting releases and increased number of droplets over a greater distance and masks will only act as a partial barrier and being in close proximity singing/shouting is one of the biggest transmission risks. See infection rates in choirs etc.

I think we are all a bit scared into submission by this thing. It kills old and vulnerable people yes - so protect them, stop them going out and family members need to consider wisely who they visit. 

For the vast majority we all do and continue to do far more dangerous things every day.

I would just get on with it, the lasting damage we now have is much worse and only just beginning. The whole high street will be gone soon unless people go out.

We cant stop forever and there may never be a working vaccine. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think we are all a bit scared into submission by this thing. It kills old and vulnerable people yes - so protect them, stop them going out and family members need to consider wisely who they visit. 

For the vast majority we all do and continue to do far more dangerous things every day.

I would just get on with it, the lasting damage we now have is much worse and only just beginning. The whole high street will be gone soon unless people go out.

We cant stop forever and there may never be a working vaccine. 

Be careful suggesting that, it's been said on here before and some people think we should all stay in together even though it's only a select few who are vulnerable:ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Be careful suggesting that, it's been said on here before and some people think we should all stay in together even though it's only a select few who are vulnerable:ph34r:

Well I hope these people are going to stop driving, stop flying, stop going outside in the winter. All of these things carry a bigger risk factor for a bigger proportion of the population. :ph34r:

To be honest if we are going to be locked up forever with no pubs, restaurants, live sport, shops, jobs etc. Life is going to be a bit wank anyway. We are all safe inside but were all going mad and without the jobs some if us might not have an inside...:ph34r:

• Like 2

Sky now they believe only 25% crowd capacity for next season and I know FT have been discussing how the club pick that (above 33% now 25%) as a club but what about as a league.

Would be a terrible disadvantage to the smaller clubs, will pick B’Mouth as casing point when going to OT for instance, would Man U get the lions share of the 25% of 74k Let’s say 18k and B’Mouth get 500 tickets then in the reverse fixture 25% is only 2.7k total I’m sure the FA will oblige B’Mouth to offer at least 500 tickets to away supporters so 1 team gets 18k cheering them on in a home game the other gets little over 2k could stink of big club bias again.

i think the sensible option is to split the 25% 50/50, the clubs can work that between their season ticket holders for home games with away a first come approach. Seems rough on ticket holders but the atmosphere is generated by 2 sets of supporters singing off and reacting against each other and I think it wouldn’t take long before it became as sterile as watching with no crowd if 18k sat waiting for 500 voices to raise themselves.

I’m sure it won’t happen and the bigger clubs will gain their additional advantage to keep the Status Quo

Hopefully if there is a return with reduced capacity they choose fans on a loyalty system rather than through corporate connections. 

I understand media and TV etc but say those that have been going down since Filbo days, they should be allowed back first in my opinion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hopefully if there is a return with reduced capacity they choose fans on a loyalty system rather than through corporate connections. 

I understand media and TV etc but say those that have been going down since Filbo days, they should be allowed back first in my opinion. 

The club don’t know how long people have had a season ticket for

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm sorry, although I understand your argument and agree to some extent the picture is much bigger and more encompassing than you are stating. Let's just run the risk of condemning the elderly and vulnerable to an early death. There's 1.5 million extmemly vulnerable people who have been shielding on top of that, according to Chris Whitty, there around another 16 million people with known underlying health conditions including 5.4 million who receive regular treatment for asthma.

Then there are all the other serious medical conditions which have been delayed in treatment. And believe me I know. Three weeks ago my wife was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. She should have been seen back at the end of March but guess what her appointment was cancelled as the hospitals were being overrun with corona virus patients. She may well live but she may not. However, her chances would have been greatly improved by not having to wait nearly 4 months for the diagnosis. There are a great many other people like her and if we allow this virus to take over our hospitals with the sick and dying a great many more people will die of other causes unecessarily.

Sorry if this is off topic but if restricting movement, attendance at football matches etc is a way of helping other people then so be it.

