Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure if you saw this interview earlier, but Des Kelly put Klopp in his place! Great interview and hope that more broadcasters have the balls to fight back in the way he did.

I hadn't seen it, and I can see why the Trump/Fergie references have been made. However, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and he didn't just walk off, he actually allowed a discussion to take place. I don't believe he's being entirely honest, of course, but I wouldn't expect him to be.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

He did moan. He's complained about the schedule every season since he joined according to an article I read. 

When you're winning, people don't bring it up as much. But he was complaining last season at various points.

He was complaining about the schedule not long after Liverpool went on a USA pre-season tour last seasonlol

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure if you saw this interview earlier, but Des Kelly put Klopp in his place! Great interview and hope that more broadcasters have the balls to fight back in the way he did.

That's the results you get when a broadcaster actually uses a real journalist, not a 'touchline reporter', to ask the questions.

Would love to see it more often. 

• Like 3

The Leeds love in is nauseating, but you can see why they are liked. Not many teams would be so open and inventive away from home, even us. If they can stay up this year, improve on their squad but play the same way then they could be a really good team. At the minute though they're wasteful and could concede at any time.

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fair play to Des Kelly, good on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The Leeds love in is nauseating, but you can see why they are liked. Not many teams would be so open and inventive away from home, even us. If they can stay up this year, improve on their squad but play the same way then they could be a really good team. At the minute though they're wasteful and could concede at any time.

For sure there entertaining, I’m hoping they beat Everton tbf

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not fascinating in the slightest. Klopp once again pointing the finger at others rather than turning around and pointing at those above him who vote in these decisions and allow the gametime slots. 

Fair play to Des, standing his ground and explaining how it is. I'd expect an apology of some sort from Klopp in his next one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I was looking for it too:

Bit salty but not too bad. Des Kelly has a good point about the Premier League choosing the slots. Whether Liverpool played at 12:30, 15:00 or 17:30 I don't think that makes that much difference given they play again on Tuesday. 

The normal TV slots earn more money for the clubs as per the TV deal. If he has an issue he should take it up with his ceo not des Kelly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The normal TV slots earn more money for the clubs as per the TV deal. If he has an issue he should take it up with his ceo not des Kelly.

That would involve Klopp have a little amount of self reflection and not just blaming others