Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Rattled as fvck 

'stop the interview I only want to speak to people that have an idea about football' 

What an arrogant cvnty thing to say. 

Then when interviewer says people in studio say its a penalty as well he gets all arsey. 

How boring would it be if everyone just agreed with each other like he desired lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rattled as fvck 

'stop the interview I only want to speak to people that have an idea about football' 

Then when interviewer says people in studio say its a penalty as well he gets all arsey. 

How boring would it be if everyone just agreed with each other like he desired lol

Pretty sure I've saw this before,is it an old one? 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rattled as fvck 

Jeez - he really is a nob . That is a ridiculous reaction . Hope he gets a lot more “injustice” this season he makes Solskjaer look positively statesmanlike 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Pretty sure I've saw this before,is it an old one? 

Probably is but even so, the point still remains. If things don't go his way or Liverpool's way then the person asking must not know football, in his eyes. 

He's becoming like Fergie. 

• Like 1

Probably is but even so, the point still remains. If things don't go his way or Liverpool's way then the person asking must not know football, in his eyes. 

He's becoming like Fergie. 

Oh, definately. It's a ridiculous reaction. 

23 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I can't take these Liverpool complaints seriously until they come out and say the same things after they've cheated someone or got away with one.

Same with a lot of clubs.

Come out and criticise when it goes against them.

Nothing when it goes their way.

Last week v you guys for example when there was that handball which has been given before.

I suppose he has got that extra pressure now - ok you’ve won it once now go and win title again.

Edited by Super_horns

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s ideal kick off time for the Asian market. 

Alongside that it’s BT’s ‘best’ spot aka they get second pick from the weekend. 

It’s always going to be one of the top clubs or a derby. You don’t like it, don’t take the slice of the TV money from it 

Agreed. A solution might be to move the BT slot to 5.30pm (I think they used to have it) so Sky can vary who plays at 12.30pm a bit more. BT can still take a big team's match but the gap from the previous midweek is longer.

Managers and players want the longer rest, boardrooms want the most money, TV companies want the best kick-off times. Who will concede ground? Presently, I don't see the clubs above the playing staff giving anything up so we're stuck with this cycle of complaining for a while yet.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Agreed. A solution might be to move the BT slot to 5.30pm (I think they used to have it) so Sky can vary who plays at 12.30pm a bit more. BT can still take a big team's match but the gap from the previous midweek is longer.

Managers and players want the longer rest, boardrooms want the most money, TV companies want the best kick-off times. Who will concede ground? Presently, I don't see the clubs above the playing staff giving anything up so we're stuck with this cycle of complaining for a while yet.

Players and agents also want the money, can't have you nose in the trough and complain to much.  

Only in football could you have roughly 50% of PL clubs losing money each year but players still want more.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Alternative could be getting rid of the 12.30pm slot and moving it to a more regular spot on Saturday evening (or even better, stick it back to 3pm!!). 

Then have a more regular 12pm slot on Sundays. 

I don't think it should ever come to a point where clubs in Europe (including us) dictate when we play. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the PL clubs who have earnt their right to be in the league and therefore deserve just as much of a say as anyone else. You'll end up making the gap bigger between sides at the top and sides at the bottom. 

Obviously if a club in Europe is constantly playing 12.30pm after a Wednesday CL game then something is wrong no doubt. That in itself becomes unfair because 3 of those European games will have been a travel through Europe. 

What I don't understand is ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs have regularly played on a Sunday after EL travels. I've not seen any of our managers moan about it, moreso us given our injuries. It just makes what Klopp and OGS moan about even worse - a case of getting too greedy? Is it sowing the seeds for them to breakaway from the PL - 'Fine! If you don't give us what WE want, WE will go away and play in our own league!' 

See ya later! Watch them come crawling back when they realise they aren't as good as they make out to be (apart from Liverpool) and they're not winning or competing as much as they'd want. 

Weirdly, wouldn't they be travelling much more in some European Super League lol

• Like 1

What I don't understand is ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs have regularly played on a Sunday after EL travels

The CL is so much more of a strain on them the thought of how to blow all that money, the decisions, the arguments. Oh dear!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Alternative could be getting rid of the 12.30pm slot and moving it to a more regular spot on Saturday evening (or even better, stick it back to 3pm!!). 

I don't think it should ever come to a point where clubs in Europe (including us) dictate when we play. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the PL clubs who have earnt their right to be in the league and therefore deserve just as much of a say as anyone else. You'll end up making the gap bigger between sides at the top and sides at the bottom. 

Obviously if a club in Europe is constantly playing 12.30pm after a Wednesday CL game then something is wrong no doubt. That in itself becomes unfair because 3 of those European games will have been a travel through Europe. 

What I don't understand is ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs have regularly played on a Sunday after EL travels. I've not seen any of our managers moan about it, moreso us given our injuries. It just makes what Klopp and OGS moan about even worse - a case of getting too greedy? Is it sowing the seeds for them to breakaway from the PL - 'Fine! If you don't give us what WE want, WE will go away and play in our own league!' 

See ya later! Watch them come crawling back when they realise they aren't as good as they make out to be (apart from Liverpool) and they're not winning or competing as much as they'd want. 

Weirdly, wouldn't they be travelling much more in some European Super League lol

The 12:30 sat slot is the big one in e Asia and the sub continent. 

whilst klopp moans, their commercial arm are delighted that their vast swathe of fans out there can watch them at prime time 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Players and agents also want the money, can't have you nose in the trough and complain to much.  

Only in football could you have roughly 50% of PL clubs losing money each year but players still want more.

I get the impression players would rather play each day than do training!

That seems to get said by ex pros a lot.

Money and tv runs the game now so it’s either play when they want you to or don’t get the cash.

It’s probably them who wanted VAR etc too .

The fans and players didn’t but we kept hearing managers and pundits demanding for help.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Especially when we've agreed to it. There's no point us moaning about the schedule and the amount of games- we knew qualifying for Europe would increase our workload. My complaint about the 7/7.15pm games on Sunday is purely because I don't think it's a time for live football and that matches could be doubled up and played simultaneously (which would also, potentially, stop complaints about teams having extra rest time). @ttfn made an excellent point about the demands Klopp makes on the way his teams play and how Rodgers has adapted this season- but I don't think it will be part of a mainstream discussion.

Unless there's a fundamental change in the way the game operates from the top, inconvenience will continue.

• Like 2

Surely the sensible thing to do for this season was to say that some Champions League teams played Tuesdays and others played Wednesdays. This business of alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays is unnecessary and getting rid of it would help national leagues help plan their fixtures better.

Never mind how the 12:30 games inconvenience you lot, how do you think I feel having to drag myself out of bed, usually hungover, to watch at 7:30am?

Can't even clear the fog with a Spoons breakfast. Turgid state of affairs. lol

• Haha 1