You're right we need to find a balance and a vaccine may not come but better treatment will and buying our medical scientists time to deleop this along with doctors and nurse is an important part of what is going on.

Surely the best option is to lock down the vulnerable instead of locking up everyone and condemning the economy to hell, probably for ever in the case of some sectors. If there is 16 million who maybe affected then identify and protect them, lock them down, provide food parcels whatever they need, tell them not to go out and not to have visitors for now. That's is safest for them.

There will be no shops, resturaunts, shopping centres on high streets, hotels and associated jobs. There will likely be a number of football teams that cease to exist.

We are destroying the future, lifestyles and livelihoods of 60 million people by this action. Some may never recover. Life will never be the same for many even if a vaccine is found. To me this is not right. I get the need to protect people but is this is the best way to do it?

If those people are going outside even to sainsbury's there is a risk to them, they should not be out if they are at risk.

That is a bigger risk to them than me going to a football match with 30000 other people outside. Bearing in mind we have protests and beach gatherings of many thousands with seemingly little extra transmission.

The big issue is going to be autumn/winter, when everyone is crowded inside due to the awful weather.

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she makes a full recovery. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Surely they must have a database for such things? I would like to think they know I have had a ticket since 1991.

Nope, they got a new system in 2014 I think and it was all wiped off.

I had a huge issue with them regarding the advice they gave me years ago and when I wanted it sorted they fobbed me off telling me they had no evidence of my ST history. In the end I lost all my priority points and that's why I'm miles behind where I was now, but my original gripe was sorted tbf.

45 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Sky now they believe only 25% crowd capacity for next season and I know FT have been discussing how the club pick that (above 33% now 25%) as a club but what about as a league.

Would be a terrible disadvantage to the smaller clubs, will pick B’Mouth as casing point when going to OT for instance, would Man U get the lions share of the 25% of 74k Let’s say 18k and B’Mouth get 500 tickets then in the reverse fixture 25% is only 2.7k total I’m sure the FA will oblige B’Mouth to offer at least 500 tickets to away supporters so 1 team gets 18k cheering them on in a home game the other gets little over 2k could stink of big club bias again.

i think the sensible option is to split the 25% 50/50, the clubs can work that between their season ticket holders for home games with away a first come approach. Seems rough on ticket holders but the atmosphere is generated by 2 sets of supporters singing off and reacting against each other and I think it wouldn’t take long before it became as sterile as watching with no crowd if 18k sat waiting for 500 voices to raise themselves.

I’m sure it won’t happen and the bigger clubs will gain their additional advantage to keep the Status Quo

I'd imagine they'll be no away fans to limit travel, it'll be home fans only, probably for the majority of next season.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I had a huge issue with them regarding the advice they gave me years ago and when I wanted it sorted they fobbed me off telling me they had no evidence of my ST history. In the end I lost all my priority points and that's why I'm miles behind where I was now, but my original gripe was sorted tbf.

Sounds like they did a professional data migration!! :nigel:

I still have a paper booklet from the late 90s somewhere. Before the trial barcode scanner at Filbo. 

I keep meaning to take up the fact that the bricks I brought were never included in the KP. I spent ages checking them all, not there. But probably a lost cause!

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The club don’t know how long people have had a season ticket for

They should have some idea from the ST Supporter number

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Surely they must have a database for such things? I would like to think they know I have had a ticket since 1991.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I believe this is the case although ST numbers didn't change unless you stopped going for a few years.

Mines a 4 digit number from way back when I went with my daughter who moved away, I now go with my son who went to games then but didn't have a ST but does now so his number is 5 digits long.

Could be wrong mind.

19 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Starting the new season without Ricardo, Maddison, Chilwell, Fuchs is obviously not ideal. The early results often set the tone for the remainder. 

What makes it really shite is that we still won't be able to go :(

Hmmm

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I keep meaning to take up the fact that the bricks I brought were never included in the KP.

50 Foxestalk members have a share of a Brick

Foxestalk 50b.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

To think we could of had Kasabian as well. Opportunity lost there.